Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Best Veggie Sandwich Ever


After not really watching what I ate for the past nine months, I am ready to get back on track and lose the last of this baby weight.  I am not on a full blown diet that will come after the Holidays (I must indulge for all the holiday parties)  but I have been trying to buy healthier groceries and making smarter food choices.  I try to eat really healthy for breakfast and lunch so I can indulge at dinner and eat what I want plus have a glass of wine.  This week I decided to make veggie sandwiches for lunch.  This combo is amazing.  The Greek yogurt spread paired with the crunch of the carrots and cucumbers and then the creamy avocado is amazing.  Make sure you splurge and buy some really good bread.  I found this awesome multi grain bread by Band of Bakers in the fresh bread section at Harris Teeter and it makes the sandwich!   I think this sandwich would be killer with some cheese like pepper jack added too.
Enjoy!



:: T H E  B E S T  V E G G I E  S A N D W I C H ::

- Multigrain or Oat Bread
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Fresh Dill
- Sliced Carrots
- Sliced English Cucumber
- Arugula sprouts
- Sliced Avocado
- Sea Salt


Combine Greek Yogurt with chopped fresh dill and salt and pepper.  You can mix up as much as you want to save for future sandwiches.  I mix about one cup of Greek yogurt with a tablespoon chopped fresh dill.  Layer on the veggies and slice and serve.  Be sure to sprinkle the avocado with sea salt it makes the flavors so much better!  I toast my bread slightly to soften it up.

**Arugula Sprouts can be found near the regular sprouts in the produce section.  I found mine at Harris Teeter and they were called Arugula MicroGreens.**
 



26 comments:

Meg ~ Chasing Pink Fireflies said...

This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing! Do you buy regular Greek yogurt or non fat? Thanks!

Keepin' Up With The Jahns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keepin' Up With The Jahns said...

Hey Natalie! I have a similar recipe to this that I've been wanting to try, but can never find sprouts at our local stores. Looks yummy!!
P.S. Ignore the deleted comment...I didn't notice your sentence at the bottom telling where you got your sprouts. Didn't want to be redundant! ;). Audra @ keepinupwiththejahns.blogspot.com

"B" said...

Being a vegetarian I am forever looking for alternative lunch & dinner options. This looks DELICIOUS!

Ally Harding said...

I'm so glad you posted this! It looked so good on your instagram!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Veggie sandwiches are the best! This looks really good! Thanks for the recipe!

Leslie said...

That looks amazing! I'm going to pin this and try it!

Sara said...

You really have the best recipes!
I can't wait to try this!
Sara
Life with Baby Sophia

Unknown said...

This looks so...yum.

www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

Delta Daisies said...

I'll have to try this! Thanks!

natasha {schue love} said...

Wow, this looks DELISH!!!

Portuguese Prepster said...

sounds delicious..I love veggie sandwiches

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Sounds and looks so fresh!!

Gracie Johnston said...

This looks beyond delicious!

Pink and Fabulous said...

I LOVE a good veggie sandwich! I can't wait to try the yogurt and dill mixed. Such a good idea!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

I'm so making this. I was all over it when you instagrammed it.

17 Perth said...

Oh my goodness--this is right up my alley! Looks so good!

Unknown said...

So delicious....I love some red meat but this is something that's so fresh + light for lunch! Must try!

Unknown said...

That looks great! I can't wait to try the recipe.

Chimmy said...

looks so yum! this vegetarian approves :) i might be biased because think i have avocado every day!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

Looks great! I use greek yogurt as a healthy substitute in a lot of recipes plus it has a lot of protein!

Meet @ the Barre

Nat said...

Yum!! You've inspired me to start making veggie sandwiches again!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! This is very good for the health. I like your sandwich. It is more beneficial if I take it in the morning breakfast with the juice. I will try this next morning. Thank you dear!!!


Regards,
Diaper Bags

Unknown said...

Can.not.wait to try this! YUM! Now I'm starving!

Xo,
http://www.georgiapeachmommy.blogspot.com

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Nat, this looks so good! I'd love to feature it on Honey We're Healthy and link to you. Is that okay with you?

Anonymous said...

That sandwich looks amazing! I will have to try that with my Ezekiel bread