Monday, October 4, 2010

Hoarding is Bad

There is a hoarder in my family, my sister. It is so bad she has saved clothes from at least 10 years ago. I was astonished when I went to her house this weekend while I was home at how much junk she had! I told her if she didn't clean up her act I was turning her into the TLC Hoarders Show. So my parents and I vowed to help her get a start on cleaning out her closets. I wish we had taken a before picture, but it totally slipped our minds. However, I think you will get an idea of how bad it was by the amount of stuff we cleaned out. Here are a few pictures of her closet afterwards. This is her business closet, all her work clothes. We switched out all the hangers to the velvet ones, which are awesome. They made it look so much more organized and gave her more room. We still have 3 more closets to go but at least one is done!



and here all are all the bags of clothes we cleaned out from one closet, I think you get the idea of how bad it was. Goodwill got very lucky with this donation!

4 comments:

Miss Southern Prep said...

Wow, she has tons of clothes! The "after" closet looks great-it's so organized!

litzenbure1 said...

Just knowing this girl makes me laugh at this!! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Lookin good...you've inspired me! I'm going out to buy those over-the-door shoe organizers. I never know what to do with my shoes.

Lulu said...

You are a reeeeeally GREAT sister to go over there and help her!!!

I have a terrible time getting rid of things and it's always better to have a sane person there to give the reality check. (take it from a sister who believes that all my old stuff has feelings!!)