Monday, November 2, 2015

Scenes From Our Weekend

How is it November 2nd already??  I am already starting to get stressed out thinking about Thanksgiving which we host every year, Frances Moon's Birthday, a fun get away we have planned and Christmas.  We have alot to pack into the next 2 months!

Friday I had a ladies lunch at Xao Bao Biscuit.  I can't tell you how much I love their cabbage pancake.  I had a request to try and make it at home so in the next few weeks I will try it out and report back.
 Friday night we went to a really fun Halloween party at the Yacht Club.
I tried to get get festive with black + white + rust.
This is the Loft Blouse I mentioned last week.  Mine arrived in the mail and I love it.  I am wearing size XS.

It was so nice that Halloween fell on a Saturday this year.  We always go to our good friend's house for a fun party and to trick or treat over there.  This will be our last year though because they are moving to our neighborhood- YAY! 
Frances Moon was a cupcake. I had to basically bribe her to keep her costume on.
Sterling went as a great white shark.  He is shark and ocean obssessed these days.  That is his best friend Oliver as the dinosaur.

The crew minus Daddy who snapped the pics.

I love these pictures of Sterling and his friends.  They are sadly all at different schools this year but pick right back up when they get together!

 I have to share these pictures of my nephews.   Finley went as James Bond and Maxton is a NC State Football player.  They both look so adorable!


Halloween Outfit Details
 

I made one of my favorite and easiest dips for the party. 

Sunday I took the kids to church while Matt worked on staining our pergola. I always like to snap pictures after church because there are so many good locations downtown near our church.

We ended the weekend our favorite way with a golf card ride around the neighborhood.

and we made the best crab cakes!

Happy November and Happy Monday!





7 comments:

Leslie said...

What a great weekend! Everyone looks adorable in their costumes. I also love your new blouse from the Loft.

Annie Reeves said...

They're no where neaaaaar as good as the cabbage pancake from XBB, BUT I just tried the scallion pancakes from Trader Joe's and they're so good! Really easy to pull out of the freezer on nights you don't feel like making something from scratch :) Loved FM's costume – TOO cute!

Annie Reeves

Jillian said...

i love the cupcake costume! so cute. :)

Suzanne said...

The James Bond costume is priceless! Looks like a great Halloween!

Brooke Emilia said...

That cupcake costume is just the cutest thing!

- Brooke :: http://www.brookeashlinblog.com

Emily {Luscious Life & Decor} said...

Those crab cakes look so good and the holding hands is just too sweet!

Haley Marozas said...

Could you post your recipe for the crab cakes? Or point me to the post if you already have shared? They look so good.