Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Zucchini Bread



With fall here (although you wouldn't know it by the temperatures) and summer over, I had an abundance of extra zucchinis left from the farmers market. I was tiring of steamed zucchini, so I thought I would bust out a recipe for one of my favorites treats, zucchini bread. I love all breads, I don't discriminate. I do however try not to make them too often because I can easily eat half a loaf in a day, and my waistline does not appreciate that! This recipe is super easy, it took me like 10 minutes to make and it is so delicious! It is is great by itself, but it is melt in your mouth good when you eat it warm with butter and a touch of honey. Enjoy!

ZUCCHINI BREAD
-2 Eggs
-1 cup sugar
-1/2 cup oil
-1 cup grated unpeeled zucchini
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/8 teaspoon baking powder
-1 1/2 cups flour

Beat eggs, sugar, and oil together. Add zucchini and vanilla. Mix the rest of the dry ingredients together and add to the zucchini mixture until blended. Bake in a greased and sugared loaf pan at 350 degrees for one hour. Sprinkle top with a little sugar.
-

1 comment:

erica said...

wow that bread looks amazing!!!

xo