Thursday, February 3, 2011

Consignment Finds

My mom is one of the best shoppers I know. She has the great ability to scour estate sales, consignment stores and thrift stores and find amazing deals. The best part is she knows my taste perfectly and always finds me fabulous things. Last weekend while I was home she gifted me with two great finds from one of her outings.

1) BERRY BOWLS
My mom has a set of these at home and I have always wanted my own! They are tiny bowls in the shape of a flower made specially for your berries in the morning. I love a tiny bowl. I will use these for way more than berries but how cute are they? I think my mom got about 10 bowls for like $5 at an estate sale! They are truly vintage which makes me love them even more!




2) CERAMIC OWL
I love owls. I have a great owl lamp in Sterling's nursery that is one of my favorite pieces. I was beyond excited when I saw this owl my mom bought for me. Technically it can be used as a vase because the top is open but I will probably just use it for decor. I think my mom found this for like $20 at a consignment store.


Moral of the story, you can find amazing things at consignment stores and estate sales! Oh, and can you tell I love white accessories? I can't ever have too many white items in my house!

22 comments:

Ruthie {Look Learn Love} said...

Those bowls are an amazing find! It's so exciting that she found them at an estate sale, I bet they would have so much to say if they could talk :) Happy Thursday!

Tess said...

Love all white ceramic pieces but that owl is to die for! GREAT find!

Jill said...

what a nice mom!! I totally agree, if you have the patience you can find amazing things

KatiePerk said...

Love both pieces! I love a good bargain even more! Well done Mom!

Carly Messmer said...

I need to be better about shopping at consignment stores. You can find many great things! Love the owl and bowls!

Dina said...

These are awesome finds, your mom is a great hunter! I love to scour thrift stores weekly and have gotten some great finds, including 2 Longchamps! I am a white accessory girl as well-pineapples, milkglass, ginger jars, you name it!

Christina said...

how do you find estate sales!?

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

wow, i love that owl and i love that price!

Balancing Lisa said...

agreed!!! I love me an estate sale! And as luck would have it, I live in a neighborhood with a lot of older people so estate sales happen all the time!! (especially in the summer).
Those berry bowls are amazing!! I want some!!

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

The Southland Life said...

Gah, don't you love a deal!!???!! When springtime rolls around you must come visit! Actually, we need to plan a trip to St. Simons and go to the Tibi outlet!

Stefanie said...

Those bowls are so cute. You always need pretty bowls.

Jenny Castle Design said...

Love the owl - consignment is the best!!

Natalie said...

You found some great things! How precious is that owl?

Unknown said...

Love your finds! That owl is too cute!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I must have a little love affair going with little bowls lately because I think those berry bowls are my new obsession...the clean white with that adorable shape??? Too good. And $20 for that owl is a great find...I'm seeing them *everywhere* and definitely not for $20!

GiGi said...

sooo cute! maybe i need to send your mom a bff charm as well? you know how i loooove to thrift!

Anonymous said...

Love the bowls and that owl is too cute! xo

Michaela said...

I love white, too. These bowls are darling! I got my mom and dad some bowls like these from Anthro for Christmas. I told them they were ice cream bowls...and my dad laughed saying his ice cream would never fit in that little bowl (:

Erin said...

I see an assortment of sliced lemons and limes to compliment a goose in those white bowls' future!

emily said...

Great finds. Those bowls are so sweet!

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

Great finds...I LOVE the bowls! Were you a Chi Omega? I have a bunch of owl stuff because of that. = )

I've never done consignment shopping, but I recently went to a store a friend told me about and found Kissy Kissy sleepers with the tags still on them for $12, so I can definitely see myself getting addicted!

Unknown said...

I am in love with those bowls and the owl. ughh!!!!