Friday, May 20, 2011

Review Time Part 2

Several people have asked me about GP's new cookbook and Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis DVDS so I thought I would give you my opinions!

GP's Cookbook





I have to admit the vinaigrette is the first thing I have actually made from Gwennie's cookbook. I have spent alot of time reading it and looking through it and I think it is a great cookbook. I have several dishes bookmarked to make in the near future: Tuna Burgers, Healthier Blueberry Muffins, Fish Tacos, Gazpacho and Penne Puttanesca to name a few. I think her cookbook offers a wide variety of recipes and I like that. Most do not seem too difficult to make either. I also like that she includes a picture of all the dishes (I am a visual person when it comes to cookbooks, I like to see the finished product before I attempt it). If you love to cook you will love her cookbook.

Tracey Anderson Metamorphosis Workout DVDS




First, I will say these DVDs are hard as s*$t. I typically dread my workout everyday. But I feel like a million bucks afterwards. The dance cardio part definitely gets monotonous and boring since you never switch it up. The body sculpt DVDs don't get too boring because you switch them up every 10 days. Tracey recommends you do both DVDs 6 times a week. I do not do that, I shoot for 4-5 times a week and if I am especially burned out I will do her Mat DVD instead. I don't follow her plan exactly but I still have seen results

10 days in (I am actually on day 15 and measure again in 5 days), I have lost 1 inch off my hips and waist. I have not lost any weight but I will take the inches! I feel like I am way more toned in my arms and legs and my flat pancake butt is starting to get lifted. I do not follow her diet plan, I eat what I want and lets be real I have a glass of wine most nights (Tracey does not approve of alcohol a big no-no in my book). I totally recommend these DVDs. If you have the time and patience to do them, they work. I can only imagine the results if you followed her eating plan and did them 6 days a week!



Also I found some new workout tanks I love at Target.




God Bless Target and their workout clothes section! That is pretty much the only place I buy workout gear. You can't beat the prices. These tanks are ribbed and have built-in bras and they fit really nicely. Normally I find that workout tops are too fitted and they accentuate the fat bulge (aka muffin top) over my pants. Not these, and they are only $12.99. Loves.

24 comments:

Liz said...

I have definitely been eyeing the Tracey Anderson DVD set - thanks for the review. Just curious as a mom; when do you find the time to work out with a wee one?

Unknown said...

I love Gwyneth's cookbook as well. And you are looking great! I hurt my back and can't wait to start working out again.

Jill said...

you look awesome!! i need to get some of those tanks. Have a great weekend:)

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Smokin' Hot! I missed you last night.

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I definitely need to try both!

Sassy In The South said...

I saw those tanks and knew I would love them but didn't purchase any. I will have to go back and get some soon. I've also been wondering about Tracy Anderson's dvd's - so thanks for the review! Great post!

Joanna said...

Which centric did you end up getting? I'm already into the continuity program since I completed the 90 days already :) you look great girl!

Unknown said...

I have heard such great things about her cookbook. I might look into getting it. And yes, gotta love Target. I am there at least once a week if not more. This week was a twice a week Target run. I can not get enough!

Carly Messmer said...

I was checking of GP's cookbook at Barnes and Noble last night and couldn't decide whether to get it or not. This review pushed me over the edge to yes. Thanks!

Portuguese Prepster said...

I just purchased her cookbook and love it-so many of the recipes look easy and delicious!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

You look so good. You're inspiring me to workout!

Melissa said...

Great post Natalie!

Christina said...

I buy the majority of my workout clothes at Target. They really are good quality and not expensive. And cute! I picked up that book last night when I was in Target, and I think I might ask for it for my birthday! :)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Your arms are so sculpted--good work! I love Target sports bras--workout tanks have never really worked for me though!

natasha {schue love} said...

I can't wait to try more recipes in Gwyn's book too! And that workout sounds awesome...hubs and I were just talking about new ways to kick up the workout...this looks excellent! Hope you have a great weekend!! :)

H.G. The Countess said...

a) you must make the cacio e pepe from GP's book. It is simple and one of my fave meals, and I bet your son will love too, like gourmet mac n cheese.

b) I do similar workouts to TA here in NYC called Physique 57. You will keep losing inches, but maybe no weight. I've actually gained muscle weight but went down a size. I think these are the best types of workouts, glad to know the DVDs work too if I ever can't get to a studio.

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Fat buldge??? That is a joke right? We both know you don't have one of those!!! (c: I will take inches over pounds any day, as well! I might have to check this lady out! Happy Weekend, loves!

Michaela said...

Love the work out top! Cute! Workout video=not cute cause I would die! hehe
Happy Friday, girl!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Those DVD's are on my shopping list, just a few more months and off to shopping! Thanks for the review! And yeap, you gotta live Target, I have a couple of nice Nike tops but to be honest there is one tank top that I bought from Target, (very similar to that one) and is one of my favorite ones ;)

Jen said...

I have always loved shopping at Target for workout wear. I have not seen this tank will definitely be on the lookout. Thanks for sharing.

Balancing Lisa said...

Great find on the tanks! I'm going to get me a few of those. And ps, you look smoking!!!

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Hannah said...

Isn't Target amazing!? Love their work-out section, too. Have you seen they have super cute Calypso St. Barth for Target clothes right now? I snagged a few tunics for summer.

I am goingt to have to go check out those DVDs. Sounds like just what I need right now. I'm finished teaching and need a little something to add to my running routine.

Such a fun girls' trip to Miami!! I see some Tibi!!

XO,
Hannah

P.S. Your little boy is adorable!! Love smocking and monogramming.

Megan said...

I just got Gwen's cookbook and can't wait to try the vinaigrette and the healthy cookies! you look fab, btw!!

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

Did you also say you had her post-baby DVD? Let me know how you like it (themunns at gmail) I'm thinking of getting it. I also LOVE Tarjay's workout clothes. The Champion sports bras w/ built in dry fit are great, too.