Monday, November 23, 2015

Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole + Thanksgiving Outfit Ideas + Minted Winner


I wanted to share a recipe that I made over the weekend that would be perfect for the upcoming holiday weekend. It was ridiculously good. I first spied this recipe on Pinterest and had been dreaming of making it, so on Saturday morning I did.  It was super easy to whip together, took no more than 10 minutes.  
The cinnamon rolls with the eggs, cream and icing was pure decadence.   This would be great for Christmas morning as well. I made a little extra icing to drizzle over ours just mixing powdered sugar and a little water because we love icing round here.  I feel like the cinnamon roll containers never have enough icing in them!
Enjoy!

|| C I N N A M O N  R O L L   F R E N C H   T O A S T   C A S S E R O L E ||
Recipe adapted via Mighty Mrs.

INGREDIENTS

2 cans (12.4 oz) cinnamon rolls
1/4 cup butter melted
2 eggs
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tap nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup maple syrup
powdered sugar


INSTRUCTIONS


  • 1.
    Melt butter and coat a 9x12 baking dish with the melted butter (There will be extra, that's OK)
  • 2.
    In a bowl, beat together eggs, cream, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
  • 3.
    Open canned cinnamon rolls, slice each cinnamon roll into eighths. Place cinnamon roll pieces into the bowl of egg mixture and toss to thoroughly coat. Then pour the pieces, coated in egg mixture, into the greased baking dish and spread out evenly. Any remaining egg mixture, you can pour or rush over top of areas that look like they might get dry. Sprinkle with pecans.
  • 4.
    Bake at 350˚for 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown
  • 5.
    Remove french toast bake from oven. Warm icing from cinnamon rolls in microwave for 15 seconds; pour evenly over cinnamon roll pieces. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or top with maple syrup if desired. Serve warm.
.....................................................................................

My Go to outfit for Thanksgiving Day is always a blouse and jeans.  I rounded up a few of my favorite blouses if you are still looking for the perfect T-Day outfit.  They are all from Shopbop so you can select 2- day shipping and get them by Wednesday!  I own the Free People Blouse in 2 colors.  It is also cute with leggings since it is longer.  I love the colors of the Clover Canyon Blouse as well.
BCBG Blouse | Rebecca Taylor Blouse | Susanna Monoco Peplum | Free People Blouse | Clover Canyon Blouse

tday

A few options under $100.
The Ella Moss Blouse has a gorgeous lace back.  I own the D.ra blouse and it is a great fit. It also comes in ivory which would be gorgeous for the holidays with a fun statement necklace.
Bailey 44 Blouse | D.Ra Blouse | Ella Moss Blouse | ONE Plaid Blouse


TDAY 2

If you need jeans recs these are my two favorite pairs.
Rag and Bone Ripped Skinny jeans | 7 For All Mankind "The Skinny"



Finally the winner of the Minted $125 Giveaway is :
Kristen Betts!
Congrats and I will email you with details!

5 comments:

Ashley @ The Houston House said...

We make something similar here, and it's a big hit! Can't go wrong with sweets for breakfast. Have a good holiday!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!!! I am so excited!!! Thank you so much Natalie & Minted!! I am speechless. This is such a Blessing!! xoxo

Nat said...

I'm drooling over that cinnamon roll casserole! I think I'm adding that to our Christmas brunch menu. Both of those jeans are my favorite.

Unknown said...

I think I'll make that thanksgiving morning. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Looks very yummy !!! Thanks for sharing the recipe !