Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Blue Cheese and Bacon Coleslaw


This is my mom's recipe and one of my absolute favorites. We make it all the time whether we are doing burgers, grilled chicken, or fried shrimp- it goes with everything. It is super duper easy to whip together and oh so good.  The saltiness of the bacon and blue cheese pair perfectly with the sweetness of the grapes.  This will be your new favorite go-to slaw!
I love that if you look closely at the bottom of the picture you can see my belly touching the bowl- she is getting pretty darn large, ah the joys of pregnancy!

:: B L U E   C H E E S E  A N D   B A C O N   C O L E S L A W ::
- 1 head cabbage shredded or two bags shredded cabbage/coleslaw mix
- 2 containers crumbled blue cheese
- 8-10 slices cooked bacon crumbled (we used the microwave kind)
- 1 cup sliced red grapes
- 1 jar Mazzerati's Coleslaw Dressing (located in refrigerated produce section)

Mix all together and let sit in fridge about 1 hour before serving.  We start with only half the bottle of the Mazzerati's dressing and let it sit.  You do not want the slaw too soggy so start with less and you can always add more if needed.  The cabbage will break down alot from the dressing so at first it may not seem like enough but after you let it sit you will be surprised. You can also add more bacon and grapes too, usually the two containers of blue cheese is more than enough.
Enjoy!

18 comments:

Annie {flourishinfertility.com} said...

This looks delicious! Thank you for sharing! xo

Tiffany Leigh said...

Yes! You posted it! Thanks so much :) Looks amazing

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

That looks good and I'm not even a blue cheese fan.

RealHouseWifeOfNOVA said...

can't wait to make this!

megan said...

omg yes. Love the Fat Hen's blue cheese coleslaw, too!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Oooh. This sounds SO good! I want to make it.

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh I want to eat it just from the title of your post!! YUM!!!! xo

Megan said...

I can't wait to try this! I love blue cheese! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Seriously, I can't...this sounds like heaven! I will definitely be making this ASAP!

Meghan at Champagne & Suburbs said...

I don't even like coleslaw, but I'm definitely going to be trying this!

champagneandsuburbs.blogspot.com

Allison said...

This sounds delicious! Can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for your recipe Natalie!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, this looks wonderful !!!

Sadie + Stella said...

This looks beyond insane. I'm going to need this! Seriously need you to come cook for me!!!

Sadie + Stella said...

This looks beyond insane. I'm going to need this! Seriously need you to come cook for me!!!

Anonymous said...

You had me at "bacon"...looking forward to making this soon!

Julia Ryan said...

I freaking love blue cheese coleslaw and have never tried bacon in it. Done and done.

Erin said...

Made this last night and it was fantastic! Thanks for the great recipe!

Lauren said...

Mmm...looks so creamy and cheesy at the same time! I have some Castello blue cheese crumbles in my fridge right now that I can put to work. Might even have the grapes already too!