Thursday, May 26, 2011

Trash to Treasure

A few weeks ago while on a walk with Sterling, I found this baby discarded on the side of the road.


It was pretty ugly and the wood was spilt and broken on one side, but I am a sucker for a chair makeover! I promptly got my car and picked her up for a make-over!

The first step was I had to glue the wood that had spilt. That was pretty easy with some wood glue and a clamp (no pictures because my dad may have done this step for me).

Next a few coats of white gloss spray paint and she was looking good as new. My little helper snuck into this picture:)



I then headed to GDC Home, my favorite place to find fabric. I knew I wanted a navy geometric pattern to go with my navy monogrammed duvet in our guest bedroom.


Here is the finished chair! A real beauty I must say!



This makeover cost less than $20. It was super easy. Just don't go calling me a trash collector because I picked her up on the side of the road! The chair is now proudly sitting in our guest bedroom!

21 comments:

KatiePerk said...

looks awesome! Nice transformation!

Jill said...

amazing!! your new chair is beautiful, well done:)

Kyle said...

I love a good make-over! What fun fabric for the seat. Well done. : )

Tess said...

Wow - that looks awesome. I love the fabric against the white wood. Great find!

Baby Shopaholic said...

Great job! I would have kept rollin.... you have a good eye!

Unknown said...

You are so HGTV right now!

Was the reupholstered seat hard to make?

Sarah said...

Looks so cute! Love the babe in his pj's too...I just found a chair at a resale shop and am currently repairing it, spraying it high gloss black and looking for fabric - thinking geometric or menswear inspired.

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Look at you and your handiness. Looks great! See you in a couple of hours.

natasha {schue love} said...

Genius!!! What a great makeover!!! It looks brand new!! :)

Alicia xoxxo said...

Love it!!! Amazing transformation!!!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Good work--I like it!!

Julie said...

Wow, great find and amazing transformation!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

You know what they say about people who live in glass houses...and I am *SO* guilty of picking up a treasure or two off the roadside (c: Heck we've gotten all sorts of awesome stuff that way...to give you another addage, one man's trash is another man's treasure comes to mind (c:

megan said...

Looks awesome! You are so crafty!

Taylor said...

wow! what an amazing find & great makeover! looks great and I love the fabric you picked out.

Natalie said...

Wow, that's incredible! What a find!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Love it! What a transformation!

Katie said...

Impressive! The chair has such a cool and unique shape, love it!

Balancing Lisa said...

ummm, LOVE! this looks amazing!!!

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

erica said...

Fabulous transformation! This looks absolutely wonderful!

xo

Unknown said...

Do you know the name/brand/designer of the fabric?