Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Asian Kale Salad



My love affair with kale continues.  Butcher and Bee, a local restaurant here in Charleston, makes a kale slaw that is so freaking good. I order a side of it every time I eat there.  This was my attempt to create a similar version and I must say it comes pretty darn close.  They serve theirs with crushed peanuts on top but I didn't have any on hand- so add them if you wish.  This saves well in the fridge for a few days although mine only lasted two days I devoured it.  You could easily sub shredded napa cabbage for the Brussels Sprouts if you prefer.  It makes a delicious lunch served with the Tomato Ricotta Toast I posted Monday.  


Enjoy!


 || A S I A N   K A L E  S A L A D ||

- 1 pound kale. stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 Brussels sprouts halved and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1.5 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- optional crushed peanuts

In a large bowl toss kale together with 1 tablespoon canola  and salt.  Rub in to soften.  Add in Brussels sprouts and toss.  

In a small bowl whisk together garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and tablespoon canola oil.   Pour dressing over greens.  Sprinkle with crushed peanuts if desired.






10 comments:

Ally Harding said...

I've been wanting to recreate their salad too! It's my favorite! Did you know you can buy it from The Daily anytime you want? I'll have to try this recipe!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

This sounds SO good! I love kale too, I'll need to give this a try!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Looks amazing!! So want to try this!

Delta Daisies said...

I cannot wait to try this!

All Dressed Up In Love said...

Yum this looks so good, the tomato toast is making me hungry!!

Unknown said...

Yummy! Loving anything with kale!

Lindsay said...

that looks fabulous!

do you mind sharing the source for your serving plate? i love it!

Val said...

Mouth Watering -

Alicia xoxxo said...

Just went out and bought the ingredients to try this! Thank you for sharing! Looks delicious!

Kristen [Playground Prepster] said...

Your recipes never disappoint!!! Can't wait to try this!!