Monday, September 9, 2013

Beach Trip Recap: Books, Food, and Pregnancy Style

Happy Monday Loves.   It is back to reality for me after a glorious week at the beach. Luckily my little man has school today so I have a few uninterrupted hours to get shiz done. I have a mile long to-do list before little Miss Mason arrives in 11 weeks.

 We had such an amazing week at the beach. Even though I live a short 25 minute drive from Isle Palms it was so great to stay out there for the week, I forget how gorgeous it is out there.

We kicked off our vacation with drinks at the Yacht Club the night before we headed to IOP.  This is all of us ladies: my sister in law, mom,  my sister and me plus Sterling.

 
Our house was right on the beach and I woke up to this view every morning.  Not a bad spot to sit and sip your coffee.  Although Sterling got me up before dawn almost everyday,  guess kids don't get it about sleeping in on vacation.  I did at least get to watch several gorgeous sunrises.


I am such a book worm on beach trips.  I read 3 books this past week.  The house we stayed at had a huge basket filled with books and I found these in it.  I loved all three of them.
They were all very different but such intriguing reads.  Defending Jacob was a legal thriller, I am still reeling from the ending.  It kept me in suspense til the very end.  Hopeless was a tween novel but it reminded me a bit of the Twilight love story, easy read, really good.  Beautiful Day was the perfect beach read.  Liked it so much I just downloaded another of Elin Hilderbrands novels to read.




This was our first beach trip with two kids, since my sister had her baby and it was so fun.   Sterling loved on his cousin Finley so much.  He is going to be the best big brother.






We managed to snap a few decent family pictures, always a miracle.


 Sterling is such a ham for the camera, this is his typical face.  Christmas card pictures are going to be fun this year:)


 Sterling spent alot of quality time with his Uncle Logan this week.  We joked that he was so good and patient with Sterling because he has no kids of his own yet!  But seriously he entertained him which allowed me some solo down time.


 Me and my sweet Dad who makes this trip possible every year!


The bump and I enjoyed alot of time relaxing on the beach which was so nice.
Wore my House of Harlow necklace like everyday, it is such a gem.  I get stopped every time I wear it with people complimenting me on.  Great purchase if you need a fun necklace that goes with everything.


We ate some incredible food.  We usually cook in most nights but we did eat out at Salt on Sullivan's and it was off the hook good.  We also had lunch at Crave in Mt Pleasant and it delish.  Pizza is from Salt and BLT salad is from Crave.  Last picture is my moms famous Blue Cheese and Bacon Coleslaw, recipe coming Wednesday.




Wanted to show two of my favorite pregnancy outfits, that I have been living in this pregnancy.
First is this Demylee Trapeze Shirt and Pleasure Doing Business Bandage Skirt.  I ordered the skirt while I was pregnant with Sterling and love it.  It is fitted but not too tight and I think bandage skirts are really slimming.  Demylee shirts have been my fav this pregnancy and I know I will wear them after too.  They run really large, I got an XS and it has fit me before and during pregnancy.

{Demylee Tank Top | Bandage Skirt (similar) | Tkees Flip Flops}


I also own these Demylee swing tee shirts that I wear as much as the tank version  I swear their shirts are the softest most comfortable things ever!  Plus they are great pregnant or not.  I wear mine all the time with my JBrand jean shorts and come Fall will pair with jeans or leggings.


Second item I have been living in, is this Rebecca Taylor Ombre Shirtdress.  I stalked it til it went on sale and I am obsessed with it.  Runs really large, I could still wear a 2 pregnant.  If you want one buy it now as it is pretty much sold out everywhere but these few spots.
Available on sale HERE, and HERE


The blouse version of the ombre dress is also available and I love it.  I am considering ordering it as well.
{Rebecca Taylor Ombre Blouse}


Ok, that is all I have for today! Go get your Monday on!
xoxo

24 comments:

Natalie said...

You are so gorgeous, just glowing! I love that Rebecca Taylor dress on you. Sterling is adorable with Finley, he's going to be the best big brother. So glad you guys had a relaxing vacation!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Sounds like an awesome vacation with great food! I need some of that pizza like now, even if it is 7:30 am!
Love all of the dresses on you. You look great!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

It looks like a wonderful vacation was had by all!!! I definitely need to try those 3 books! I can't believe how amazing you look in all of your non-preggo clothes. You are a gorgeous pregnant woman!

Sadie + Stella said...

You barely look preg, girl!! Looking fab and glad y'all got some r&r!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Beautiful Day was such a good read, loved it! I just read 100 Summers and it was so, so good. You look fabulous!

Megan said...

Incredible trip for sure! You and your family are so gorgeous :)

Megan
IG: megawat
Hello Newlywed Life Blog

Vett Vandiver said...

what a perfect beach trip!! how cute and the kids and how yummy does that food look!

Anonymous said...

I have read several Elin Hilderbrand books and they are all so good! I have a couple of pregnant friends and passed along your blog so they can see fabulous pregnancy style!

Kristen [Playground Prepster] said...

Your trip looked so fun! What a great view. Love your outfits and you totally made me hungry!

Madeline {elle + j} said...

I love Elin Hilderbrand books! I've read 3 this summer- Nantucket Nights, Summer Affair, and Summerland. All so good!

Mess of Beautiful Chaos ♥ said...

I read Hopeless beginning of Summer and oh my goodness, such a good book. The Sequel, Losing Hope, which is from Holder's pov is a great read too.

Alexa said...

You look absolutely lovely! And am especially loving the photo of you and Sterling...his face is priceless! So happy you got some R&R even if you were up at the crack of dawn each morning! haha!

Lili said...

i swear you're the most gorgeous pregnant woman out there!

Tess said...

What a perfect beach weekend! Your outfits were spot on - I love that tank - the neck is great on you.

I love Elin Hilbrand books too - so I pinned the book you posted.

Welcome back to reality.

natasha {schue love} said...

Sounds like an awesome trip...love that your whole family gets together for it! And I will have to check out those books...always looking for new ones! You look amazing as usual. Seriously...pregnancy definitely suits you!

Dina said...

Love your outfits and that pizza looks amazing, next Chas trip for sure!! Do you mind me asking how many bedrooms/baths the house you rented had and would you recommend it? We want to look into a house to rent for Tgiving with all my cousins. And I love that necklace you have with the trapeze top, is it a custom/monogrammed one?

Unknown said...

your trip looks amazing!!! Glad you got some R&R with the fam. You may be the cutest prego ever :)

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Looks like an amazing week Snoop!! So glad you enjoyed. You look glowing in every picture and that Sterling makes my heart happy.

Unknown said...

1. I am so jealous that you live 25mins from IOP
2. You look gorgeous and Sterling gives me major baby fever
3. I want to come to a dinner party at your house...

XOXO

Baby Shopaholic said...

Sterling is such a cutie! Love the pics with him and your nephew. He is going to be an awesome big brother! You are looking radiant as usual!

Happily Ever Parker said...

You;re such a skinny mini preggo!! Love Elin Hilderbrand all of her books take place in the same area. I read Island Girl (I think that is what it was called) and I really enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

Hey, now that you're back, I have a post suggestion: Sterling Style! I have a little man who's 2.5, and another one 7 months, and I love dressing them. I also love what Sterling's usually wearing in his pics, and would appreciate some recommendations!

Nat said...

You are seriously the cutest preggo ever!! I love that Rebecca Taylor dress- I may need to nab one for myself

Portuguese Prepster said...

you are so chic while pregnant!! and so tiny! Loving those soft t-shirt recs, I will have to try them!