Monday, December 27, 2010

Moon Intuition

I have always thought that my mom, my sister, and I had an unusual bond. My sister and I are exactly 2 years apart to the week and my mom is honestly best friend. I don't know what I would do without all our daily talks (10 plus times a day), girl dinners, and clothes sharing. We all always seem to be exactly on the same page. So, I should not have been shocked when we all picked the same Christmas gift for each other. You see, my grandmother (my mom's mom) died 9 years ago. Hard to believe because we all loved her so much and she was fairly young, 74 years old. Her maiden name was Moon, which if I ever have a daughter will be her middle name. Ever since she died we frequently see moons in the back ground of pictures of we take. No rhyme or reason, flash or no flash, they often show up in many family pictures. We like to think it is my grandmother smiling down on us and watching us. The day I checked into the hospital to have Sterling, they gave me a gown that had moons on it, so I knew my grandmother was there watching. Moons have a very special place in our hearts.

My mom, my sis and I all have the Jennifer Zeuner Initial Necklaces, it was my push present with Sterling's initials.


I knew when JZ came out with some new designs and one was a moon with a ruby (my grandmother's birthstone) it was meant to be for my mom's Christmas gift. Apparently my mom had the same idea because she gave my sister and I the same necklace. How crazy is that?? I guess my grandmother was smiling down on us:)

14 comments:

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

This is such a darling story. Funny how things happen like that.

Unknown said...

what a COOL story, I have goosebumps!

Stefanie said...

I love stories like that! Both necklaces are gorgeous.

Christina said...

ah, your story gave me chills! gorgeous necklaces!

Nikosmommy said...

Our loved ones definitely "stay" with us after they're gone...
The initial's necklace is perfect!

Ruthie {Look Learn Love} said...

wow! I have chills. That is so special that you all thought of each other! I have 5 sisters so I know the bond you're talking about! Beautiful necklace!

Alicia xoxxo said...

I love this story!! Wow!! I have goosebumps!!!! Your grandma is def with you Natalie. I believe that she is looking over you and it is not a coincidence that you find moons all around you!

Mz E said...

*WOW* thats amazing how thayour g-ma presence can be a fulfillment to you...chilling. The neckalaces are beautiful pieces. *smile*
Hope You & yourZ have a Blessed, Safe & Happy New Year!
Stay Blessed..

Balancing Lisa said...

I have goosebumps! This is amazing! You are very blessed to have such a bond. I am very close to my mom and sisters too and now also very close to my mother-in-law and sister-in-law! special girls in your life are the best!

http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for your sweet comment! I seriously love your blog.. your family is SO INCREDIBLY beautiful goodness gracious!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a beautiful coincidence that was!

Erin said...

such a sweet story Nat! xo

Jonell said...

What a chilling story! I'm glad you shared it with us. Thanks! wholesale replica handbags

Melissa W. said...

what an awesome story to share!