Thursday, December 16, 2010

Today was a Good Day

Today I woke up with a pounding headache, most definitely a result of the 3-4 glasses of red wine and few sips of champagne I had at our Girl's annual Christmas Supper Club last night. I thought hmmm today is gonna be a long day. Well Thursday turned out to be a wonderful day.

I started off by meeting my sister in law for lunch at 5 Loaves. One of the most delicious and affordable restaurants here in Charleston. I downed an aleeve with two cokes for my headache. I then enjoyed half of a Turkey Reuben with a mixed greens salad that had roasted potatoes, mushrooms, sunflower seeds and blue cheese. Pure heaven. I will be recreating this salad at home.

Sterling and his beautiful Aunt Britton

After lunch we walked to Sugar, a local bakery here that makes the most decadent sweet treats. I picked up 4 cookies. I told myself that half were for Matt, when I knew in fact I would devour them all, before he even got home from work. I picked out Butterscotch, Ginger Molasses and Sugar with M&M'S (I am eating that one as I type).



Then I headed to our Thursday playgroup where I enjoyed some wine (hangover gone) and we did a gift exchange with the kids. We did another photo-op in all their cute Christmas outfits. Easier said than done, the kids were not happy with all the picture taking!





Later when the hubs got home, we sat out by our fire pit drank a goose (a term we coined for grey goose and lemon juice straight up, our signature drink of choice) and grilled some hot dogs with truffled tator tots. Now I love a gourmet meal but I am also down with dogs and tots. Truffle oil on tator tots is the best thing ever- try it asap if you never have.


To quote Ice T "Today was a good day."

11 comments:

Sweet Southern Prep said...

How fun! Our playgroups are more scattered now, as the kids are getting older, but ours used to be every Friday morning - champagne and mixers were a necessity!

Ugh, I need some wine tonight, but we're out!

I'll definitely have to try truffle oil on tater tots, AND the "goose" sometime! Sounds yummy!

P.S. LOVE that fur vest!

KatiePerk said...

Awesome! I love a good hot dog dinner! I am going to try the goose! Sounds right up my alley!

Pinot after Playdates said...

nothing worse than a hangover with a baby to take care of, and u look fabulous even hungover!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Sounds like a fabulous day. I luv 5 loaves too. And we put truffle oil on our fries with parmesan cheese :)

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Goose- I love it!

Alicia xoxxo said...

It sounded like a good day! I love hot dogs and tots as well! I always put a little truffle oil on our mac and cheese (from the box kind) and it tastes really good! The cocktail sounds really good! I will have to try that! The pics of you and Sterling are precious!

Jill said...

LOve it!! I have my girls Christmas party Sunday night, I am already planning on having a headache on Mon

The Daily Stroll said...

What a fun day! I will definitely have to try the truffle oil on the tots and the drink sounds delish! :)

Balancing Lisa said...

That sounds like a wonderful day! I need to try the trufle oil on my tots asap! ;)

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Michaela said...

Those babies are so darn cute! And that sweets shop is looks sooo yummy. I love the name- Sugar. How fun! Happy weekend, girl!

Amanda said...

It's so hard to realize sometimes that you must force yourself to drink more wine when your hangover is getting the best of you!! The hot dog and tots look amazing!!!