Friday, September 27, 2013

Wear This, Make This, Eat This, Read This, Donate Here + Batman

TGIF Friends.  I am looking forward to the weekend.  My parents got here last night and it is project nursery all weekend.  I am putting my sweet Dad to work installing shelves in closets, putting together the crib, and hanging artwork.  Its gonna be a busy weekend but I am ready to get this nursery finished.

I am loving this cooler weather here, I still prefer it a bit cooler but at least I can wear jeans now and cover my heinous veins without sweating my ass off.  Had to share one of my favorite Maternity outfits.  Actually the jeans are the only maternity aspect so any of you non-preggos could wear this as well.  I am so in love with my JCrew Swing Sweater and get compliments everytime I wear it.  My Baublebar Aztec necklace is my new favorite piece, it dresses up the dullest outfit and goes with everything.  The Elizabeth and James shoes are a steal now at 60% off.  They are so comfortable even on my swollen feet plus they look so cute on!

As far as the maternity jeans go, my sister gave me these from she was pregnant and I have to say Old Navy really impressed me.  I did not love their maternity shorts, but I really like these jeans.  They fit well and I think they look expensive.  We went up a size in the jeans and got a 6 and have plenty of room.  If I didn't only have a few weeks left, I would snag one of these black pairs as well.


...................................................................................................

I have been majorly craving anything pumpkin and anything in the bread family.  I made these Pumpkin Spice Muffins a few weeks ago and they were delicious.  I left off the icing but I bet they are incredible with the icing.

....................................................................................................................

If you are local, please stop for lunch at The Butcher and Bee and get the Mezzo Platter.  I had it yesterday and it was truly amazing.   Their hummus is some of the best hummus I have ever had!

....................................................................................................

I am so honored to be featured over on The What to Expect Website.  They gave me the freedom to write an article about anything I wanted and I choose The Terrible Threes:)  You can read my article HERE.
..................................................................................................

My sweet friend Katherine's (You may know her from her awesome blog Southern Bourbon Mountains) mom has Alzheimer Disease.  Such a hard disease and my heart goes to out to her.  She participates in the Alzheimers walk every year to raise money in honor of her mom, and the walk is this Saturday in Charlotte.  Such a touching story.   Please take a moment and read about her story HERE and if you feel generous make a small donation.

........................................................................................................................

Lastly, I leave you my precious little man.  We went to Target this week and he picked out his Halloween costume and decided on Batman.  He loves Halloween so much, he even slept in his costume last night:)  The fiercest (and cutest)  Batman around.


Have a great weekend!
XOXO

15 comments:

Liz said...

can't wait to see the nursery all finished up! baby girl mason is a lucky little lady! i meant to tell you that a few weeks ago when you featured the leopard clutch from gap, i ordered it and have been getting at least one compliment a day on it....you go girl! xo

Unknown said...

The fact that you are more worried about him turning into a jackass than about him liking you means you're going to be okay! The bratty kids are the ones with parents whose mind that thought never crossed.

tpatters5 said...

That picture of Sterling made my day. He is adorable!!!

You look awesome, by the way. reat outfit, pregnant or not!

Have a great weekend finishing the nursery. It will look fabulous, no doubt

liz said...

You should try the pumpkin bread mix from Trader Joe's... it's really good!

Madeline {elle + j} said...

I think Sterling is the cutest thing ever!!! I can't stand it!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Ohh what a cute batman! I need to take Matthew to choose his costume for this year!

natasha {schue love} said...

LOVE Sterling's costume! He's such a cutie! And you look great...I would hardly know you were pregnant in that first picture!

The Modernista said...

I seriously thought that first picture was a pre-pregnacy pic! You look great andSterling is such a cutie!

Tess said...

Sterling is just too much! What a cutie.

Your Jcrew top makes a perfect fall outfit - preggers or not!

Have a great weekend with your parents girl!

Ashley Brickner said...

Batman is too cute! Good luck with nursery decorating, can't wait to see the finished room!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

PS - Your preggers style will undoubtably be my inspiration for baby #2.

Ashley said...

Good luck with all the nursery stuff! We are putting together the crib this weekend too - but my hubs is less than handy so we'll see how that goes. That picture of Sterling in his costume kills me, his proud smile is just the best!

Melissa W. said...

try these Nat:
http://www.melissaandameliawags.blogspot.com/2013/09/pumpkin-recipe.html

KatiePerk said...

The 3rd trimester was all about sugar carbs for me! I wanted waffles, french toast, pancakes etc. MM bread.
You look so cute! I can't wait to see the nursery!

Val said...

I want to eat it all. That picture of Sterling needs to be framed and displayed every Halloween. AWESOME.

Unknown said...

Love the costume!! What a little stinker.
www.coastalkel.com