Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Haute Mommies

I am very proud to be a mom and I really pride myself on taking good care of myself. I try to put together stylish outfits, wash my hair a few times a week, workout and eat right. Just because I am a mom doesn't mean I need to be frumpy and unkempt. I gather alot of inspiration from other moms. I just got my January Glamour and Instyle issues in the mail and I was super excited to see Reese Witherspoon and Gwyneth Paltrow on the covers! They are two of my favorite mommies, that I really admire for staying stylish and making family a priority. I have already mentioned my girl crush on Gwennie several times, but I also love me some Reese. I love that she is a southerner, takes her kids to church, likes to cook, dresses stylish and not to mention dates hot guys (poor Jake, he has so downgraded with Taylor Swift). How fabulous does Reese look in her Glamour magazine spread? She makes me kind of want to cut bangs, a bad idea for someone with wavy hair like me but they look so great on her!




Instyle has always been my numero uno magazine of choice. They just went up another notch in my book by featuring my girl, Gwyneth this month. I recently read an article in which Leighton Meester said Gwyneth would show up to film their movie Country Strong with no make-up on and still looked gorgeous. Of course she did, she always looks flawless. I on the other hand would have dark circles, splotchy skin and bad roots! I could only find this one picture from her Instyle shoot, so if you don't already subscribe go pick this issue up! There are many gorgeous pictures of Gwyneth inside and tons of great fashions! What moms inspire you?

10 comments:

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Hands down two of my favorites, too.

Kate (Embarrassment of Riches) said...

Reese and Gwyneth both look amazing! I can't wait to check out the InStyle (I've already read Glamour). I marvel at how chic you are, Natalie! I don't know if I'll ever have kids, but if I do, I aspire to look half as awesome as you do! (Ha, actually, come to think of it - kids or no kids, I'll always aspire to look half as good as you!)

Alicia xoxxo said...

I LOVE Reese! Love her style, her kids are adorable, and she is never caught up in the Hollywood gossip circle! She is so beautiful and always looks great! Do you ever read the People Style magazine? I love it!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I get both of those magazines and was drooling over both of those photo shoots. They are both gorgeous blond mommies. I have an insane crush on Gwyneth. I can't wait to see her new movie Country Strong!!

caycee said...

Reese is a big girl crush of mine, I really love her and Kate Hundson! they are both beautiful mamas, just like my girl Nat!

Mimi said...

Thanks for stopping by! You tease me with this Instyle. I have been stalking the mailman! I recently traded in my frequent flier miles for suscriptions since I'm not going anywhere. Instyle was one of my choices. Hopefully it will come today!

Michaela said...

I've always loved these girls, too. Bot of them have such a classic beauty about them. I read this issue while I was on an airplane and I loved it. Just enough to distract me from taking off (: Not the best flyer over here!
Oh, and I can't wait to see Country Strong!

Balancing Lisa said...

2 of my favorite moms as well! I totally get both magazines at my house! LOVE instyle!!

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Stefanie said...

I also love these ladies! They are always so chic and fashionable. Reese is my style icon and I always lover her haircut.

Christina said...

the 3rd pic looks like britney spears!