Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year + Thank You



It is hard to believe 2013 is coming to end. This year has been an eventful one for my family. My sister, sister-in-law, and me all welcomed babies this year.   I am so happy Sterling finally has some cousins and all these babies will grow up together close in age.  We lost my dear sweet grandfather, and Matt started his own law firm.  Lots of major moments this year.  

 I can't even put into words how thankful I am for Frances Moon.   She is our biggest blessing this year.  I am so sad my grandfather never got to meet her, but I know he and my grandmother (her namesake) are smiling down on us.  Once you have experienced a miscarriage and then when it is difficult to conceive again, you realize what a true blessing and miracle a baby is.  I cried and prayed so many days for this baby and now to have her in my arms I feel complete.  God has been good to us this year.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for reading my blog and commenting.  I also want to thank each person who stops me when I am out to tell me they read my blog and how much you enjoy it.  You truly make my day, so don't ever hesitate to stop and talk to me!!  This blog is really my happy place.  It is my creative outlet, a place for me to vent, share my passions like fashion and food, and document our family life.  This blog has opened so many doors for me and connected me with so many people and I hope it continues to do so.  I have made so many virtual and real life friends thru this blog and I hope to continue to nurture these relationships and make more.   I want 2014 to be an even better year for my blog so please leave me a comment and tell me what you want to see more or less of in 2014.  I am open for suggestions!

As much as I love the Holidays, I also love the New Year.  It is a time to reflect,  refocus,  and start fresh.  I am not big on resolutions, more life changes.  Resolutions are easy to break but life changes are not.  I found these two lists and loved them.  Hope to think about these ideas often.



Mostly in 2014, I want to focus on these two,  my two biggest accomplishments and loves.  I want to put down my phone and computer and really savor and enjoy my time with them, because time goes by in the blink of eye when you have a child.  I want to be fully present and be the best mom I can be.
 

I also want to refocus on my relationship with Matt.  With two kids our relationship has definitely been put on the back burner.  We have committed to doing a date night 1-2 times a month just us alone, no friends.  We need that time alone to reconnect and nurture our relationship.  Family is my main priority in 2014 because isnt it the most important thing?
 
I wish each and everyone of you a Happy New Year filled to the brim with happiness, blessings, and dreams fulfilled.  Thank you for all your love and support! 
A motto I hope we all live by this year:
See you in 2014!


xoxo


35 comments:

Annie {flourishinfertility.com} said...

Happy New Year! Wishing you a 2014 as full and wonderful as your 2013! xo

Melissa W. said...

Great post Nat! Happy New Year Mason Family!

Unknown said...

have a happy new years! so happy to have found your blog this year! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Dina said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! Thank you, thank you for always brightening up my morning with REAL posts-I appreciate you always being so realistic and honest with your readers, and you are such a talented writer! You hit the nail on the head with the "reconnecting" with your husband/alone date nights , 2 kids amps it up so much that you tend to lose each other, at least it did for us! I have a sitter one day a week for errands and usually 1-2 evenings a month for date nights with the hubs, it's my sanity! I honestly find the one thing I've had to let go of is time for friends…after giving it my all, all day long with 2 under the age of 3, I'm too drained to give any more! Here's to a wonderful 2014 :-)

designchic said...

Thanks for all the inspiration this year and all the best in 2014!

17 Perth said...

Happy New Year to you!!! And what a year you have had! Many many blessings to you in 2014!

Elizabeth Blount said...

Happy, healthy 2014! Your blog has been my daily happy place. Keep it all coming! Cheers to Mason4.

tpatters5 said...

What a thoughtful post! I really enjoy your blog and wish you a great 2014!

Meg ~ Chasing Pink Fireflies said...

Happy New Year to you! I love reading your blog every day and am so happy for your many blessings this year! I love those lists and think I'll print them off and post them above my desk as a daily reminder about what's important in life! Xo

Meredith said...

Happy New Year to you! Thank you for sharing snippets of your life with us - your blog has always been one of my favorites and first reads of the day :) I can tell 2014 will be a great one for you and your family! xo

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Love this!! Happy NY Natalie!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet at the Barre said...

Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

Happy New Year Natalie! You are a real gem in this big world of blogs.

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Love your goals for 2014! I love reading your blog and look forward to reading many more posts about you, your family and your delicious recipes :)

April of Smidge Of This said...

Happy 2014 to you, and regarding posts for the new year ... I'd say you've got a great thing going! Keep doing exactly what you're doing. REAL writing and REAL life stories.

And by all means, next time you are in Charlotte, please let us QC bloggers treat you to a proper blogger brunch! :)

Jenna said...

Happy 2014! Love your blog and your sweet littles! I have a son, Oliver, about to turn 3 next month and we are trying for baby #2. Love your recipes, shopping and motherhood posts. All the best!

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

Love this post. I noted that "less vs. more" image too. I'm trying to focus on the same in the new year. Happy 2014, Masons!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Wonderful post! I hope 2014 is an even better year for you Natalie! I have a lot of personal goals for myself next year. One being, to put down the phone and focus on my beautiful little boy. To be truly present. I love your blog, and I love when you write posts that are from your heart. About what you are feeling and thinking. To me those are your best posts. So maybe more of those?;)
Happy New Year! Kisses and hugs to you and your beautiful babes!

Unknown said...

Natalie your post was so special as we cherish our family as well. Please take time to read our post today as it praises the blessings we also have in life. One thing we have done as new bloggers on the scene is to appreciate our readers and also support fellow bloggers. In the new year we want to continue this. You have been a part of our fave blog roll since day one and my dream would e for you to one day guest post one of your awesome recipes on our blog. Happy new year! Chris and amanda from dualburner.blogspot.com.

Val said...

I love this post, Natalie. Happy New Year!

eastcoastbird said...

Happy New Year Natalie! Love your blog, it's so down to earth!
Quick question, I am about to order the Jcrew CeCe flats per your recommendation. Should I order my true size? I am a 9.5.... They are on final clearance and I am scared to order the wrong size, but at $41 I know I am crazy not to! Thank you!!!!

Madeline {elle + j} said...

Happy New Year!! I have loved reading your blog all year and can't wait to continue in 2014! It is definitely my fav- can't get enough of you, your cute fam and awesome fashion. xo

Unknown said...

Love this post and your blog. I love the way your blog is laid out each week and love that I can always count on a new post first thing every morning. You are so reliable and have great things to share, so that's why people are always coming back for more!

I look forward to a new year of fresh starts and life changes as well and I am certainly looking forward to 2014 and putting my family first! Happy New Years!!

Jordin- I Love That! said...

That was so sweet! I am so happy to have found your blog this year, its one of my favorites! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Sarah said...

Babies are SUCH a blessing! I had (our first) little girl in mid September and her arrival has made this the best year ever!

Kathy Olson said...

Happy and blessed New Year to you and your family! I am so thrilled and happy for you about your new baby!

Ally Harding said...

I love reading your blog and it's truly one my favorites. I always know I can count on a new post every morning to read after a long shift at work and I'm waiting for my car to warm up, true story! It was so great being able to meet you this year and I hope to see your around town more often! I'm so happy for your new family of 4! Have a wonderful New Years!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year to you and your family. I have enjoyed following along with you this year and look forward to the next!

A Manolescu said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, Natalie! I will echo others here in saying that your blog is one of my daily "happy places", so thank YOU :) :)

Alissa

Sarah Brooke said...

Found your blog in the fall and love it. Thanks for keeping it real!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Love!! A great post and your little ones are the cutest!! XoXo

Meg said...

I enjoy your blog - my favorites post are your candid, life moments being shared versus links what stuff you love.

"collect memories, not stuff" :)

Very happy to see you complete your family this year!
Many good times ahead

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Wishing you all the very best for this year Natalie! Big hugs!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year.
free prestashop themes

Julia Ryan said...

Love it and love you! May 2014 be the BEST year yet :)