Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Bacon Corn Dip


I am a dip lover.  Well really I am an appetizer lover.  I would be so happy with a spread of good appetizers and wine and no real meal.  With the holiday season fast approaching and football in full swing it is always good to have some delicious appetizer ideas.  The past few weeks I have gotten an abundance of corn in my CSA Basket- I am talking like 6 ears a week so I was trying to get creative how to use them up. Enter this corn dip.  It is cheesy and filled with bacon you can't ask for much more in a dip.  Easy to make ahead and just reheat before you serve it.  I served ours with Tortilla chips but you could do another type of chip if you prefer.  Try not and eat spoonfuls of this, I dare you!
Enjoy!



|| B A C O N   C O R N  D I P ||
adapted via Damn Delicious

Ingredients
  • 5-6 slices bacon, diced ( I used a mix of Prosciutto and bacon because I had it on hand)
  • 3 cups corn kernels (I used fresh corn that I roasted in the oven about 30 mins, you can also use frozen or canned)
  • 1 small white onion diced
  • 1/4 cup diced orange or red bell pepper
  • 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced, 
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 3 green onions, thinly sliced 
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • dash of hot sauce we used homemade Habanero hot sauce but any hot sauce will give this an extra kick
  • Tortilla chips for serving
 
Instructions
  • Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and prosciutto and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.  Leave some of the extra drippings  to cook veggies in.
  • Add corn, onion, bell pepper and jalapeño to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese and milk until well combined, about 2-3 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
  • Stir in green onions, half the bacon,  and garlic salt, season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Add in hot sauce
  • Serve immediately, sprinkled with extra bacon




8 comments:

Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com said...

This was AMAZING!

Nat said...

Yum!! I'm an appetizer and wine girl too I don't need an actual meal for dinner

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

Yum!! I'm gonna need to save this one. Looks delish!

Unknown said...

This reminds of my bacon + corn casserole which is insanely delicious...this dip can only be perfection! Yummy!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I make a lot of your dips!! This one looks amazing too.

Unknown said...

Corn dips are always my favorites!! This looks delicious. I don't think I have ever roasted corn in the oven! That's so easy and genius. I will definitely do that next time.

Nickie said...

Oh dear me....I'm making a double serving of this asap. Maybe this weekend!! Looks great!!

Life is Sweet : The McClain Family said...

Can not wait to try this and I am such an appetizer junkie too. So glad you posted!