Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Greek Salsa


Looking for the perfect healthy appetizer?  Well look no further.  I made this tasty treat for the 4th of July and it was off the hook good.   I knew we would be eating hot dogs and hamburgers which are pretty heavy so I wanted to make a light and healthy appetizer.  This is packed full of flavor and it is all veggies.   If you are a Greek Salad lover like me then this will be your new favorite snack.  This would also be amazing as bruschetta served on fresh baguettes!  Serve with Pita Chips and Bon Appetit.



GREEK SALSA
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups diced ripe plum tomatoes (about 3)
3/4 cup diced, peeled, and seeded cucumber (about 1/2 a cucumber)
1/4 cup minced red onion
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
1 cup (4 oz) crumbled feta cheese
1/3 pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
2-3 pickled hot cherry peppers stemmed and minced

Combine all Ingredients in a bowl and mix gently. Serve immediately with pita chips.

15 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

OMG. Would it be wrong if I ate all of this in one sitting? If it is wrong I do not want to be right.

Julia Ryan said...

I could totally eat the whole bowl. Absolutely!

pretty little things said...

that greek salsa looks so good!! yummmm

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

lizziefitz said...

I am going to make this and put it in a wrap or on naan bread and put it in my panini press ...YUM!

megan said...

I made a similar dish for Father's Day and it was devoured by everyone! This stuff is the best.

Taylor said...

this looks incredible!!! i will definitely be making this!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

viv said...

Whoa. This made me SO hungry and it's only 1030am!

Emily said...

I always love your recipes! Thanks for sharing!

Kara said...

I love all things greek food, and this dip looks fresh, healthy and delish!

Melinda {Delighting in Details} said...

Looks DELISH!!!

natasha {schue love} said...

OH yumm! This looks amazing! Kind of similar to the cowboy caviar we like to make! http://www.schuelove.com/2011/01/cowboy-caviar.html

Balancing Lisa said...

this looks super yummy!! NOM NOM ;)

17 Perth said...

Yum! So easy--healthy and has to be tasty!

LacyLouise said...

Oh my gosh what a good post! Buying the shirt and necklesses right this minute! I was avoiding Reality Steve this whole time because I didnt want to know-- then scrolled down and bam there it is haha oh well Im still excited to watch:)

honey my heart said...

the salsa looks so fresh and tasty :) i must try it.