Sunday, December 12, 2010

Let the Festivities Begin

We traveled to Charlotte this weekend for an engagement party for my brother Logan and his sweet fiancee Katie. My in-laws kept Sterling over night so we had a baby free evening and morning. It was super weird to sleep in and not wake up to a baby crying, and by sleep in I mean 7:30. I swear my body is so used to waking up early that I physically can't sleep late anymore.
I decided since it was the Holidays I would glam it up in sequined dress I had bought but had no where to wear it to until now!


The party was filled with delicious food, like this amazing sushi! I swear I gained like 5 lbs this weekend between all the booze and food!

And these super cute "K" and "L" Cookies for Logan and Katie.

Matt and my brother ended up wearing pretty much the exact same outfit, it was pretty hilarious

The boys of the family: Brian, Matt, Joey and Logan

All us girls: Kelly, Me, Katie and my sister Taylor

Our moms decided to join us in this picture

The fabulous koozies we had made for the party because what wedding party doesn't have monogrammed koozies!

Hope you all had as great a weekend as we did! I am so excited this is just the start of all the fun wedding parties and not to mention holiday parties! I am hoping my sparkle dress gets worn again this season:)

20 comments:

Erin said...

Love the dress! You looked gorg!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

You AND your dress are absolutely gorgeous. So glad you were able to enjoy a full night out! We had one Friday night. I woke up at 6 am and jumped b/c our video monitor wasn't on- ha!

Pinot after Playdates said...

u look great...love the dress!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! Love the dress! You look fab!!

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

You and your mom are sisters! I'm cracking up b/c my hubby and I went away overnight too this weekend (so hard to leave the baby) and we ate sushi for dinner on Sat. You're my twin:)

Virginia Belle said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love the sequin dress, you look fabulous!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Fun! I love anything and everything that has to do with weddings! You look beautiful and your dress is gorgeous!!! You will def be able to wear it again!

erica said...

Loving the koozie idea wish I would have made those for my wedding. Also your dress is absolutely gorgeous. You look beautiful.

xo

Balancing Lisa said...

What a fun party! Sushi, cookies, and monogrammed koozies?! Amazing!
and you dress is stunning! you look beautiful!

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

KatiePerk said...

What a hot dress! Love it! Great party with lots of sweet details!

Brooke Hall said...

LOVE THE DRESS MAMA!!! Oh, and i LOVE mrs beaver - isn't she awesome?? glad the party was fun - we missed you saturday night!

Cindy said...

La la love your dress!! You looked amazing!

Ruthie {Look Learn Love} said...

You're my hero for leaving the baby for a night, I hope I'll get there at some point. Now if only I had a sparkly dress and yummy sushi waiting for me that night might come sooner then I'm thinking :)

Christina said...

love the dress - it looks gorge!

Michaela said...

Oh my goodness, girl! You look beautiful! The dress is fabulous on you!

coolkids said...

You look fab. Love that dress!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

That dress is fab -- hope you get many more opportunities to wear it this season...looks amazing on you!

GiGi said...

va va voom! lookin' good girl!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Your dress is amazing and you looked so pretty!

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

Gorgeous dress!!