Friday, February 11, 2011

What I'm Drinking + Eating

Happy Friday Loves. I just had to share with you three of my favorite new wines and a fabulous pimento cheese to go with. It's the weekend (finally!) so it is time to indulge! I highly suggest you check these babies out.

St. Francis Chardonnay
This wine is amazing! So smooth and creamy. Retails for about $14.


Dynamite Cabernet
I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this wine, I bought it at a wine sidewalk sale and the vendor really talked me into trying it. It is awesome! A perfect Cab. It retails for about $21 but right now for some reason at the grocery stores (at least here in Charleston) it is on sale for $10.99.


Alamos Malbec
I have been having a love affair with Malbec's lately. This one is very tasty for only $8.99.



Lilly Farms Pimento Cheese



Who doesn't love pimento cheese, well at least what Southerner doesn't love it? This cheese is made nearby in Chester, SC and it is divine. I hate when pimento cheese is too mayonnaisey, it makes the cheese super greasy. This is not. It is the perfect blend of cheese with light sauce. I have been enjoying the "It's a Gouda Day" filled with Gouda, sweet pimentos and hickory smoked bacon. Trust me this pairs perfectly with the wines I mentioned! They also offer two other flavors "The Original" and "South by Southwest." Most of the Piggly Wigglys here are Charleston are carrying this spread so try it asap!

Go stock up and get your wine and cheese on this weekend:)
BTW Check back tomorrow I have a recipe to share!

25 comments:

Town and Country House said...

Thanks for the heads up about the pimiento cheese! I love Palmetto Cheese (from Georgetown),but I will look forward to trying the gouda variety, too. Have a great weekend!

Jenny Castle Design said...

Gouda is the best!! I love a little smoked gouda sliced on apples -- with a glass of wine of course! Cheers!!

Jill said...

The combo for a great weekend, wine and cheese!!!

Have a fun weekend my friend:)

Liz said...

Hey Natalie! I found your blog last week and love it! I also love the Dynamite Cabernet...but up here in Greenville it's $17.99. Just another reason for me to move back to Charleston :)

lizziefitz said...

This post couldn't have come at a better time. My best friend and her family are coming today. Her #1 food request was pimento cheese. I guess I am headed to the Pig. I don't think I have ever stumbled upon a wine sidewalk sale, I need to get out more.We had a case of wine delivered (groupon) and the fed ex lady had to check that I was old enough and not intoxicated, HA! I guess it was a good thing it was only 8:30 am.JK;)

Amanda said...

Must try the Malbec, and will be heading to the Pig asap for the pimiento cheese!! Thanks for sharing!!

Mz E said...

More wines to try! *smile* Just stopping by to say Happy Friday and Stay Blessed..

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

WHAT?! I'm a cheese/pimento cheese FREAK. Why have I not had this gouda version? Must go get this weekend. Thanks for sharing. Yay!

The Southland Life said...

You had me at pimento cheese - oh its sooo good! Do you have try any organic wine or ones with less sulfites - when we honeymooned in Europe I felt like the wine was sooo much better. They kept telling me that it was that European wine has less sulfites, which equals less hangover (yay). Anyway, just wondering, you seem like a fab wine connoisseur!

Carly Messmer said...

When I was in college one of the restaurants I served at had the Alamos Malbec. It was always a favorite!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Thank you for the wine recommendations! I will be having some tonight and needed to stock up first. :-)

Michelle @ Ten June said...

YUM! Don't do this to me while I'm at work. Now I'm craving vino!!!!! ;)

Michaela said...

mmm I love cheese and crackers! Not quite into the wine thing yet though (:

Nicole said...

I, too, have a love affair with malbec...it's lasted about 4 years now...love it! I usually get palmetto pimento cheese but I can't wait to try this kind - yum! Good thing the pig is right down the road from my house! :)

Natalie said...

We're always looking for new, inexpensive wines to try. Thanks for the suggestions, just in time for Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

Girl after my own heart!!! have a wonderful weekend.

Tara said...

We LOVE Malbecs, too! And I want to try that St. Francis Chardonnay. I've heard wonderful things about it! Have a great weekend!

Natalie said...

Me + Pimento Cheese + Wine = Best Dinner Date
I love PC so I must try this brand. Thanks for the tip!

Monogramchick said...

wine and cheese = awesomeness. especially pimento cheese and malbec or cab...both of which i now want to try. i've been loving "educated guess" cab lately.

Hamptontoes said...

I have never heard of pimento cheese, it sounds like I might be missing out on something good in life?! Do they serve it in restaurants? Might I try it when I visit Charleston in June?
I don't think there is a cheese I've met that I didn't like, in fact we just joined an olive oil and cheese club for every other month deliveries!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Oh you are making me miss a nice glass of wine! But I love pimento cheese! I will have to look for this here in VA! I will have to remember the wines you suggested so that I can try it after baby arrives!! It has been so long since I had wine I can't even remember what I like! :)

Tess said...

Heading to the wine store this night and I'm going to keep me eye out for Dynamite. I love a good cab and pimento cheese combo!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Yum, yum, and yum! Hope you have a fantastic valentine's!!!

P.S. I sent off your bowl on Weds...I think you should definitely have it for Valentine's...enjoy!!! (c:

emily said...

Thanks for the tips! I am always looking for new wines (especially Malbecs) to try!

Sarah Hawkins said...

Check out Costco for the Dynamite wine. I believe its around $12.00 a bottle. Enjoy!