Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, Coconut Cookies + Happy July 4th

First of all Happy 4th of July and Happy Birthday America.  I am so blessed to live in this amazing country and so grateful for all the men and women who work so hard to protect this nation for us.  We are all so lucky to have the freedoms we do.  God Bless America.  I hope you all have a fantastic day!


I just realized I have not done a dessert recipe post in forever!  I made these cookies this weekend and they are off the hook good.  I need them out of my house stat because I have been eating 3 everyday since I made them and I may or may not have gained 5lbs in the process.  If you like cookies and stuffing your face and gaining weight then you should make these.  Perfect for a 4th of July party.  They are melt in your mouth good. 


OATMEAL, CHOCOLATE CHIP AND COCONUT COOKIES

1 1/4 c. oatmeal
1 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. flake coconut
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all dry ingredients together in bowl. Then add oil, egg, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before removing from pan.

14 comments:

Michelle said...

Those cookies look deeeelish! Going to have to try them!

Andrea said...

These sound so good! Hope you & your family have a wonderful 4th!

Val said...

Happy 4th of July my friend. These cookies look and sound amazing.

Jill said...

Happy 4th, I don't even want to make those cookies they sound so good and fattening!!

BLESS YOUR HEART said...

Looks very yummy and I will have to try!!! Erica

Lala said...

Yum! Happy 4th to you!

Melinda {Delighting in Details} said...

Nothing beats a melt n' your mouth cookie! Thanks for sharing! Happy 4th of July!!!

Portuguese Prepster said...

My Mom loves the above ingredients, I will have to make them just for her.

megan said...

Mmm I'm not a fan of coconut so I'd probably leave that out, but I'm sure they'd still be amazing!

Keely said...

Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday! Oatmeal, choc. Chip, & coconut is my signature cookie! DELISH right? They are dangerously good! : )

Alexa said...

Hope you had a happy Fourth. Those cookies do look rather scrumptious!

Kara said...

Those cookies look delish! Hope you had a wonderful 4th with your family!

Megan said...

That pizza looks amazing!!! Also, gotta love 60% off!! :) Have a great weekend! :)

Brandi said...

love the coral dress! where is it from?