Monday, February 21, 2011

Vanity Chair After

Let me start by saying I am an idiot. By accident when I cleaned the pictures off my camera this weekend for Sterling's birthday I accidentally erased all the before pictures of this chair. I feel so stupid because who really cares about a project if they can't see the before and after pictures. Well, I am going to share the after pictures anyways because this chair turned out so darn cute.

Just use your imagination to picture the chair before. It was brown and had a crusty goldish cushion. It looked like it had been sitting in a storage unit for years.

This project cost less than $15. All I had to buy was white gloss spray paint and half a yard of fabric. I found the fabric here in Charleston at GDC Home. They have a fabulous fabric selection if you live local and ever need fabric. This vanity chair is actually my sisters ( I know, I am such a nice sister to makeover her chair), but I love the fabric so much, I am thinking of re-covering my dining room chairs in it. Thoughts? Good fabric for a dining room?

Here are the After Shots:



I did have a little help stapling the fabric to the chair. Not that I couldn't have done it myself but when Dad is in town you gotta put him to work right??

20 comments:

Lindsey Regan Thorne said...

Oh I love that fabric!! What a great inexpensive project! Looks beautiful!

http://www.lindseyreganthorne.com/

Unknown said...

I have always wanted to do a DIY project like this but always feel like I am going to mess it up. Yours turned out beautifully.

Lauren Caldwell said...

TOO cute! You are SUCH a good sis! :) And I think that fabric would be perfect for a dining room!

Lauren @ tickled.

Bri said...

love GDC... I could furnish my whole house from there if I had oodles of money :)

I hope you and sweet sterling have gone outside to enjoy this weather today!

Lili said...

wow ~ i love that pattern! gorgeous chair!

Jill said...

I love the fabric!! The chair turned out awesome!! I left you something on my blog today:)

Natalie said...

I LOVE it! You did such a great job! That fabric is gorgeous!

Hamptontoes said...

It looks fabulous! What a lucky sister you have and what a wonderful dad you have...the chair became a family project!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

It really did turn out pitch perfect! Seriously lucky sister you have there...(c:

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

I don't need a before picture to know that this chair rocks! Well done.

The Southland Life said...

loooove it!

natasha {schue love} said...

Love this fabric! Love the DIY inspiration...even if Dad helped just a little! :)

Unknown said...

love it and that fabric is so pretty. It is so nice to have a Dad to help out.

Tess said...

Love the fabric. Gray and white happens to be my favorite decorating combo. My living room is lots of grayish/silver and cream, and I love it. I'm sure your dining room would be just as amazing!

Jenny Castle Design said...

Looks great and love dad projects :)

Michaela said...

Silly girl! I love the after shots though. That fabric is great!!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

It looks fantastic. I know...it's funny how much people like before photos...I hate it when I forget to take them. At least you remembered.
Mary Ann

Buy WoW Account said...

Well, if it looked the way you described it before you changed it - you did a great job then! It looks so brand new!

Buy WoW Account

Alicia xoxxo said...

Oh! I like it! Really love the fabric too! Now, can you send your dad over to my house? I have some chairs that could use some work! ;)

Michelle @ Ten June said...

LOVE! The fabric is perfect. Who needs ugly before shots when you've got a rockin after? :)