Sunday, May 1, 2011

Son of a Sailor

This weekend marked Sterling and I's first boat ride of the year. We have been wanting to go out on the boat but I swear our weekends have been so busy there is never time. This weekend was perfect because my sister and her husband were in town so we invited them to join us!

Is it wrong that all I think about when we take the boat out is what snacks and drinks I can bring and what outfit is perfect for a boating day? This trip I went with champagne, pimento cheese, cucumber sandwiches, grapes, and some fried chicken for my man. The perfect boating snack food! I wore a navy maxi dress with my bandeau bikini to try and get some much needed sun before my Miami trip!

Matt grew sailing boats, and while we own a motorboat and not a sailboat, I can already tell it is in Sterling's blood. He is definitely a boat lover like his daddy. He loved steering the boat and helping daddy drive. I couldn't resist sharing a few pictures from our weekend!











11 comments:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I spent many of my weekends from the time I was just a baby on a boat growing up and to this day it is my very favorite thing to do! You look so glamorous on the boat..I usually am a mess and in a tee shirt!

The Southland Life said...

too, too cute!

megan said...

Cute pics! I tried to work on my tan this weekend for a wedding I'm in on May 14th and wound up burnt as hell! Oops.

Sarah said...

Love the first pic! That is one beautiful little man....! Gorgeous weather too!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

So stinking cute. Love that he enjoyed :)

The Mrs. said...

Weekends on the boat are the best! Your little man is too cute!

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

Sterling is such a handsome little tot!

Unknown said...

Cute pics

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Sterling is so cute and I love your dress!

Michaela said...

Aww, he's seriously adorable. Little baby model (:

How fun! I love boats. So glad you guys had a fun time, girl!

katie stevenson said...

You are the perfect first mate! Love your outfit!! I tend to look very windblown and gross, so this is beyond impressive. Sterling looks adorable, and he and H can match in their navy sandals! xx