Monday, July 23, 2012

Scenes From Our Weekend

I just realized this is the last week of July! Where has the first half of this year gone?  I feel like the Holidays are going to be upon us before we know it! I started off Friday with a pool date with my favorite ladies and their kids.   Apparently I need to get Sterling a puddle jumper, he was the only kiddo sans a float!


I will say it again but I am obsessed with my Rag and Bone White Skinny Jeans.  They are the perfect white jean and I have tried on many.  This was my outfit from Friday:


Friday night we enjoyed some time near the water.  It was so nice and refreshing.  Always the perfect end to a busy week.



Check out my glass of wine that I ordered Friday at our Yacht Club.  Now that's what I call a healthy pour wine!


I have a new addiction and it is a smoothie every morning.  I usually do bananas and strawberries but I switched it up Saturday with fresh cherries and it was amazing.  I blend:  Approx 1/2 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt, 2 Bananas, 1/2 cup pitted and diced cherries and ice.  This makes enough for 3 smoothies for me, Matt and Sterling. 


Sunday we cooked a down home kind of meal: BBQ Chicken, Butter beans, Okra, and Skillet Corn.


We don't cook chicken often because I am super weird about chicken and the way it is cooked, but I was craving BBQ chicken last night.  I had no idea what kind of BBQ sauce to buy.  I browsed and browsed and 90 percent of all the store brand BBQ sauce's first ingredient was Corn Starch- umm I don't think so, not eating that processed shiz.  After reading labels for 20 mins (I am not kidding) I randomly picked this bottle.  The ingredients were fairly fresh plus I liked the guy on the label.  Well it turned out to be awesome!! Such great flavor we will most def use this sauce again!


I stayed up way too late last night watching the Bachelorette season finale and After The Final Rose.  Reality Steve was right on about her choosing Jef.  I did feel bad for Arie he seemed truly shocked.   I thought it was nice she let him go early,  unlike Ashley last season who let Ben get down on one knee and propose when she knew she wanted JP- so rude and humiliating.  Jef really grew on me this season and his hair finally got a little better towards the end.  He seems like a very respectable guy hard to believe he is only 25.  I hope they last but I am not counting on it.  Lastly, I have to admit I did not like Emily's final dress at all- did y'all?



Neiman Marcus just started their Last Call Sale.  All sale items you get an additional 25% off.   That means almost 70% off regular prices!  There are some seriously good deals online so check it out!


Get to shopping and Happy Monday!

24 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

I've been on a huge BBQ chicken craze this summer! And I love your outfit, white and nude is my favorite summer combo!

Sadie + Stella said...

I love that nude top also! Second Julia's comment. You look fabulous!

Alicia xoxxo said...

love your outfit! you look gorge as always! your dinner looked amazing and now i am hungry! i wasn't crazy about emilys proposal dress. but i did lover the dress she wore on her date with arie! and I not believe july is almost over! and owen is 1! where has time gone?

just ask beth said...

Love Stubbs! Also, Sticky fingers habanero Hot is delish also!! Love your outfit and that presh tousled hair lil boy of yours. Nice pour is right, don't you just hate it when you have the bog ol glass and they pour a smidge..sheesh! hated emily's dress..I kinda like jef also.

Natasha said...

agreed on the final dress ensemble...there were surely better options!!!

and that cherry smoothie sounds awesome

Emily said...

Seriously, you always have the best outfits. After I get to my goal weight I think I may check out the Rag and Bone jeans, they look super cute. I was surprised how much I ended up liking Emily and Jef together. I actually think they are pretty cute together. And your little boy is just the cutest!!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Stubbs is my favorite BBQ, so yummy, and I spy a tervis tumbler behind it. My absolute favorite.

pretty little things said...

love your outfit with the navy bubble necklace! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Haha, OMG, HATED her dress! I was like, seriously? The girl could where whatever her heart desires and THAT was her choice? Also, I had a similar outfit on this weekend - white skinnies, teal shirt with shoulder slits and a yellow J.Crew bauble! xoxo www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

Nat said...

Love that outfit! That is my kind of glass of wine- love it! I can't believe she choose Jef, I still don't love him but he is growing on me

Portuguese Prepster said...

Il have to check out the sale and try that sauce sometimes, looks delish!

Unknown said...

oooh, I heart Jef! I think there is something so sexy about him...but I can't pinpoint what it is :) They are cute together, we will see how long it lasts!

Val said...

I'm loving your blue bubble necklace. Your style is always amazing. I need to go eat breakfast ....I'm so hungry after looking at all of your delicious food.

viv said...

Absolutely in love with your white and cream outfit!

Christine said...

Stubb's bbq sauce is awesome!! It's from a cool bbq restaurant in Austin! Good choice!

blue chickadee said...

Love your Rag & Bone white jeans. I may just have to order myself a pair!!! And that Sunday supper you made looks amazing!!!!!!

Pris said...

Great Friday night outfit and cheers to bartenders with heavy hands! They're my favorite :)

Alexa said...

So fun! That cool glass of white wine looks fantastic!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Love that outfit, the colors are perfect for summer!

Unknown said...

Looks like such a fun weekend! We are coming to Charleston Sat-Monday for our 2yr wedding anniversary! Oh and I didn't like Emily's dress either...out of all the choices-definitely NOT what I would've picked!

XoXo,

Dominique @ http://comfycozycouture.blogspot.com

Taylor said...

looks like a great weekend :) love the white jean outfit. hated, hated, hated her final dress. And YES I still can't believe ashley not only let him get on one knee, but a full proposal - so much better the way Emily did it but I am so upset..... I loved arie and her together and their chemistry was insane. now the pathetic watching of bachelor pad commences.... when will I ever learn??

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Jenny Castle Design said...

We love Stubbs, it is a regular staple at our house! yum yum!
Also - I agree, I was surprised by Emily's dress...she does seem to pull off everything, but I would have picked a hundre dresses before that one.

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I am right there with ya- what was she thinking with that dress?! Sad she didn't chose Arie. :(

Megan said...

Love Stubbs BBQ sauce but I am a native Texan. Their pork marinade is awesome too but completely different than Carolina BBQ.