Friday, April 29, 2011

Randomness

I went out for happy hour with my girlfriends last night so my head is in a fog this morning!




We had happy hour at one my favorite restaurants Carolinas.




From 5-7 on weekdays they have half-price glasses of wine and appetizers, it is a great deal! We enjoyed some great red wine, truffled fries and calamari!

Did anyone get up at 4 to watch the Royal Wedding? Not me, I just turned in the TV at 7:30 but I did get to see Kate's Dress. I think she looked beautiful and very tiny! I thought her dress was a little surprising, it was not as modern as I expected. They have been comparing it to Grace Kelly's wedding dress, which I think is a huge compliment. I think it was very regal and a perfect choice for a future queen. Kate is seriously gorgeous!



Via


I love this picture of GP promoting her new cookbook. She looks amazing as always. I am obsessed with her dress and shoes. She kills it everytime!




I am also loving this pink and turquoise Living Room my girl Julia blogged about yesterday. I can't stop thinking about it. The room is so fresh and modern. The color scheme is perfection and has me wanting to repaint my den!





Is that enough randomness for your Friday?? Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

I love you girl, you are so right on! I also waited until 7 to tune in. She looked so stunning but I was surprised her dress wasn't very cutting edge.
And that room is making me want to paint my new living room aqua even though I was over it in this house.
xoxox

KatiePerk said...

Fun fun fun! I thought she looked lovely. No I didn't get up early, but I did bake scones for the office!!

Anonymous said...

A night out with the girls = happiness! That living room is so happy! Have a great weekend, Cutie! xo

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I love, love, love that living room! Also discounted wine and calamari, plus girlfriends--what more could you want? Be sure to stop by and check out my first giveaway!

Christina said...

Ahhhhhh I want 1/2 priced wine. You remind me of a prettier Gwyneth. I love her!

Bri said...

love that aqua room. Have a great weekend! :)

Balancing Lisa said...

Looks like fun!!! and I love Gwyneth too! She can do no wrong!!

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

lots of fun! girls nights are the best!

Jill said...

those morning afters can be so brutal!! I was up early to watch the wedding, I think she looked beautiful, I heard that since it was a royal wedding she had to have her arms and shoulders covered.

Why wasn't Gwynnie at the wedding? I thought for sure she would be, she is kind of British now

Michaela said...

Yay for a night out with the girlies. I'm home this weekend, so I'm soaking up the CA sun and loving time with family (: I'm also working on new projects for my room!
I loved that room Julia posted yesterday. Those two colors together are seriously genius. In love.

H.G. The Countess said...

Carolinas... I went there for wine and apps all the time in college. Your blog makes me miss Charleston!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I woke up and checked the net just to see pictures of the dress...I was not in the least disappointed! I *love* that she went so elegant and classy and "Grace Kelly" was the first thing that popped into my head (c: Here's to more fun happy hours this weekend!

P.S. That room is absolutely *perfect*...I am all about that sea foam green right now!

California Wife said...

Oh my goodness, that turquoise and pink living room is perfection! Definitely adding it to my design file!!! : )

Bud and Leo said...

I love everything about this post! The girls night, Gwynnie perfection and that gorgeous color combo! And yes I woke up at 4a to watch... loved it! Happy weekend :)

natasha {schue love} said...

Hi Friend...I love that you had a fun girl's night last night...Kate looked amazing...understated but elegant and that turquoise room is STUNNING! Hope you have a great weekend! xo

Kerr said...

I love Carolina's happy hour. It is perfect for an evening with the gals!