Friday, December 13, 2013

Lately.


Happy Friday Friends. Any fun plans this weekend? This is our last weekend in town before we head to Charlotte for Christmas. I feel like this holiday season has slipped by and I have hardly gotten to enjoy it. So that is just what I plan to do this weekend. I promised Sterling we would build a gingerbread house, go see the Christmas Lights at the James Island County Park, make hot chocolate, watch Christmas movies, and wrap gifts. I really want to slow down and and enjoy this time of the year because it is so fun for Sterling and he is so excited.   Plus I love Christmas!

This week I started taking photos at night of what was going in our house.  I want to create a whole Blurb book of them.  It will be fun to look back on them years later!  Here is what has been going on in the Mason House.

Loving our MamaRoo Swing.  So nice for Frances to sit in while we enjoy happy hour and our tree!


Sterling has been so creative lately.  I have really tried to limit his TV,  for awhile we were watching too much.  Now we play instead.  This night he lined up every single car and "friend" he had.


Matt worked late Wednesday night so both kids got in bed with me and we snuggled- pure bliss.


Miss Frances has been keeping her Daddy up at night in our room where she currently sleeps, so Matt decided to blow up the air mattress in her room to get a good nights sleep for work.  Of course Sterling wanted to sleep in this awesome bed too and have a slumber party.


Frances had her first bath this week, her belly button had been infected and it finally healed so I could bath her.  I bathed her all by myself and was very proud !  Btw any great bath suggestions?  We still have yet to get one, I just bathed her in our sink which was tricky with just me.



 My friend Sam gave Frances this adorable Monkey hat- I mean does it get any cuter??


I will leave you with this list of Bible readings for Advent- love how it is broken down daily. 
Have a great weekend!



31 comments:

Laura said...

You need to get a "Blooming Bath"! It goes in your sink and will make your life 100x easier without all the storage of a giant tub. :) Here's a link to the webpage but they sell them all over, diapers.com, amazon, etc.

http://www.bloomingbath.com/blooming-bath-baby-bath.html

Pink and Fabulous said...

Get a Puj tub! I also love the Mustela PhysiObebe because it doesn't require a full bath, just a wash cloth. It was great for the nights when we needed to clean up without getting a full wash down. Those two are such cute kiddos! Have a great weekend!

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

LOVE the Advent scripture readings. Thank you so much for including those!

Also, Frances is such a doll! What a beautiful, beautiful baby!

Amanda said...

I second the Puj tub! I used it with both of mine and it's fabulous!

Amanda said...

I second the Puj tub! I used it with both of mine and it's fabulous!

Ellen Ross | Ask Away Blog said...

These photos are all so precious!
Im headed to a Christmas Party tonight! and then it's supposed to snow so I'll relax inside all weekend :)
XO,
Ellen

www.askawayblog.com

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

She is soooooo beautiful! Eeeek! I leave town early Sunday morning and come back Tuesday evening. When do you leave for Charlotte?! We need to cut out some of our TV watching too. It's out of control! Trader Joe's has a precious, easy gingerbread house kit for $8!

Rankin said...

Thank you for sharing these everyday moments. Your family is beautiful! And I love that you write about how you are feeling - newborn days are tough. Last Christmas I had a 4 weeks old so it was a bit of a blur, but this Christmas is already much more enjoyable.

Baby Shopaholic said...

Lil mama is so cute! Enjoy the weekend!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

That post bath pic......so adorable!

Anne said...

I have yet to join the baby train, but I fully recommend the Puj tub! I've used it to bathe my niece and it's awesome and very aesthetically pleasing. Also helps that it's easy to store - very streamlined!

Sarah said...

We have a 3 month old and use the angelcare bath support in our huge country style sink (you could also use in the tub). Love it! Makes it so easy I bathe her alone all the time!

17 Perth said...

So fun!!! And sterling and frances are adorable! Hope you enjoy Christmas every moment this weekend!

Jill said...

I agree with the Blooming Bath. The Puj is great conceptually but the magnets are not strong enough and it breaks apart frequently.

Meredith said...

Frances is beautiful! What a beautiful baby (and family!) Enjoy your festive weekend! Sounds like a good one.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

We use the Angelcare support in the tub and love it. I tried the Blooming Bath but it didn't fit our sinks - all were either too deep or too shallow. What a beautiful baby!

Leslie said...

You are all so sweet! Enjoy every minute of this special season. :)

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

you are stunning...seriously, you glow!!! I'm so happy for you and your family! Thanks for the bible verse list...love that!

Ashley said...

I have a Puj Tub, it is the best! Folds flat so you can stick it in a closet or under the sink when you're not using it. Great for slippery babies during bathtime! :)

Nat said...

You do not look like you just had a baby a few weeks ago! I don't love the tub we have, I think it's a fisher price, but it has a newborn sling so it's easy to wash the baby with just one person and you don't have to hold them up so you can use both hands. Frances is just absolutely precious!

Kate said...

The Primo infant bath seat is the BEST! I have tried the Puj, Blooming Bath, that expensive fold-flat thing from Giggle- and this cheap thing is the best by far. So secure in my kitchen sink or the bathtub, and I love that its totally sanitize-able because its durable plastic. And it's C-H-E-A-P! :)

http://www.diapers.com/p/primo-infant-bath-seat-white-18673?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=RP-006&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&CAWELAID=1338740723&utm_content=pla&ca_sku=RP-006&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword}

Kyle said...

I think you are doing a first rate job with everything! The holidays can be an emotional time, and adding a new baby in to the mix is exciting, but I am sure overwhelming too. You are surely handling everything with grace and seem to be making sure Sterling has all his favorite traditions in place! xox

High Cotton Style said...

She's so cute! It seems like everyone is adjusting well:) My favorite baby bath is the summer mesh one. I feel like they're more secure in it and you can put it in the bath with Sterling:)

Jillian said...

the monkey hat is the CUTEST! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Unknown said...

Frances is seriously the cutest...I wan't to meet her finally! Hope we can get together while you are in town!

Plum Pretty Sugar said...

Gorgeous and oh so lovely. We love every bit of beauty in this post!

xo

www.PlumPrettySugar.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pictures and gorgeous family! Can't believe that Christmas is almost here...where has the time gone?!

Xo,

http://www.georgiapeachmommy.blogspot.com

Diversastyle said...

Definitely agree on the Puj tub. We loved how easy it was to set up in the sink and stored flat on a hook we hung up on the back of the bathroom door.

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

You look so happy in all these photos Natalie!

Julia Ryan said...

such a great idea!