Monday, December 2, 2013

Frances Moon's Arrival!

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. You know what they worked. I had a fast and relatively easy delivery. I am just so thankful and happy to announce the birth of our sweet daughter Frances Moon Mason on November 25th. She is such a blessing and we just can't get enough of her.


This time around I decided to go the induction route.   With another child at home an induction definitely makes planning easier.  Plus I had been dilated and effaced for the past month with still no baby.  My doctor really recommended it and said I was a favorable candidate.  I decided I wanted to go to my due date to try and allow her to come on her own but alas she never did.  We scheduled the induction for Monday morning the 25th, a day after my due date.  I was nervous about being induced mainly because I was scared of having a c-section.  But let me tell you my induction was wonderful and I would do it again in a heartbeat. 

Monday we checked in the hospital around 6:30am.    Picture is kind of blurry we were both tired at this point but excited.


We filled out paperwork, got admitted to our room and then around 7:30 they started a bag of fluids for me.   After the fluids around 8:15 they started the pitocin to get my contractions going.  At first the contractions were not bad but then they quickly got unbearable.  I am still smiling in this picture so it is obviously pre-contractions


At this point the anesthesiologist was busy so I had to wait 30 more minutes for my epidural.  I had honestly forgotten how bad the pain from the contractions were- wowza.  I could not talk and alternated between feeling like I was going to pass out and vomit for about an hour or so. More power to all the women who don't get epidurals.  About thirty minutes after I got the epidural around 11:10 I called the nurse in and said I really felt like I needed to push.  She checked me and I was indeed ready (I knew I was).   My parents had just gotten to the hospital so they quickly left the room and we rushed Matt back in.   I had to hold off pushing and wait for my doctor to arrive- let me tell you not pushing when you need to is hard!  My doctor arrived and I pushed about 4 times and Miss Frances was out!  I was in labor with Sterling 30 hours so this 4 hour labor felt like a breeze.



 Frances Moon weighed in at 8lbs, 1 oz, and was 20 3/4 inches long.  I think she looks alot like Sterling when he was born.  She is such a sweet baby and very chill.  It blows my mind I have a daughter and I am now a mom to two kids.

Frances Moon is named after my maternal grandmother.  I was very close with her and still miss her everyday.  She died right before Matt and I started dating, we had our first date a week after she died, so sadly she never got to meet Matt.  I found out I was pregnant this year right before my grandfather died and I knew in my heart it was a girl.  I hate I never got to tell him it was a girl and we named her Frances after his wife.  I do know they are both looking out over us though.  I have felt a certain peace this whole pregnancy and delivery and I know without a doubt it is their presence.


We were so excited for Sterling to finally meet Frances.  He is so darn sweet with her always blowing her kisses and petting her head.  He is going go be such a great big brother.


That first night in the hospital we celebrated with some wine my parents brought- this stuff is amazingly delicious I highly recommend.


With the induction being scheduled my whole family (minus my brother and his wife) were able to be in town which was awesome!  Matt's family was there too of course since they live here!

I love that Frances will be so close in age to both her cousins, Finley and Drew!





Two of my favorite friends Julia and Caycee stopped by too to meet Miss Frances.



I am totally emotionally and physically exhausted and my hormones are crazy out of whack- I will cry at the drop of a hat but I am deliriously happy.  The last month of my pregnancy was crazy hard and I already feel so much better.  I so blessed to have sweet Frances in my life and love having a family of 4!




66 comments:

Natalie said...

She's absolutely perfect, Natalie! Thanks so much for sharing the story. Love how she got her name, too, so so sweet. Congratulations again!

Nickie said...

Oh, you made me cry!! Natalie I am so excited and happy for you!! Frances is so beautiful and I am glad to hear your delivery went so well. Enjoy your new bundle of joy. Congrats to you, Matt and Sterling!!!

Pretty in Pink said...

congrats :) i can't believe you had a baby a week ago. she is so beautiful!

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness she is precious...Love her name! Congrats to your sweet family! What a special eternal everlasting gift this season;) Mandy

pretty little things said...

congrats momma to you and your family! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com

Jillian said...

congratulations! i love the name and the story behind it. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Caitlin.Marie {the couture life} said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful, you and your family are so sweet! Enjoy the holidays with your wonderful addition : )

Georgine said...

Seriously teared up when you were describing your grandparents. I swear my grandmother and I are soul mates and thankfully she is still alive and we are very close. Thanks for sharing your story!!!! I could not be happier for you and your sweet family :)
XOXOXO
Georgine

Annie {flourishinfertility.com} said...

Such a beautiful family of FOUR! Congratulations to all, and so glad you had a Thanksgiving with extra reasons to be thankful. I love her name and the tradition, meaning, and love behind it. xo

Ashley Brickner said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is beautiful!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Julia Ryan said...

She's perfection! LOVED getting to meet her! XO

Ally Harding said...

I am so happy for you! Frances is so adorable and your family seems so complete now with her!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

I'm so glad she is here! Great job on a 4 hour labor! You look wonderful and so happy! You're going to be an amazing girl mom!!!

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

Oh, Natalie, she's gorgeous!! And I definitely cried a little bit reading the story about her name. My niece was born the 23rd, and I'm completely in love, so I know as the mom, you're head over heels. Congratulations to you and your family!!

Melissa W. said...

You look perfect! Frances is beyond beautiful! You are an amazing mom! I wish I could do everything you do! Congratulations Mason Family!

Cassie {Home and Sass} said...

Beautiful!!!! Congratulations!

caycee said...

I get all mushy feeling every time I see her! Like I want/need to hold her right now!!!

tpatters5 said...

She is beautiful! A wonderful name with such meaning. The picture of the four of you in the hospital hugging is precious. Congratulations!

tpatters5 said...

She is beautiful! A wonderful name with such meaning. The picture of the four of you in the hospital hugging is precious. Congratulations!

Meredith said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful baby girl and family :) Thank you for sharing! Congrats again!

Unknown said...

So happy your delivery was a breeze! Mine second was like that too, I was shocked when they handed me my daughter!!! Your baby girl is beautiful! many blessings to you and your family!!!

SaraRuth said...

Congratulations! She precious! I had my son at ecmc on 11/21. Wasnt the anthsesiaologist nice to look at? Enjoy the holidays with your sweet family!

Kyle said...

Thanks for sharing your birth story with us! I knew you would deliver quickly. : ) I love that you named your baby girl after your Grandmother. Such a special fist and middle name for a beautiful baby. It really seems like you are adjusting quite nicely to life as a family of four. So very happy for you! Btw...how do you look so good post birth?! Best in the hospital pics I have seen. xox

BLovedBoston said...

You look absolutely chic going into the hospital!! Congratulations on your little bundle of joy - she is so adorable!! Thank you for sharing the story!!

http://blovedboston.blogspot.com/

17 Perth said...

So sweet!! She is precious! And congratulations!!!

Alicia xoxxo said...

This post made me cry Natalie. I am just so over the moon happy for you and your family! Frances is gorgeous! I know Sterling is going to be a fantastic big brother! And I love that you named her after your grandma. If I am ever lucky enough to have another baby, I am def using a family name. Enjoy that sweet baby, she is perfect!

Emily {Luscious Life & Decor} said...

Thank you for sharing and congratulations, again. She is beautiful. I remember those emotional days- it lasts for a good week or two. Enjoy your precious new baby girl! Handling two babies will be a lot easier when Sterling is such a great big brother!

Alexa said...

Love her Natalie. Congrats to your whole family! Hope you are settling into life with two kiddos! :)

A Manolescu said...

She is beautiful, Natalie--many congratulations to you and Matt! So glad to hear your delivery was relatively quick and you are doing well. The four of you are so adorable together!

Alissa

just ask beth said...

perfect family of four.. so glad it was easy for you. she absolutely beautiful..and that sterling is so handsome..frances is a very Charleston name and lots of girls go by frances, Francy or Frany( FRAH nee) not FRANNY!! i love it..

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

So happy for you!!!! She is beautiful. ;-)

natasha {schue love} said...

SO SO happy for you!! Frances is simply perfect and you amaze me with all you've done this past week. I remember those crazy hormones though! Congrats Mama!! xo

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

Such a perfect little family! I just love her and I don't even know her!!

Megan said...

Congratulations!! She is just beautiful and has such a special namesake.

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

Natalie- so so happy for y'all. She's everything perfect and more! I love the meaning behind her name. I was so close to my grandmother who passed away almost two years ago and have always tried to come up with a way to name my future daughter after her.

Such a gorgeous and happy family of four!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

Congratulations what a beautiful baby and stress free delivery story!

Meet @ the Barre

Hillary Warlick said...

Congrats! She is precious!

M {livinlife941.blogspot.com} said...

Congratulations, Natalie! Frances Moon is absolutely adorable! My birthday is November 25th :) I am expecting my first baby, a little girl, Amelia Harper, on December 23rd. My husband and I are so excited!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby girl. Congratulations to you and your family!

Happily Ever Parker said...

Congratulations! She really is a beautiful newborn baby!

April of Smidge Of This said...

What a sweet story behind her name. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter!

megan said...

The story about your grandparents brought tears to my eyes. How sweet that your daughter is named after someone so special to you. Congratulations again!

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

Loved reading this Natalie, totally took me back! My favorite photo maybe of all time is of my older daughter seeing my younger for the first time in the hospital. Her face is priceless. So, so happy for you.

Unknown said...

Aw! I am so ready to get to the hospital and have this baby {though he/she needs another 5 months of cookin' of course}. Frances is precious. You are right about contractions...I made it to 9.5 cm with my 2nd before I got my epidural and believe me that was not by choice! Just some mixup with my doc not knowing I was at the hospital and the anesthesiologist being busy with other patients! Horrible! I have had pretty dang fast labors with both, (4.75 hrs and 3.5 hrs) so I worry this one will be delivered en route to the hospital! LOL

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Frances is beautiful and I love her name!

Jordan - Queen of LA! said...

she is really beautiful and i am so happy for you and your adorable new family of four! i was so excited to read this today, i have been looking forward to hearing all about miss frances!

lizziefitz said...

Congratulations!!! Frances Moon is beautiful! I love that she has two guardian angels of her very own. I am sure your grandparents are smiling down on her & your lovely family.

Chimmy said...

Congratulations! Love following blog that these lovely personal touching moments! Hurray for Frances Moon... what an awesome name! I think I'd LOVE to read a post about her adorable name!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and you look amazing! Love her name too. Sending prayers as you adjust to life with 2!

Southern Elle said...

She is beautiful and you look gorgeous and so skinny already!! What a wonderful time. I want number 2 but I'm scared of the labor! Good work Mama!

Jen said...

Congratulations! Love her name - my daughter's middle name is Frances after my grandma too!

Kathy Olson said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Jill said...

this melts my heart!! She is adorable!!

Lisa said...

Awe this made me cry! This is just so perfect and I love the meaning behind her name. She is beautiful! xoxo

Unknown said...

Natalie, I have been following your blog for quite some time. Thank you for letting your readers/followers into your life. Congrats on the beautiful addition to your already beautiful family! We wish you the best of luck! You will be a great mother to Frances. I, too, was close with my grandfather, "Papa," as you were to your grandmother. Chris and I often talk about children and know that our children will carry family names. Kudos and get some rest!

Love, Chris and Amanda

dualburner.blogspot.com

Cannon said...

She is beautiful!!! Congrats!!!

Jen Watts said...

So, I teared up reading this. My sister and I are avid readers of your blog and consider ourselves "charlestonians at heart". She delivered a healthy baby girl (no epidural, 2 hours, good Lord, can't imagine) on the 25th. Named after our grandmother.. Who recently passed. I'm sure both grandmothers are watching over and looking after your sweet baby girls.. Now go on and rock being a girl mom as I know you will. She is precious and you are stunning as always!! Much love!

Val said...

Frances is perfect in every way....I'm obsessed with her name. SOOOOOO happy for you.

Maureen said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful! I also had my daughter at east cooper the same morning you did. I actually was in the lobby when you and your husband where there, but my husband wouldn't let me say anything b/c he said I would creep you out:) I was probably the one holding up the anesthesiologist that morning, b/c I had a c-section at 8, so I am sorry:( I can't imagine that was fun waiting!! Enjoy your sweet girl. We are loving our little one, and so is her big brother- it's so fun to see the difference between little girls and little boys, even at 9 days old:) Congrats!!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I am a little behind on my blog reading, but wanted to stop by to say congratulations on your beautiful new little lady! xoxo

Taylor said...

congratulations natalie!!! she is beautiful!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

So so precious! And wow what a difference between delivering Sterling and her! And yes, no idea how some people go without epidurals, crazy admirable I guess. Love her name, beautiful choice ;)

Unknown said...

ahhhhhhh, so happy for you Natalie!!! She is so perfect; you must be in heaven. Glad you had an easy delivery!!! xoxo

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

What a beautiful name! She is a beauty.

Shawna B said...

Congrats, she is adorable! I LOVE that name blanket, I have to ask where you got it?!

Michelle said...

what a blessing, love her name too