Friday, July 20, 2012

Thoughts For Friday

I think I might be the only person who gains weight in the Summer.  You would think it would be the opposite that I would lose weight in the Summer because I would be eating salads and working out to look good in my bikini.  But alas no, I have been eating and drinking way too much and gained 5lbs.  Doesn't seem like alot but it is in my mind.  I like to hover around a certain weight.   I came across this "sassy water" on pinterest and I have been drinking it like crazy. It says it helps boost weight loss.  Who knows if it is true but I am trying!

{1 liter water, 1 cucumber sliced, 1 lemon sliced, 10-12 mint leaves}

Guess what I have been loving lately?  My chevron blouse from Ann Taylor.  I am kind of shocked I have found two things I love from Ann Taylor.  On a whole I am kind of over chevron.   It is just everywhere and so over played but I do kind of love this blouse!  Especially paired with coral. 


Can we please talk about the OC Housewives Reunion?  Why does this show entertain me so much?  A few thoughts.  Brooks is still super fake to me.  Why everyone else sees this but Vicki baffles me.  I think she was so sad in her marriage to Don that she is just happy to have any attention now.  I will say his teeth looked better- thank you Vicki for fronting that bill.
 I used to really dislike Gretchen but shocker she grew on me this year (still don't love her)  I kind of feel bad her and the whole Slade situation.  He is a super tool though, I feel like he chooses women to date that can support him and pay his debt and I am proud of her for not marrying him til he clears it up (although we will see if that really happens).  Tamara was rude and super mean to Vicki, made me sad when they used to be such good friends.  I did think it was funny when she called Alexis out for not working at the news station anymore.  Heather remains my favorite and I love that Andy asked her how the champers was at the end of the reunion.  Heather was most definitely best dressed with Vicki a close second.  The other's outfits and hair were just tacky and bad.


We are headed on our beach family vacation in August and I am looking for some good books to bring along.  Nothing I love more than laying in the sun and reading a fab book.  I heard Tigers Wife and Paris Wife were good reads, any other standout books?  I need recommendations!


I am convinced I need these Rag and Bone Newbury boots for the fall.  I know it is hot as crap outside but I am already dreaming of fall, my favorite season.  They are expensive, like more than I would ever pay for a shoe but dang it I love them.  Would you pay this much for a bootie?  Indulge me or is the heat just making me crazy?


I know alot of you really liked my green "all hail necklace" from Tuesdays post.  It is sold out right now,  but I found this almost identical version on Baublebar in Orange.  I think the orange would be great to wear for now and into fall.  Best part it is only $32!

I have been obsessed with this salad ever since I saw it on Proud Italian Cook.  How good does this look?  It is not only gorgeous but I bet it tastes amazing.  I think it will be made for our Sunday dinner with all my Farmers Markets goods.  You should check out her blog if you never have, her recipes are pretty ridic.



This is a quote that I truly need to remember,  You see I am a worrier about anything and everything!  This is such a nice reminder that worrying does no good,  something my dad has tried to instill in me for years.  Dad, I am trying to learn to think this way all the time, but it is easier said than done.


41 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

Ok. If you have gained 5 lbs, I do not know where it went to. Do not. You are so teeny. I also have gained weight but that has been due to the move etc. I am back on a plan though! I too am obsessed with OC. I am sorry but that reunion is hilarious and I plan on watching it again at least 2 times. Jesus Jugs. Sorry. But that is funny. I agree with your assessments. Going to be looking into these books also as I will need them for my beach vacay! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm in Pawley's on vacation right now & you better believe I'm gaining & not losing! A great book I recently read was "The American Heiress" by Daisy Goodwin-it would be great for the beach. My philosophy on high-end clothing purchases: only buy on sale, & never buy anything trendy--only things I can wear for years. I am a charter member of Worrywarts Anonymous so I feel ya :)

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Ok, one, I love that color combo, looks great on you. Two, rag & bone is making some cool booties, just added a pair to my wishlst, and I think that's the closest they'll get to me! Third, I'm already on fall mood, favorite season ;) and fourth, that's been my moto for years ;)

Kyle said...

I am just like you in that I feel I gain weight during the summer. I still have five punds left to get back to my pre-baby weight, but there have been so many yummy recipes and drinks to try that I have had a tough time saying no. I am just about to try the Paris Wife. Two of my friends recommended it as aa summer read. LOVE those booties. : )

Alicia xoxxo said...

I gain weight in the summer too! It is so weird! I love the OC wives as well. I thought Heather's face looked a little too Botoxed on the reunion. I like her though. I heard Bitter is the New Black is a good book. Have a fab weekend!

Dina said...

Emily Giffin's new book comes out next week!! Her reads are the best! Love that Italian website, thanks! Have a fun vacay.

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

Just did my book post yesterday. Take a look. http://www.slpreppystyle.com/2012/07/books-books-books.html
I drink lemon water all the time, I've never added cucumber, good idea. I'm over chevron as well. Overplayed lately for sure.

Baby Shopaholic said...

I am kinda over the OC. Well maybe all of them! They keep going in on the same things! I love those boots but I think if you look hard enough you will find some half the price.

megan said...

That salad looks amazing and so fresh. Always love seeing your outfits!

Julia Ryan said...

agreed. Five pounds look FANTASTIC on you! And completely agree on your RHOC assessment! ha!

pretty little things said...

I feel like I gain weight in the summer too! Must be all the bbq's and summer indulgences. But I heard of the sassy water too -- you'll have to update me to let us all know if you think it works!!

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

I know the +5 lb feeling, but I swear it you can't tell on you at all. xx

Georgine said...

Hands down those Rag and Bone booties are the most flatering, high quality, versatile bootie on the market. Trust me! I have looked at them all ;) I can't spend that much on them so I got a pair of booties during Nordstrom's Anniversary that I am really happy with and that will get me through the bootie trend just fine. Look at your fall budget- since you don't have to be in a corporate office, you can probably justify wearing the booties ALL SEASON!! I say go for it- they will make ANY outfit :) XO Cheers to the Freakin Weekend!!

Georgine said...

Hands down those Rag and Bone booties are the most flatering, high quality, versatile bootie on the market. Trust me! I have looked at them all ;) I can't spend that much on them so I got a pair of booties during Nordstrom's Anniversary that I am really happy with and that will get me through the bootie trend just fine. Look at your fall budget- since you don't have to be in a corporate office, you can probably justify wearing the booties ALL SEASON!! I say go for it- they will make ANY outfit :) XO Cheers to the Freakin Weekend!!

Jordan said...

I just finished The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and loved it! Definitely recommend. And that chevron top with the coral shorts? Love!

Sassy said...

You are preaching to the choir about summer weight gain. I just left a comment on someone else's blog bemoaning the same dilemma. I think it's b/c I'm more social in the summer - more patio sittin', porch drinkin', tasty treats to be had, etc.. Plus dresses are much more forgiving than the skinny jeans I squeeze myself into all winter. ;) And exercise is less than appealing when it's already hotter than Hades out there.

My point: you're not alone. :)

Anonymous said...

I read an article recently that weight gain in the summer is normal since retaining fluids is how the body keeps cool. Not fun!

viv said...

You must read the Bronze Horseman trilogy! It's an amazing read and you won't be able to put it down!

Christina said...

I am a worrier too and I have to remind myself that the majority of the time, the stuff I'm worrying about doesn't even happen! Your quote is great too. As for books, have you read The Lost Wife? (So many wife books, what's up with that?) Also, Gone Girl has been great. I'm halfway through and loving it!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I gain weight in the summer too. I'm also up 5 pounds from my ideal weight. It's all the grilled yummy food and cool drinks. :-)

Kerr said...

Wow you were not kidding about proud italian. I want to make everything on there!

Unknown said...

You look great! Love your outfit

Taylor said...

Agree with all of your comments from the OC reunion - it was sooo good. Poor Brianna.... I seriously do not understand how when everyone is saying the same thing about Brooks, they are the ones that are right - not you Vicki! He's such a skeez-ball. love the ann taylor top - you find the best things there! adorable! I'm looking for some new books to start next week as well, I've heard those are great I'll have to look them up! I always like Jennifer Weiner books too and she just came out with a new one as well. Happy weekend :)

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Portuguese Prepster said...

That salad looks delicious!

Jill said...

I just finished Gone Girl and could not put it down, so good.

Heather is by far my favorite "she ate the bow" love her, what was up with Tamara's hair at the reunion, it was god-awful!!

Melissa said...

The Paris wife was good...not a beach read for me (too many people to keep track of). I heard Gone Girl was good.
Obsessed with OC. Watched the part of the reunion again last nite...Vicki will crash & burn soon.

Melissa said...

The Paris wife was good...not a beach read for me (too many people to keep track of). I heard Gone Girl was good.
Obsessed with OC. Watched the part of the reunion again last nite...Vicki will crash & burn soon.

Unknown said...

That water looks delicious! I don't care if it works or not...I think I'm gonna make some!

Sara Jean said...

I definitely gain weight in the summer too! Ugh! I read The Paris Wife and found it to be a bit of a snooze. I highly recommend Gone Girl. I.Could.Not.Put.It.Down. And the movie is being made.

Cherry Blossoms said...

Great quote and that water looks delicious
I am the same way with this maintaining and losing weight during the summer. I have the summer off so I can get in some extra gym classes, start feeling good about myself and boom I go and eat a box of chocolate wafers from Trader Joes. What the hell!! lol

Anonymous said...

I just read Night Road, Firefly Lane and True Colors all by Kristin Hannah and they are all amazing. She is an amazing author.

Melinda {Delighting in Details} said...

I come from a family worriers...not fun :( Totally agree that it is easier said than done, but loved the encouraging quote! Here's to a worry free and relaxing weekend!!!

~Melinda

Unknown said...

girl, you are TINY! I gain weight in the summer for sure. I think I have gained a few lbs back after having the baby. Too much beer and hot dogs!

Bud and Leo said...

I thought Tamra was so mean this season! I am happy for her but she needs to be a little nicer. And OBSESSED w/ Heather! I think I do 'champs' cheers everywhere I go now :)

Jessica said...

I love that top... adorable! And I'm a worrier too so I love that quote. Thanks for sharing! :)

Nat said...

Ohh I need to try that water! I read Gone Girl this summer it was so good and a total page turner. That blouse is too cute esp paired with those shorts.

Unknown said...

I'm going to try that water - it looks so refreshing! Love that necklace too!

Samantha Morris said...

The Paris Wife is phenomenal, especially if you are at all in to the Hemingway era! Be prepared, Hemingway turns out to be a bigger "tool" than Slade, just smarter. haha

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Totally agree about the bad hair at the reunion! :)

Glitterista said...

I adore Heather! I'm so glad she joined the show, as I was getting a little sick of the other women. ;)

Ali said...

I have those booties in the black with wood heel and they are so comfortable
great buy! I got mine with a discount from a shopbop spend a certain amount get...
I suggest you wait and you will definitely find some at least 20% off!