Friday, May 13, 2011

Miami Recap

What in the world is up with blogger today?? My post from yesterday is gone as is my Miami draft, Ugh I am so annoyed!

Thought I would share a few pictures and a little recap from my Miami Bachelorette Weekend!

Our trip started off with a bang as my sister and I got upgraded to First Class! This is a dream for someone who hates to fly. After a few free beverages I was enjoying the flight!



Thursday night we ate at Rosa Mexicana since it was Cinco De Mayo, and it was awesome. They have a location in NYC too, I highly recommend this place!




The food and the atmosphere were great. Their guacamole was out of this world! They make it fresh at your table, so tasty!




Friday we awoke to a downpour so we headed to the Delano for some lunch and drinks.




Because what else do you do in Miami when it rains but start drinking?



I loved the Delano, it was fabulous. Thanks to my girl Kindra's suggestion we ordered the Kobe Beef Sliders with Truffled fries- amazeballs. We also got the Seafood Cobb salad. Both were excellent!


Friday night we ate at Nuvo restaurant. A little off the beaten path but it was so good. We were able to sit outside which was so nice. Afterwards we headed back to the Delano for a private party.





My future sister-in law (on the left) and her sister. We love them and already feel like they are family!




At this point in the night things got hazy. Don't remember these pics. We ended up partying til 3. Notice the guy in the black shirt behind us, his name was Edwardo and he would not leave me alone. Creepy.





Saturday I woke up feeling horrible. Not even McDonald's made me feel better. I tried to lay out on the beach.




Bad idea, it was so hot that made me feel even more nauseous. So my sister and I made the treck and walked to Dash. I was so disappointed. The store had ugly clothes that looked cheap but were not cheap in price. They even had t-shirts and water bottles with the Kardashian's faces- I mean really? It was totally cheeseball.






After Dash My sis and I headed to the Ganesvoort. Anybody remember the reality show Miami Social? They were always hanging out on the rooftop there so I wanted to go. It did not disappoint. It was so fun and the people watching was priceless. Drunk people in thongs and speedos everywhere! The rooftop was pretty sweet with gorgeous views of the ocean!



This is me enjoying my new favorite drink the Chelsea (Vodka, Champagne, Cucumber and Fresh Mint).




I don't have a ton of pics from Saturday night but we ate at Eden and then all the other girls wanted to see the Ganesvoort so we headed back there. We didn't last nearly as late this night, Friday took it out of us!





It was such a fun trip and I was pretty proud I was able to keep up with girls 6 years younger than me! but I was so happy to get home and see this sweet face!

22 comments:

Amanda Leigh said...

Aww your pup looks just like mine- from the behind at least! ha!
Thats disappointing about Dash, I was hoping to make it to a location one day...
Please share how you got upgraded to first class. My husband and I tried on our Honeymoon and was unsuccessful.

Christina said...

So much fun! I love all your outfits! AH!

Portuguese Prepster said...

Those kobe beef sliders look delicious! I love sliders. Love the pics looks like so much. I've never been to Miami and it's on my to travel to list. Glad to know DASH isn't worth stopping at!

Andee Layne said...

such great pics! and didnt i warn you about DASH :) it was so bad i didnt bother to stop into the new NYC location when i was there in FEB. My hubby and I stayed at the Gansevoort for two months and LIVED at the rooftop lounge! So beautiful and looks like you ladies had an amazing weekend! ox

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

Brandon and I ate at Rosa Mexicano when we were in NYC the other day! We had the queso dip, chicken tortilla pot pie, and a quesadilla ...just split everything. That and the margs were amazing! Looks like you had a great trip!

Baby Shopaholic said...

I love MIA!!! You look so cute!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Looks like you had such a great trip! I love the purple/pink/red print top you're wearing in one of the top pictures!

Taylor said...

Looks like an amazing trip! I'm jealous! Great outfits as usual :)

Jill said...

sounds like a great trip!! I am never lucky enough to get upgraded to first class!!

yes, i totally agree with you about Dash, I was so disappointed when I went. The inventory was plain and boring and 150 for a t shirt, puh lease
I loved Miami social what happened to that show?

Have a great weekend

Katharine @ SouthernBourbonMountains said...

What an amazing trip! So jealous of your fun..I am currently covered in spitup. You look fabulous!

Katie said...

Looks like an amazing trip! That guacamole looked amazing!

Cameron Curran said...

So many highs and lows for me in this post! I love any guac, so I definitely need to try the good stuff! Dash was bad??? I don't know why I just assumed it would have cute stuff!! Also, what happened to Miami Social? That show was fab. I am so glad 'their' rooftop lived up to the hype :)

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I am so annoyed with Blogger!!! But I must say, this fun post made me feel better (c: And no wonder creepy Eduardo wouldn't leave you alone, you looked *hott*. I'm proud of you, too for keeping up with the young bucks...my bedtime is 11...(c: What an amazing trip, but it really is so nice to come home to those that love us best!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a blast!

Erin said...

Looks fab! Can't wait to drink a Chelsea with you in 2 WEEKS!!! And I loved Miami Social!! What happened to it?! I miss the foreign girl that would go on "business meetings" on yachts with old guys and would get mad when her boyfriend (Hardy?) would question her.

lnw said...

Love this post!!! The "Chelsea" sounds delish, I want one right now. I feel like I need to plan a trip to Miami!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Hello hot mama!! You look amazing!!! Your trip looks like it was a lot of fun too! I really want to go to Miami, soon! I have only been once, and it was for a business meeting, so I didnt get to do anything fun! Of course I remember Miami Social! I would love to go to the Gansevoort! I want one of those drinks, they sound delish! Glad you had a great time!!!

Michaela said...

OH my goodness. Such a fun trip, Nat! I love your dresses. I'm so sad Dash was a disappointment. What a let down! Also- I really want first class next time I fly because I don't like flying either!!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Love your green maxi dress. It sounds like you had a really fun weekend! I've been upgraded a half dozen times and it's heavenly! Once was on a super long flight from NYC to San Fran. That was the best. :+)

Courtney@SDB said...

I went to Dash in NYC and felt the same way!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

This post rocks my socks off, love every detail. And you my dear look HOT! Love those printed dresses. Not surprised in the least to hear that about Dash. And I had dinner at Rosa during a trip to NYC last year, so good!

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

How fun! Love the Delano:) And Edwardo needs to step back!!