Friday, July 11, 2014

7 Lunch Ideas + Nordstrom Early Access Sale

I always love to see what others eat for meals, so I thought I would share a few of my go-to lunches. Would love to hear any of your favorites!

ONE\\ Turkey Avocado Rolls
I use provolone cheese + Turkey + whole grain mustard + avocado and it is so good.


This is the salad pictured above.  It s my favorite kale salad.  Instead of homemade breadcrumbs I use whole wheat panko and Parmesan cheese.  This saves well for days. 


THREE \\ Avocado Toast
This is a new lunch favorite.  I layer hummus if I have it, although it is still good without hummus.  Then smashed avocado with lemon juice and salt and pepper.  Then top with sliced green onions,  cherry tomatoes and red pepper flakes.


This is my most frequent go to lunch.  I crave it and eat it all the time.  


FIVE \\ Veggie Platter
This has been my new lunch as of lately.  I sautee kale with olive oil, salt and balsamic vinegar- the vinegar gives it such a great flavor.  Then I serve that with Greek quinoa (my greek couscous recipe but with quinoa instead of couscous) and hummus and warmed Naan Bread.


SIX \\ Farmers Market Salad
I usually make this with whatever veggies I have left from that week's Farmers market visit.  I toss with olive oil and red wine vingear.  This particular salad is arugula, corn, okra, cherry tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella.


I love this salad so much and the salmon and beans help fill you up.  It is a light and refreshing lunch.


...................................................................................
My favorite white blouse from Rebecca Taylor is on sale.  You can take additional 40% off the sale with code SUMMERSALE
Runs on the large side I am wearing a 2.  I love it paired with white shorts or jeans for an all white look.
 

..................................................................................




If you have a Nordstrom card, you are in luck you get to shop their anniversary sale early!!  There are some great deals, I spent last night browsing to find you all the best things!

First off this Mama Roo Bouncer Seat is amazing.  Trust me you will use it all the time!!  I have never seen these on sale before.  I still use mine with Frances Moon.  I love that it is sleek and compact it doesn't take up much room.

Also awesome for any of you mom's is this Ergo Baby Carrier.  I had the bijorn with Sterling and my sister in law let me borrow and her Ergo and it was so much more comfortable.  The Bijorn killed my back but not the Ergo.  If you have more than one kid a carrier is essential to get errands done.

This Honest Company Bundle is a great deal.  I swear by all their products.  Would be a great gift for a new mom.

All of my favorite Zella workout gear was reduced too.  Scroll thru to see everything.  I swear by these tanks and pants.






And my favorites from the women's sale, some really awesome deals!





Have a great weekend!!

17 comments:

Emily {Luscious Life & Decor} said...

I always make salads for lunch too. I posted a chickpea salad on my blog a few weeks ago that is a favorite, as well as black bean salads. Avocado toast has been a breakfast staple- it's so filling. I will try yours next!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Thanks for those recipes! They all look amazing! I need to try that kale salad - I love kale!!

caycee said...

You make the bomb lunches!! I still wish I could hire you to cook for me ;)

Ally Harding said...

Your lunches always looks so good. Thanks for sharing them! That kale salad is the best. I don't make it enough. I make a Greek salad just like that one and it's my fav too.

Portuguese Prepster said...

Love all your health lunch suggestions, will have to try!

Jillian said...

omg YUM all that food is making me hungry! have a great weekend! xo jillian - cornflake dreams 

Jillian said...

omg YUM all that food is making me hungry! have a great weekend! xo jillian - cornflake dreams 

Julia Ryan said...

You really do have the BEST lunches friend!

Unknown said...

I make those provolone/turkey roll ups ALL the time! So delicious! Heading to Southpark today and hoping to score some things at the Nordstrom sale! XO

204 Park said...

Those lunches look amazing, and so fresh! I'm going to look in to the bouncer - thanks for the tip! XO, S

Melissa W. said...

Oh I love you! I love your salad ideas! Xo

Jenny @ jennycollier.com said...

Those lunch options look absolutely amazing. Must try the turkey & avocado rolls. And that greek salad is a must as well!

Ali said...

Love the recipes Natalie! Been making the quiche, korean beef bowls, and meat balls several times a month and they are such a hit in my home!

megan said...

My lunches never look that amazing! But you're definitely inspiring me to try! :)

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Avocado toast is one of my go-to's, well I guess it's everyones ;) Love that white shirt!

iopcatg said...

Cannot wait to try the turkey rolls!

SOOOO excited about the Nordstrom sale! Last year, I came away with a boiled wool Vince coat and Stuart Weitzman over the knee boots at such a great discount!!

XOXO, Catherine
http://www.laviebythesea.com

Mae Tyler said...

I can hardly choose among those five. They all look yummy! But I do want to try out the Turkey Avocado Rolls. Just the pairing up of avocado and turkey makes me think how great it would taste. Plus, the creaminess of provolone cheese is quite an added bonus! Cheers!

Mae Tyler @ St. Andrew Poultry