Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Deck The Halls

I can't believe today is December 1! 25 days til Christmas and I really have yet to start Christmas shopping=anxiety! I did however get a head start on decorating for Christmas this past weekend. I would consider my taste in Christmas Decor traditional with a modern twist. I am pretty picky about my Christmas decorations, preferring only a gold and silver palette with hints of green. I thought about adding some red in this year but was afraid I wouldn't like it, so I stayed my path. I don't go overboard decorating, although Matt would probably disagree after helping me bring down the 5 bins out of our attic. I snapped a few pictures of what I have done so far. I still have a few things to put out and I am sure I will switch things around but for now this is it!

Our Tree. Picked her up on Sunday, she is the perfect size and height, we choose well! I still need to get Matt to trim the top a little. Also thinking I might should have put more lights on, I am obsessed with tons of white lights on trees!

Our Tree Skirt. I love, love white so I always knew I wanted a white tree skirt. I had this monogrammed shortly after we got married and I still love it!

A few close ups of our ornaments. I have been collecting them a few years now. I used to just buy the balls in the boxes but now I really enjoy picking out individual ones. I still lean towards the glass ball shape though. My mom and I always go shopping the day after Christmas and scarf up all the ornaments when they are 75% off. Some of the balls on my tree had been $25 and I got them for $2.99!

This is my first year mixing in green ornaments. So far I am digging them.

The table in our entry way. I hung the wreath on the mirror and added the silver stars.


The Buffet in my dining room. I bought the mirrored Christmas trees probably 6 years ago and still really like them.

I also hung another wreath on the mirror above the buffet.

These reindeer are currently sitting around our tv. Not sure if I love them here, but its hard to find a spot for them!

And last but not least my two favorite holiday candles. Voluspa Frosted Pine and The Nest Holiday. They make my house smell fabulous!

And best of all they are both in beautiful containers that look great sitting out while you entertain.

9 comments:

Alicia xoxxo said...

Very pretty! I love the colors you chose! I use red and gold all over our house! And I go shopping with my mom after Christmas to get more decorations at a great sale price! My mom and grandma started buying individual bulbs for me and I love how they are each unique!
I really really like you monogram tree skirt! Great idea!

Balancing Lisa said...

Very pretty! I love your tree!

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Really beautiful!! Can you come decorate our place? :-)

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Your tree looks beautiful! Perfect color combination. I love shopping those after-Christmas sales too. What a great idea to have your tree skirt monogrammed- may have to steal that idea:) Where'd you find the candles? They look really pretty! And is Sterling so attracted to your tv components? Ours is behind a door, but every time I open the door, he zooms right over.

Miss Southern Prep said...

I love your tree! All of your decorations are so classic, I love them!

coolkids said...

love your decor! I have an adorable hat giveaway today. Perfect for your little guy.:) stop by! thecoolkidsblog.com

Renee said...

I love all that christmas decoration! Makes everything feels like home

The Daily Stroll said...

Very classic and very pretty. Love the color palette! :)

erica said...

absolutely love your decorations. Very classical and gorgeous!

xo