Thursday, October 30, 2014

Thoughts For Thursday

Lets dish.

I made a quick trip home to Charlotte this week and stopped in West Elm.  I just love that store.  I wanted to actually look at the chandeliers in person before I bought one and I am so glad I did.  I went with a completely different one than the two I was considering.  The one waterfall one I like most was actually plastic not glass and I didn't like that.  I wanted basically everything in the store, I so wish Charleston would get a West Elm Store.  Such great home and entertaining stuff.


 If you need lighting West Elm is having 20% off all lighting right now.  I went with this Chandelier for my dining room and I hope to install it this weekend!  I would have never considered this one because online it looked so small but it was actually a perfect size in person and the price is incredible. Plus I loved the modern feel of it.  I went with large globe bulbs, not the frosted ones.



 I also snagged this Throw.  It is so gorgeous in person.  All throws are also 20% off.

I stopped in JCrew as well this week, I always love to browse their new arrivals in person.  Loved both of these blouses.  I ended up buying the Tassel Trim Blouse in the black color- it runs on the large side, I am wearing a size 2.  Use code STYLETREAT to get 25% off your purchase.



I also loved it in the Royal Blue Color.  Such a gorgeous blouse and it comes to $75 with the discount.

 I have been using my Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask for almost 2 months now and I have to say it is my favorite mask.  I can really tell a difference in my skin.  I use it about 2-3 times a week for 30 minutes.  It gets really tight while you are wearing it which I love, makes me feel like it is tightening and smoothing my skin.  I highly recommend it and it lasts for awhile I have hardly put a dent in mine, a little goes a long way.

I just downloaded The New Shopaholic book to read.  I always love the books in this series such a light easy read.

I also just picked up my girl Ina's new cookbook, Make It Ahead.  I own all  her cookbooks and they never disappoint, always my favorite go-to cookbooks.  Anyone else notice how good her skin always looks? 


How great does this spin on Avocado Toast look?  It is called Autumn Toast and it is Avocado, Pears, Blue Cheese, and nuts. Yes Please!


Two new wine recs one red, one white both delicious.




My friend Sarah at Social Dress Shop is having a major sale right now to make way for new merchandise. You can take 40% off the entire site with code SALE40.   If you don't own a Pink Stitch Maxi Dress, it is a great time to buy one, it will be like $50 with the discount. I love mine.
My favorites:







If you still want a pair of Rag and Bone Newbury Booties, this style was just marked down on Shopbop.  I love the gray color.


and this quote, its just so true.




10 comments:

caycee said...

Love it all!! Now hurry home because I miss you!! And I can not wait to see the light in your dining room!!

East Coast Chic {Natalie} said...

That avocado toast looks so good! Love the light you picked.

Liz said...

hey lady! what size do you wear in those dresses? i need to order myself one. happy halloween! thanks xoxo

KatiePerk said...

I have that new Ina book on my wishlist. Glad it is good! I have never been in a West Elm! Only catalog shopped!

Unknown said...

HI Natalie, Where did you get that gorgeous rug that is in the background of so many of your pics, like the wine rec pic above?? The oriental rug? I think it's so hard to find a good oriental rug!
Thanks!! Carey

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Oh that avocado toast looks amazing, and I seriously need to try Tata Harper products!

Jillian said...

i used to go to west elm allll the time in chicago! i really wish they would open one up in charleston. that toast looks amazing! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Meredith said...

I have that JCrew blouse in black too. I love it, AND the best part is it can be washed in the washing machine!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I love that JCrew blouse. I want that Ina cookbook! That toast looks amazing.

melinda said...

The light fixture is great ! That is just like the one I recommended !!