Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Strawberry Bread


This bread is a staple in our house. We all love it and honestly we usually eat a loaf in a day. If you love strawberries you will absolutely be smitten with this delish bread. Enjoy!








STRAWBERRY BREAD

-2 CUPS ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
-1 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
-1 TEASPOON SALT
-1 TABLESPOON GROUND CINNAMON
-2 CUPS SUGAR
-4 EGGS BEATEN
-1 1/4 CUP VEGETABLE OIL
-2 CUPS THAWED SLICED FROZEN STRAWBERRIES
-1 1/4 CUP PECAN PIECES

Combine dry ingredients. Add eggs, oil, strawberries and pecans. Stir until ingredients are just moistened.

Spoon batter into 2 well greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pans 5 minutes, them remove to wire rack to cool.

**If you don't want 2 loafs you can also make 4 mini loafs. Bake the mini-loafs at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. This bread freezes wonderfully as well.**

19 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Score. I shall add this to my strawberry list!! This looks really good! Thanks for sharing. Now I can use up some more of my berries!

Unknown said...

This looks delish! Can't wait to try it!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

YUM!

Jill said...

perfect, I just bought a huge container of strawberries!!

Thanks

Baby Shopaholic said...

LOVE Strawberry bread! Wish you could send me some!

megan said...

Ooh I have all of these ingredients! I made banana bread last week and it was yummy! Wonder if it would be good to to strawberry & banana bread??

Christina said...

ummm YUM

natasha {schue love} said...

Ooo I love the idea of strawberry bread!! Yum-O!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Oh yummmmm!!!! This looks amazing!!! If I give you my address will you just send me some!? :)

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

I would have zero self control if this bread were in my house! I've been known to eat all the pumpkin bread in one day...strawberry would be just as dangerous!

But this recipe looks amazing...def going to try it!

H.G. The Countess said...

I haven't had strawberry bread since I was a teenager-- thanks for posting!

Balancing Lisa said...

yummy!! I've never had strawberry bread before! looks amazing!

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Portuguese Prepster said...

this sounds so yummy!!! i'l have to try making it!

Michaela said...

I would love to try this deliciousness! Strawberries are my favorite. And so is bread. Awesome (:

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Girl, I am going to have start skipping any posts related to food because I have to try *ALL* of them! (c: Naw, you know I would never miss out on fabulous food! Keep it coming...my waistline can take it!!!

Bud and Leo said...

This looks so delish! I love how all of the recipes you post are something classic w/ a twist- like this... love the idea of using strawberries!

Megan said...

I've been on a strawberry kick lately and this is just the perfect recipe to keep it going!!

Anonymous said...

Love the title of your blog - so glad I found it :) Oh yum, this recipe sounds delish! Thanks for sharing it!!

Unknown said...

Just tried the recipe-Love it!