Monday, July 9, 2012

CopyCat Outfit + Weekend Happenings

Happy Monday Friends.  I hope you had a nice relaxing weekend.  Matt took off the days after the 4th and it was so nice to have him home with us for a few extra days.
 We have now dubbed this weekend,  the weekend where everything we owned broke down.  Here is a short list of things that broke this weekend:  Both cars broke down within 24 hours of each other (seriously we did not leave the house all day Sunday bc we had no working car) , our remote broke (TV watching sucks sans a remote), Sterling broke his Eames Rocker, Front Porch Light, and Kitchen Cabinet door.  We had to just laugh at one point and pray nothing else breaks!  Sigh, and now its Monday. Back to Reality and waiting on estimates on both cars.  Fingers crossed we can afford what comes our way!

Ever since seeing Miranda Kerr in this JCrew top I own I knew I wanted to try and recreate her look.  What I would really like to recreate is her legs- how perfect are they?


Here is my version.  Why I chose to recreate a Victoria's Secret Model's outfit don't ask me- of course she looks way better in her outfit than I do,  but I gave it a try!  She does however have me convinced I love the idea of booties with shorts.  ( I still feel awkward posing solo- who feels comfortable doing this?)

In other news,  we hit up the Farmers Market Saturday and finally tried the Vietnamese food booth.  The tacos were amazing; we totally went back for seconds.  Between Matt and I we demolished 5 tacos.  I highly recommend the pork ones, out of this world good.  I am still dreaming about them!


I have managed to avoid the Jump Castle slide every week at the Farmers Market but this weekend Matt and I gave in and bought the tickets for Sterling to do the slide.  He loved it.  This picture makes me laugh because he was so happy and completely spread eagle.


Made a sweet cheese tray.   I never tire of a cheese tray.   My sister and I stumbled upon the most perfect flavor combo.  Fresh figs drizzled with truffle oil and honey topped with blue cheese.  Make it you won't regret it.


Spotted Dolphins on our family boat ride!


Ended the weekend swinging with my sweets.  He is growing up way too fast!
xoxo

33 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

Yes Yes Yes. Love it all! I really like your copycat outfit! That is genius! And you look fantastic friend, you've got the legs to rock that outfit! I've missed the farmers market the last two weeks. Just too hot for me. I want to make a point to go this weekend though, our eating habits are much better after I've been!

Lala said...

What a great copy of the outfit. I, too, feel odd posing solo. I see Sterling is not afraid of the jumpy slide, and hopefully the fear of the boat passed too. You amaze me with your cheese trays, they look fabulous! Here's to a better week!

Val said...

I like your copycat outfit even better than hers. I have that top too. I love it. All of that food has got me hungry. Cheese platter, yes please.

pretty little things said...

you look great in that recreation look - love the booties!

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Wait, I seriously thought that was a shark. Scary!/So pretty!

Kyle said...

Your copycat outfit is fab! I think you definitely rocked it like Miranda! I just tried sliced figs topped with stilton at a cocktail party. It was delicious. : )

Danielle said...

Great weekend post. We've had those kind of doozy weekends too, when everything breaks/goes wrong. Frustrating! Anyway- though the copycat outfit is not exactly my style, I do think you rocked it very well. In my opinion, your legs look better than Miranda's. Hope the quotes come in nice and low for you!

lizziefitz said...

Thought of you when I saw this;)
http://www.joannehudson.com/english-cheese-platter.html#.T_rUM2t5mK0

Pretty in Pink said...

that top in neon pink and yellow is only 17 dollars now with extra 30% off- i posted about them today :)

viv said...

Loving this copycat outfit!

Leslie said...

I love your copycat outfit! It looks like you had a great weekend. :)

Unknown said...

Love the copycat outfit! And, I have that Target dress in your last pic! Adorable pics!!

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

I think you look better than MK in that outfit!

Portuguese Prepster said...

Omg I'm so sorry everything broke! So annoying! I hate posing solo too...always keeps me from doing ootds. Love your cheese tray skills....I may have to copy you!

Becca | Lowlife Couture said...

LOVE the booties and shorts. Great look!

Megan said...

You definitely have the legs for that outfit! I am jealous of YOUR legs! I had the same taco at the farmer's market! So good!

Hannah said...

Cute creation of the outfit! But, I don't know how you are wearing those boots in the summer. Way too hot to even think about it here. Sorry everything broke this weekend, doesn't it stink when everything happens at once? Xo

Kara said...

you look fabulous in your copy cat outfit! I have never met a cheese platter I didn't like, looks delish :)

megan said...

Wow, what a bad luck weekend. :( Sounds like a day we had last week at work..multiple things broke, including the elevator with one of our staff members inside of it! Your copy cat outfit is super cute!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Your legs are just as great!!

I'm totally going to recreate that cheese tray. I love figs, truffle oil and blue cheese. YUM!

We tried Vietnamese sandwiches awhile ago and they were so spicy and good. I dream about them too.

Anonymous said...

You are rocking that shorts/booties look, you look great! Sorry about your bad luck weekend...boo. Things can only get better :)

Brooke said...

LOVE your copycat outfit - so cute! Your legs are great, but I too, would love Miranda's stems!

Hope you had a great weekend and good luck with the cars!

xo,
Brooke

Bud and Leo said...

I think you show Miranda up in this outfit! So sorry to hear about your weekend of breakdowns...never fun! Kelli

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

You look adorable. What are you talking about. I have that sweater too. Been wanting to do booties and shorts but it's just too freaking hot. too hot for makeup even. Gahhhh. Those tacos look incredible too.

Melissa Blake said...

I love that pink top!!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Haha, yes watching TV without a remote really sucks! We did it for some time yeaaaars ago and it was a pain!
Looove the outfit, I just got very similar booties on the mail yesterday, may have to copy that outfit ;)

Sadie + Stella said...

Your cuteness makes me want to vomit. Honestly. I say that with love. Mwah! Also, I am obsessed with Vietnamese food and this looks to die for!

natasha {schue love} said...

Umm hello! You have killer legs my friend! You totally rocked the look! Love!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Um yeah, you know you're hot when you can recreate a VS model's look and make it look *GOOD*!!! LOVE IT! And how cute is little man enjoying the huge slide??? Too darling (c:

Amy said...

Um I would die for your legs! You look so much better than MK!

Unknown said...

Agree with everyone. . .you make everything look good. I sort of want to hate you for that, but it's not working;) Yikes on the weekend. Boo on the rocker, too. On the bright side, those tacos look scrumptious.

Unknown said...

Umm seriously why are you so adorable? haha I am loving this outfit!

XX,

Dominique

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

You look gorgeous in your copy cat outfit! You are so stylish I want all of your clothes too.