Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Spiralizer + Recipes and Other Kitchen Gadgets I Love


You might remember a few months ago I posted about trying to decide between the hand held spiralizer and the Paderno.  Well I decided to pay a little more and go with the Paderno and I could not be happier.  This little gadget has changed my life, trust me you need one.  The possibilities are endless and I swear when you are eating the veggie noodles it feels like you are eating real pasta. 

The main complaint people had with the Paderno was storing it and cleaning it.  Cleaning it is a breeze to me and you can even put the parts in the dishwasher.  It is a bit big, I keep mine in a basket in my kitchen with the blades in a locked drawer (my kids will get their hands on anything not put up)! 

I have the three blade version, but apparently they have a 4 blade version as well and it is only $10 more.  Use code SHIP4FREE to get free shipping on orders over $49.



I wanted to share two really simple recipes I made recently. One is using raw veggies and one is slightly cooked.  The possibilities are endless.

Z u c c h i n i   S a l a d 

Cut 2 Zucchinis using the 3mm blade.  Whisk together olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, champagne vinegar and salt and pepper.  Toss noodles with this dressing and add crumbled feta and fresh cherry tomatoes.


S w e e t   P o t a t o   S a l a d 


This recipe is thanks to one of my instagram followers.  Cut 1-2 sweet potatoes using the 3mm blade.  Heat olive oil in a pan add in two cloves minced garlic and sweet potatoes.  Cook about 5-10 minutes depending how soft you want the potatoes. I cooked a bit longer to get them a little cripsy, so good!  Season with salt and pepper.  Sprinkle with parsley and fresh grated Parmesan Cheese.  If you want heat add a few red pepper flakes!

I can't wait to make this Slutty No Carb Pasta next.

If you want more recipes you must check out Inspiralized- her blog is only recipes using the Paderno Spiralizer.  It is amazing!!


A few other Kitchen Gadgets I am loving lately:

I use my Mandolin often.  I use it to shred cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and other lettuces.  Also great for thinly sliced cucumber salad.


I used to buy the jarred garlic and I never will again.  Fresh garlic is just so much more flavorful and delicious.  If you don't have a garlic press you need one, it makes mincing garlic a breeze.



I use this often for citrus zest or grated fresh ginger.


This is the perfect grater for Parmesan Cheese.  Regular graters make it too thick and this grates it finely.


I got this stand last year for Christmas and use it all the time.  I frequently use my IPad when cooking so this works great.  You can kind of see it in the first picture on this post.




and these I don't have them but I want them!! 





13 comments:

Ally Harding said...

I was just telling my husband the other day we need to get a spiralizer. I love using spaghetti squash in place of pasta so being able to make other veggies as pasta would be awesome. I got a mandolin for a wedding present but never use it. I think I threw the directions away and I'm not really sure what to do with all the blades! I must get a garlic press now. I too buy the jarred garlic and it has so many preservatives in it and I'm sure it isn't as flavorful as it could be. Great post!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

I need one of those asap! Those dishes look incredible! I love my cookie baller/scooper (used to make cookies, muffins, cupcakes) and hand lemon press!

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

I desperately need a spiralizer!! Anything that'll keep me from eating pasta... Not sure if I could convince the man to switch white pasta for veggie pasta, though! I've always used fresh garlic, but why the garlic press? I just use the back of a knife and crush it... Love gadget posts!!

www.XOLindsay.blogspot.com

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Those spiralizers look so cool, and really help in the eating healthy department. My husband has diabetes so this would be great for him when trying to avoid a lot of carbs.

Unknown said...

ohh i need to get a zester thingy for my garlic! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Oh if I had the space I would love that, I make zucchini "pasta" all the time.

KShaffer said...

I've become addicted to "Against All Grains" http://againstallgrains.com/
She has several amazing recipes that use the spiralizer.

Anonymous said...

Garlic Presses are the absolute best!!!


Xo,L
simplylowcountry.com

Unknown said...

These all look so delicious!! Looks like I need a spiralizer in my life now!

Delta Daisies said...

Now that I'm getting married in a week, I need to add all of these to my registry fast! ha!

Nat{natyouraveragegirl} said...

definitely need that iPad stand for recipes! and mmmm do all those spiraled veggie recipes look bomb!

Emily Satzger said...

I have a spiralizer and I never use it :/! You've inspired me to dig it out and use it, the sweet potato salad sounds delicious. I could not live without our iPad stand, it's one of my favorite kitchen gadgets!

Emily from F Is For Blog

megan said...

I like to put a cucumber in my spiralizer and use that in my Greek salads rather than lettuce! Never would have thought about putting a sweet potato in it, but am definitely going to try that recipe.