Monday, October 27, 2014

Scenes From Our Weekend

Did everyone have a great weekend?  We certainly did!  It was pretty busy but with fun plans!

We started the weekend off early on Thursday with happy hour at the Yacht Club.  Caught a gorgeous sunset.  Sterling has been all about wearing his witch hat everywhere!!


I hit up Old  Navy on Friday and found the most adorable stuff for Frances Moon and all on sale!


Friday night I whipped up some awesome Barbacoa Beef Tacos in the Crock Pot- recipe coming this week!  I love using my Crock Pot in the Fall.


Saturday morning we had Sterling's last soccer game.  I am sad the season is over, I loved his team and his coach was so awesome.  He got his first trophy and was so proud.




Saturday afternoon we headed to Sterling's friend Andrew's birthday.  
Frances Moon had quite the time with the corn hole table.


We turned our leftover beef into the most delicious nachos ever for dinner that night.


My jacket I ordered from Banana Republic about two months ago came and I love it!!  Such a great jacket for the price- stay tuned for a fun outfit post tomorrow, little sneak peek below.
 We found a cool area with graffiti to take some pictures.  Such a true art!


Sunday we cooked a feast for breakfast.  I will be eating clean today after all I indulged in this weekend!


I felt like such an adult because I bought I some major appliances this week- a new washer and dryer and fridge and they both were delivered Friday.  Words can't explain how excited I am about this fridge and all the space it has.  The snack drawer sold me for the kids.  and please note it is already covered in fingerprints after just being delivered, the kids were all over it.  Next up I am having some built ins done around the fridge hopefully before Thanksgiving!


Happy Monday.












14 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

LOVED getting a new fridge when we bought our house. It's so nice! And good luck with the fingerprints, they're always all over mine. There is a special stainless steel wipes box you can buy that helps a lot! Its like clorox wipes but for stainless steel appliances. Works magic!

East Coast Chic {Natalie} said...

Way to go Sterling! He looks so proud. I love that BR coat- I need to check it out. Love your new fridge- new appliances are the best.

E Hayes said...

Was going to piggy back on Julia's comment about the wipes. If you do get those, get the wipes not the spray, they stainless spray always leaves a slippery film on our floor. What i found works amazing is a damp rag with a few drops of lemon essential oil (i know i know, im one of those), but seriously, it doesn't have to be name brand, just a cheap lemon EO. Get's all the fingers prints and gunk off our simple human and other appliances, it was a revelation for me!

Jillian said...

those fox shoes are so cute! im really excited to shop for little girls clothes :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Pink and Fabulous said...

LOVE your new fridge!! It's so crazy how exciting these things get when you're a grown up, but seriously, the snack drawer sounds amazing!!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Loving everything you got for Frances and that BR coat is amazing, you could have tricked me if you said it was from Vince ;)

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

New appliances are the most exciting thing ever! And I am lovin that new coat on you!! I can't get over how good coats are this season... I need to dwindle down my 'want' list so I can actually buy one!

www.XOLindsay.blogspot.com

Latawnieh said...

Where are the tan skinnies from in the first picture, they are so perfect for fall!!

sarahwebbsmith said...

FYI - A friend told me to use regular Pledge to clean my stainless steel appliances and it actually works great! Multitasker!

Sarah

Jennifer said...

I will share with you my amazing secret for stainless steel appliances .............. WD40 ! its takes the finger prints off, and leaves a bit of residue left over so that you can then wipe away any new marks ! works amazing !

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Unknown said...

We are needing to purchase a New Fridge. I would love to know all of what you think of your fridge? I can't decide if I want that extra drawer. Thanks!

Jenny @ jennycollier.com said...

Those tacos look amazing, of course. Wouldn't expect any less from you. Can't wait for that recipe!

Val said...

Is there anything better than a new fridge? Well, maybe beef tacos. YUM. Your babies are the cutest. Growing up so fast.

The Tall Skinny House said...

I've had stainless appliances for a while and I have found the best (and SO cheap) way to clean them is with straight rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth. It works great and is so easy on the wallet. I keep rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle for easy cleaning.:)