Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Sterling


It is hard to believe that this is what I was doing a year ago ago today.
Gettting ready to have my sweet baby boy. This picture is actually from the day before when we headed to the hospital. That is a seriosly forced smile as I had already been in labor for like 12 hours. Please excuse my jazzercise looking outfit. Leggings and that tank top were pretty much all I could fit in at this point.

31 hours later (yes I had an extremely long labor, but it was all worth it) we welcomed Sterling Holton Mason at 9:46 am. He was 8lbs, 4oz and 21.5 inches long.






My life forever changed on that day. I have experienced so many different types of love in my life, but none as strong as the love of my own child. I can't even put into words how incredible my love for Sterling is. He is the light of my life. I love how when I look at him I see a combination of Matt and I. His dark hair and brown eyes are all Matt, but I like to think his nose and mouth are mine. It is truly amazing to me that we created this perfect little baby. I can't imagine my life without Sterling in it.

Sterling, you have made me a stronger and more selfless person. I have learned to put others before my own needs and that has been a welcome change. You have enlightened my life this past year and brought me an immense amount of joy and love. Your laughter is like music to my ears and your smiles melt my heart. And now when I hear you say what sounds like "mom" it literally makes my whole day. You are the sweetest little boy with the most loving personality. You love to give hugs and just lay your head on my lap. You are not so interested in toys but boy do you love walking around and digging through our kitchen cabinets. You are a curious little boy who loves to eat! I know I am biased but you are the most beautiful baby I have ever laid eyes on. That face is going to break many a hearts in a few years! Thank you for making this the best year of my life. I love you to the moon and back again, a million times over. You are a true blessing that I thank God for everyday. I am so proud to be your mom. Happy Birthday sweet boy of mine.




33 comments:

Alicia xoxxo said...

**wiping away tears**
That was such a sweet thing to write to your baby boy. I know how much you love Sterling, and I am happy that you are celebrating is birthday today! He is absolutely adorable!!!
Happy 1st Birthday Sterling!!!!

Julia Ryan said...

oh my gosh, he is PRECIOUS!!! And you had, by far, the skinniest pregnant arms I've ever seen. If you weren't so sweet I would totally hate you ;)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STERLING!!!

Brooke Hall said...

Beautiful letter Natalie....I almost feel like he is law tons twin because we went through everything together!! Happy birthday to sterling and don't forget, don't go getting pregnant again without me!! ;)))

caycee said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful boy! Natalie that was so sweet, and knowing you and the love you have for that sweet boy made it even better!!! So glad that we have you guys in our lives!!!

Tess said...

Happy Birthday to Sterling. What a touching letter. So sweet, I hope you you both have a wonderful day

Jill said...

Happy Birthday little Sterling!! The first birthday is so bitter sweet. I have written letters to all of my children, I don't know when I am going to give it to them, graduation, wedding night, not sure yet but I just had to write them.

Have a fabulous day my friend!!

Unknown said...

What a sweet post- Love it! Happy birthday little man! hope your mom gives you lots of ice cream today:)

Baby Shopaholic said...

Happy Birthday Sterling!

The Southland Life said...

First of all, you are the tiniest pregnant woman I've ever seen!!! Happy Birthday to your little boy - he is adorable!!!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Aw man, this is such a sweet post. He is so so darling. Lilly and I were so smitten with him yesterday :)

Happy Birthday, Sterling. Pat on the back Momma!

lizziefitz said...

Happy Birthday Sterling! He is gorgeous! That letter is a keeper for sure. My daughter's lovie is that A& A frog blanket.

Christina said...

ahhhh! so sweet. i love the pics. he is seriously one of the cutest babies i have ever seen.

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Look at those eyelashes!!! Heartbreaker in the making.

And you're the cutest pregnant girl ever! I was pregnant in every limb of my body, you were just belly!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy!!! I can't believe in less than two months I'll be saying something pretty similar to my little one.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sterling!!! I hope you three have a beautiful day full of love:-)

Nikosmommy said...

Happy b-day to your sweet little man! What a year it's been I'm sure! He is gorgeous!!!!

Natalie said...

This made me tear up, he's so, so sweet! Happy birthday to him!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Scanning through the comments, I'm glad I'm not the only bawl-baby! There really isn't a better way to celebrate this special day than a sweet remembrance of how special the little man is! He is absolutely darling...enjoy every second! Happy, Happy Birthday, Sterling, dear!

Katie said...

Aww Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful thing for Sterling to read someday. He's so sweet!!!! Those lashes!

Michaela said...

Aw! Happy Birthday, Sterling! He's so adorable. You're so blessed to have such a cutie of a son and experience being a mom and what love really is. You're such a great mama and he's so lucky!

megan said...

Happy Birthday to Sterling! He is such a cute little boy! I seriously I hope I look like you when I'm 9 months preg!

Mama L said...

Happy 1st b’day Sterling! The love of a mother always brings a tear to my eye...xo Hey Nat, I made that beef stew! Delish! The hubby had a joygasm when I presented him with his plate!

Balancing Lisa said...

So sweet! Happy B-day Sterling!! What a sweet post!! I feel the same way about my babies, it's so hard to explain to people who are not parents!!

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Megan said...

What a sweet post- happy birthday Sterling!!!

emily said...

Awww, happy birthday Sterling!

Virginia Belle said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet baby boy! This was such a sweet post and I loved looking at all of the pictures from a year ago :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday to your sweet son!! He is beautiful! Love that age. xo

Anonymous said...

happy (belated), sterling!! how adorable is your baby boy?! he looks like SUCH a joy :) this was the most touching post!!!!

xo,
joAnn

The Daily Stroll said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little boy! He has the most adorable, just melt your heart smile! I love newborns but their personalities really start to shine through after their first birthday. As a mom of a boy, get ready for lots of laughter, maybe a little frustration as they get more independent, but the best part is definitely all the hugs and kisses they give because what they say is true - Boys love their Mommies! ;)

GiGi said...

happy happy (belated) birthday little man!
umm, and how cute we're YOU when preggers?
geesh!

Emma (Glitter and Gold) said...

This post made me cry!!!! our little girl is turning 2 in a few weeks and I feel like we were just leaving the hospital with her yesterday. We are having baby #2 in July and if it is a boy we are thinking of naming him "Stirling" as I was born in the town "Stirling" in Scotland
xoxo
E

www.glitterandgoldblog.blogspot.com

Meg Braddy said...

Natalie, I'm reading your blog for the first time and reading your post about Sterling made me cry bc it's exactly how I feel about my Colston. Your blog is fantastic... I love the chair fabric. Fabulous! Keep blogging!