Every New Year I make the same set of resolutions.
To look like this in a bikini.
To eat more of these.
To do more of this.
To drink less of this.
To use these less.
And to attend here more.
Normally my New Year's Resolutions come with a two week shelf life. This year I hope to make some more long term and realistic resolutions. Here is my list so far:
- To learn to cook homemade fried chicken, biscuits from scratch, whole beef tenderloin, souffle, and beef wellington (my husband's addition to my list). In stark contrast to my past resolutions (to eat more veggies and workout), but I am a southerner I need to learn to cook these things!
- To volunteer my time to help others.
- To worry less about little things. Like always having a clean house, all the laundry being done and toys put away.
- To learn to touch up my own roots. Having blond hair is expensive!
- To give more money to our church.
- To stop buying Sterling clothes, how many outfits does a one year old need?
- To paint an abstract painting. I swear some of the abstract paintings look like a 5 year old did it.
- To get over my fear of flying. I know 99% of it is mental.
- To remember to be thankful each day for my family and all the blessings in my life.
I have strong intentions to fulfill all these resolutions and hopefully blog to you about them! I can not believe 2011 is two days away! What are your resolutions?