Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Pumpkin Tart with Whipped Cream and Almond Toffee + Gigi Discount Code + Mara Sale


Happy Wednesday!!
Here's a little secret. I am not a huge fan of pumpkin pie, pecan pie or any other common Thanksgiving Desserts.  They just are not my favorite,  there are so many other things I would rather eat for dessert.  Last year I was flipping thru my beloved Southern Living and came across this Pumpkin Tart recipe and promptly tore it out and decided it needed to happen for Thanksgiving.  I made it last year and realized I never shared the recipe with you guys.  Perfect timing with Thanksgiving next week if you are still looking for a dessert idea. 
 This tart knocked my socks off.  Every single aspect of it is delicious but the almond toffee and homemade whipped cream take it to another level. I actually doubled the toffee part of the recipe we liked it so much.  I will making it again this year and probably many years to come.   This can be made ahead of time.  I made ours a day ahead last year.
Enjoy!

|| P U M P K I N  T A R T  W I T H   T O F F E E  A L M O N D S ||
via Southern Living
TART
1/2 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts 
3/4 cup granulated sugar 
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice 
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3 cups canned pumpkin 
1/2 cup blackstrap molasses 
6 tablespoons butter, melted 
large eggs 
(12-oz.) can evaporated milk 
ALMOND TOFFEE
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar 
4 tablespoons butter 
1 cup slivered almonds 
Vegetable cooking spray 
Parchment paper
WHIPPED CREAM 
2 1/2 cups heavy cream 
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice 

1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar

Preparation

1. Prepare Tart: Preheat oven to 350°. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch deep-dish tart or quiche pan with removable bottom; press into fluted edges. Whisk together granulated sugar and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together pumpkin and next 2 ingredients in a separate bowl. Whisk pumpkin mixture into sugar mixture. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking until blended after each addition. Whisk in evaporated milk, and pour into crust.
2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
3. Prepare Almond Toffee: Cook brown sugar and 4 Tbsp. butter in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Add almonds, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until golden. Pour mixture onto lightly greased (with cooking spray) parchment paper; cool completely. Break into pieces.
4. Prepare Whipped Cream: Beat cream and 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Top tart with whipped cream; sprinkle with toffee.

........................................................................

I wanted to share that Gigi New York has graciously offered 20% off their site til Sunday with code NATALIE20. This is a great time to buy Christmas Gifts or a treat for yourself if you are looking for a new purse:)

The code can be used on the two purses I helped to design and anything else on the site!

A few other favorites from the new Fall line!
I also wanted to share this Mara Hoffman Sweater.  It is now 57% off (thanks to Kris for heads on he cheaper find I re-linked the sweater)
It is one size fits all.  I wear mine paired with skinny jeans and black leggings.  I love the bright colors and bottom fringe.


These two Mara dresses were just reduced too.   I always love a good Mara printed dress.


This blouse is also 50% off.  I have a dress in the same print and love it.
Blouse


I am off to plan the rest of our Thanksgiving menu and party prep for Frances Moon's second birthday!  Lots of fun stuff coming up.





7 comments:

Christina said...

anything with toffee. anything!!

Anonymous said...

The Mara Hoffman sweater is sold out on your link but Nordstrom Rack has it for $99!

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

That dessert looks SO SO good!!

Traci said...

I just ordered the Mara Hoffman sweater! Hope it looks as cute on me as it does on you!

Gracie Johnston said...

That pie looks amazing - toffee is seriously addicting!

Taylor said...

I am also NOT a fan of traditional Thanksgiving desserts... I try to like them every year and just don't. This looks amazing - I love toffee anything!!

www.itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

kgunn said...

I never love traditional Thanksgiving desserts either! Do you think I can use original molasses instead of blackstrap? Also, did you prepare the whole tart the day ahead or bake the tart a day ahead and add the whipped cream and toffee on Thankagiving? Thank you!