Monday, July 7, 2014

Life Lately

Did everyone have a fabulous 4th of July?  We definitely did.  We worked hard on our screen porch/patio area that we are trying to spruce up but had some fun on the side too.

I headed to Charlotte last week to celebrate my Dad's birthday and hit up Ikea to get some goodies for our porch.  Ikea with two kids was not a good idea, even with my mom with us we were totally overwhelmed.  I did manage to find everything on my list.



I found these awesome pots on clearance at Homegoods in Charlotte.   Normally I would have passed them over because they were blue and yellow but my mom talked me into buying them and spray painting them because they were so cheap.  I am so glad she did because they turned out awesome!  I used Rustoleam in a natural stone color, it is perfect for pots.

 After two coats of paint we planted some plants in them.  It is my goal to keep these plants alive.  I usually kill everything I plant but I am on a mission this time- I even bought plant food.


While we were in Charlotte I hit up one of my favorite stores Scout and Mollys.  I grabbed this Pink Stitch dress in bright turquoise. You might remember I blogged about my navy one awhile back, such a great dress for a great price.  I loved the coral I am wearing but it was a touch too tight, they didn't have my size.  Stop in if you are in Charlotte! Frances is always a great shopping buddy.  I wear a 4 for those curious about sizing.

and I just found out it comes in this leopard print version, you know I need this!


One of my favorite places to eat while I am home in Charlotte is Wolfgang Puck's Pizza place at Phillips Place.  I love the pizza there.  The crust is so light and amazing.  We shared a kale salad and the goat cheese pesto pizza and the spicy chicken pizza.  All was amazing.


Frances loved the crust.  My girl loves to eat.


Friday and Saturday my sweet Dad worked all day laying tile on our screen porch.  I will show some before and after pictures when I am done with everything.  The tile was the first step and we got it knocked out this weekend.  It amazes me how my Dad knows how to do everything.  He made this seem so easy.


I got down with the pressure washer while Dad worked on the porch.  We had no idea how dirty our patio and driveway were til we pressure washed them.  That thing works wonders.


Friday we took a break to head to the Yacht Club with some friends to hang out and watch the fireworks for the 4th.



Saturday we cooked dinner for my parents as a thank you for all the hard work they did over the weekend.  I was so excited to get showered and dressed after being in workout clothes with no make-up and covered in dirt all weekend!



My appetizer spread for the parents.
And yes that is a pesky fly on the cheese, we quickly moved in the bugs were so annoying.  All washed down with our favorite tequila.


 A sneak peek of the tile my Dad put down.  I could not be more thrilled with the results.  I wanted it to look like slate and I think it really does!


Don't miss the new Piperlime sale.  You can take additional 30% off all sale merchandise for the next two days!  Use code EXTRASALE!











Happy Monday! 



25 comments:

Annie {flourishinfertility.com} said...

Looks like a fabulous few weeks! I can't wait to see the new tile! xo

megan said...

Can't wait to see your patio when it's complete! The tile looks awesome, and so do your planters that you spray painted. I never would have thought to do that either.

caycee said...

Can not wait to see this porch!! Your dad rocks!!!

Jillian said...

fun! I'm excited to see your porch! xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a Capri Blue Candle Giveaway! cornflake dreams 

Unknown said...

What a fun little weekend...I can't wait to see your screened in porch! I love the new tile, it looks similar to what we have in our kitchen!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a busy week/weekend! I love the tile on your porch, can't wait to see the final result!


xo,L
simplylowcountry.com

KatiePerk said...

You were busy! Looking forward to your porch reveal. Perk is pressure washing our house this week. It is amazing how it changes the look of things.

Val said...

Baby girl is eating pizza crust, love that soooo much. Girl after my own heart. You had a busy 4th. I can't wait to see the finished porch.

Baby Shopaholic said...

Glad you had a great holiday! Sounds like you got a lot done.

204 Park said...

I love your Ikea pots and that new pink dress - looking good, girl! Xo S

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Cute pictures!!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Those pizzas look so good!! Looking forward to seeing the porch!

Meg ~ Chasing Pink Fireflies said...

We just moved to Charlotte so I'll have to try out that pizza place and make a visit to that store! The tile looks AMAZING!! Can't wait to see the rest!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see more details of the porch including the name of that tile. It's perfection!

Leslie said...

That tile looks great! Even though you all worked hard, it looks like you had a wonderful Fourth!

Eva @ All Books Considered said...

Where is the turquoise necklace you wore with the red dress from? Love the color combo!!

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

Looks like an awesome weekend! Can't wait to see the porch - the tile looks amazing.

bluehydrangea said...

Natalie,
You look so cute in your Rag and Bone tank! Every time you post it I think about ordering one but I was wondering if it's hot. I live right up the coast from you in Wilmington and it can get so stinking hot here in the summer!! Thanks! Sissy

Anonymous said...

We are getting an IKEA in Kansas City this Fall and I can't wait! Excited to see the porch.

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

Can't wait to see the patio!

Christina said...

you have such beautiful skin! i just went to ikea yesterday. it is overwhelming but so fun! that pizza looks awesome. so awesome. miss your pretty self!

Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com said...

Looks like you had fun! Yah for dad he rocks! Love you doing some DIY with those planters!!

Unknown said...

Your family is adorable : )

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Looks like the perfect mix of work and play! Can't wait to see more of the porch progress!

Unknown said...

I need to remember not to pass by good finds that are so easily turned into something cute. It's so much fun reading peeks into your life and what a great quote at the end, thanks!