Friday, December 3, 2010

Mommy Time

Every Thursday afternoon at 4:00 on the dot, me and my mommy friends get together for a playgroup. We rotate houses each week, but we always have wine (lots of it), snacks, and kids all over the place! It is my saving grace each week. Come Thursday I am usually tired, definitely ready for a glass of wine and so thankful for girl time. It is so nice to drink wine and chat with other mommy friends. By the end of playgroup all the babies are usually crying, the floor is covered in puffs, but we mommies are full of wine and happy!

This week I hosted at my house. I decided since it was December I would go ahead and bust out my Christmas wine glasses. Don't judge, yes I do own two sets of holiday wine glasses and I quite love them!



I made some brie with fig preserves and apples and crackers to go with our wine!

Normally we don't put the kids in matching outfits but we all happened to buy this Shrimp and Grits outfit. We thought it would be so cute to put them all in the matching outfits and snap some pics. How precious are all the babies?


The two boys, Sterling and Carson


Me and my girl Caycee with our boys. We always swear we were sisters in another life we have so much in common. Her son Carson is the sweetest, he is definitely going to be showing Sterling the ropes! He is one year older than Sterling and the best dressed baby I know! Caycee has a wonderful BLOG too, she is the one who inspired me to start mine!



Me and my little man exhausted after a wonderful playgroup!

13 comments:

caycee said...

I love this, and the pictures! Had so much fun yesterday, love mommy time at the Masons always a good time!

Jill said...

I used to have weekly play groups too. I loved them, they were my saving grace when Matthew was a baby. Sadly they grow up!!

Every girl should have Christmas crystal, love it!!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Sterling is sooo cute! He is going to grow up to be a little heartbreaker for sure! ;)

I love your Christmas wine glasses! So fun and festive! I have beautiful Christmas china that I am just waiting for the perfect excuse to break out! But I don't have Christmas wine glasses! May have to add that to my Christmas wish list!

The pics of the kids are super cute! They are all adorable!

Amanda said...

Love the idea of mommy time..I'll remember that for one day when I have kids!! LOVE the Christmas wine glasses!

Christina said...

How cute! I will definitely need that once I'm a mommy. You'll probably be seeing Amanda and I doing this :) And Caycee's blog is so cute! She just commented on mine yesterday.

Virginia Belle said...

This is such a great idea and sounds like a ton of fun! The outfits are the cutest and I love the monogram on Sterling's!

GiGi said...

i will be there next week.
well, maybe not physically, but in wine spirit. i'll toast to you!

Mz E said...

Thats so kewl u are in a playgroup...it seems like the babies have a good time getting to know and play with each other...makes me think of one of ma favorite cartoons, "Rugrats" *smile* Any who, adorable babies, many Blessings to you and your family.
Stay Blessed..

Lauren {whimsy lane} said...

Such a cute idea! I wish I had mommy groups every Thursday! Sounds like a blast!

Julia Ryan said...

So glad you found my blog!

Okay, you're making my 9am coffee playgroup sound a little less enticing. The babies wouldn't care and I think the mommas might have more fun if wine is involved! I'll be trying to add on a 4pm mommy happy hour to the routine, or else just drive down to Charleston and join yours :)

Melissa W. said...

LOVE the Shrimp and Grits clothing! I am super lucky to live 30 minutes from their 'warehouse.' Love your blog!
xoxo
melissa

SoMo Mom said...

GIRL, I SO wish I was your neighbor. However, my kids are now finally in school so I'd just hop on over for the wine & girl talk!! Thanks so much for stopping by SoMo today to celebrate with us. Keep your eyes out for another "Bless Their Hollywood Hearts" post next week (Celeb gossip with a Southern spin) ... we have one coming up — Top 10 Celebs in Rehab in 2010! (Every once in a while busy moms need a guilty pleasure & what is better than some Hollywood smut!) Love your blog!!

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Those babies are darling all dressed up. I've never heard of that site- need to check it out!