Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mediterranean White Bean Salad

I'm switching things up and doing a recipe today because I'm visiting my parents and of course their Internet is not working and of course no one knows how to fix it.  So you get a recipe today and obsessions tomorrow:)  I leave for my family beach vacay in less than two weeks,  so this Mama is on a strict salad diet trying to drop a few lbs before I have to rock a bikini in public.   I eat salads because one thing I'm not giving up is my vino.  Small sacrifices, right?  This Salad is light, fresh, and delicious!  It has so many great flavors.  It would be the perfect side dish to serve with some grilled fish or chicken.  I ate it for lunch several days in a row.  It saves really well and is oh so tasty.  Bon appetit!



MEDITERREAN BEAN SALAD
{Adapted from Proud Italian Cook}

-Cherry Tomatoes halved
-Sliced Fennel
-Red pepper sliced
-Kalamata Olives
-Red Onion
-Crumbled Feta Cheese
-Drained Canned Cannellini Beans
- Parsley
- Basil

 Toss all together and then mix with lemon juice and olive oil, also delicious at room temperature.

11 comments:

pretty little things said...

that looks so delish! perfect healthier dish for a summer bbq! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Leslie said...

This looks delicious. I am going to make this over the weekend and bring it in for lunch!

viv said...

Looks so delish!

Unknown said...

Yum! I made something similar last night but in no way does it look this good!

foxes & flamingos said...

Yum looks so good!!!

http://www.minifashionplates.com

Balancing Lisa said...

YUM! Totally trying this!

http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.com/

Unknown said...

Your recipes always look so delicious!! Thanks for sharing :)

XoXo,

Dominique @ http://comfycozycouture.blogspot.com

Portuguese Prepster said...

Looks delish!

Pris said...

This looks so good! I'm definitely bookmarking it- would be great to make a big batch of and then eat all week!

tenth avenue south said...

Oh my! I did some damage today in Gap!!

Val said...

Girl, you know how to post the most perfect food that makes me want to go in the kitchen immediately.