Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Broken Resolutions

Every New Year I make the same set of resolutions.

To look like this in a bikini.

To eat more of these.

To do more of this.

To drink less of this.

To use these less.

And to attend here more.

Normally my New Year's Resolutions come with a two week shelf life. This year I hope to make some more long term and realistic resolutions. Here is my list so far:
- To learn to cook homemade fried chicken, biscuits from scratch, whole beef tenderloin, souffle, and beef wellington (my husband's addition to my list). In stark contrast to my past resolutions (to eat more veggies and workout), but I am a southerner I need to learn to cook these things!
- To volunteer my time to help others.
- To worry less about little things. Like always having a clean house, all the laundry being done and toys put away.
- To learn to touch up my own roots. Having blond hair is expensive!
- To give more money to our church.
- To stop buying Sterling clothes, how many outfits does a one year old need?
- To paint an abstract painting. I swear some of the abstract paintings look like a 5 year old did it.
- To get over my fear of flying. I know 99% of it is mental.
- To remember to be thankful each day for my family and all the blessings in my life.

I have strong intentions to fulfill all these resolutions and hopefully blog to you about them! I can not believe 2011 is two days away! What are your resolutions?

9 comments:

Amanda said...

All of your resolutions are SO doable...the only ones I'd struggle with are:

1) touching up my own roots...I'd be so worried that I'd mess it up...let me know what you do!
2) getting over fear of flying...is this possible without meds? If so, please report back! I am TERRIFIED of flying!

erica said...

I am loving your resolution list this year. It's pretty much amazing and very real. I seriously hate flying, and a lot of my friends do hair, but won`t teach me how to do my roots. They make me crazy lol

xo

Alicia xoxxo said...

I love your list! I try not to make New Year's resolutions, because I think we are just setting ourselves up for failure. I just try and do the best that I can and take it one day at a time!

Ruthie {Look Learn Love} said...

I need to get over the flying thing also! I read about an app that helps conquer the fear of flying (search for it, Virgin Atlantic put it out) I love your list of resolutions! Happy New Years!

Michaela said...

Ah! Great list. I love the abstract painting one. I took my mom to the San Francisco Museum of Art and she kept saying, "Well, I could do that!" Haha! I bet not buying new clothes for your little one will be hard...I have trouble not buying clothes for the kids I babysit for...everything is WAY too cute!

Erin said...

Those are definitely attainable resolutions! And talk to Jason about the wellington - he's made it twice and both times it was amazing!

Jen said...

We must think alike because most of these are on my list too!! Funny how they are on your lists year after year ;-)

Happy Thursday Dear! xo

I'm having a perfume giveaway on my blog if you're interested!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I love your resolutions. I wish we could cook together! I love to make all those things.

I can't watch football for very long either. :-)

Nuha said...

Your to cook list is almost the same as mine (and the same for the veggies part haha). I guess it comes with being a southerner! And the one about abstract paintings cracked me up!! Hope you have a wonderful 2011! xoxo