Monday, September 23, 2013

Scenes From Our Weekend + Blackberry Farms Pimento Cheese Recipe

Did everyone have a fab weekend? Ours was totally uneventful but sometimes that is nice. By uneventful I mean we ate frozen pizzas one night and Taco Bell the other and were in bed by 9 both nights- raging weekend:) 
Can we talk about Breaking Bad last night?  How in the world is the series going to end??  It has been so good I am going to be devastated when it over.  and Yay for Breaking Bad finally winning an Emmy for best Drama, that was well deserved!


I officially only have 60 days til my due date- yikes, right?  But I am ready!  Thank you for all the wonderful comments Friday assuring me I am not the only one that thinks pregnancy is hard!


I finally picked up my compression hose and for any of you ladies that have to wear them too, I highly suggest getting black.  I was originally fitted for nude but my mom talked me into switching them for black so I could wear them as tights/leggings.  Pure genius and they suck you in like spanx and make your legs look skinny, double bonus.  I wore mine most of the weekend and must say they really helped relieve some pain.
 
Saturday we hit up the beach thinking since it was September and the crowds might have died down but no luck still crowded.  Sterling had fun though.  That is Matt's forced smile face.


I made the most delicious Pimento Cheese from the famous Blackberry Farms in Tennessee.  I would love to visit the Blackberry Farm one day, such an amazing place.  The pimento cheese has pickle juice and hot sauce in the dressing and it gives the cheese such great flavor.  I highly recommend it! 
Recipe is ||
 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic 6 Tbsp. mayonnaise 2 Tbsp. dill pickle brine 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard 1 tsp. Frank’s RedHot sauce (or favorite hot sauce) 1/2 tsp. kosher salt 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell peppers or red pimentos from a jar, drained 1 lb. cheddar cheese, finely grated 


I framed my Sharon Montrose Animal Print Shop Prints for the nursery.  I am obsessed with all of Sharon's work!

 
Placed my first order from Honest Company.  I have been wanting to do this forever.  I ordered  a trial of the diapers and some household cleaning supplies.  Anyone else used the Honest Co?  What products are your favorite?  I am especially excited to try the detergent for baby clothes and the healing balm.


Have a great Monday!


26 comments:

Natalie said...

Love the nursery art! That dip sounds insane and you're looking gorgeous, baby girl will be here before you know it!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

OMG I can't believe there's only one BB episode left! What's going to happen!?!? Dave thinks Walt is going to buy Gray Matter and has been saying it for weeks. I think he may be onto something after last night! Marie is getting on my nerves a little bit. Why am I pulling for the bad guys?

Sadie + Stella said...

I am not preggo and I want these compression tights! Socially acceptable? Doubt it :) I am ready for baby girl Mason!!

donna said...

That pimiento cheese looks delish!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Love the prints for the nursery! Can't wait to see it all done! :)

Julia Ryan said...

No spoilers on Breaking Bad! You finally convinced me to give a another go and I just started season 4 last night! LOVE IT!!!! So dark but so addicting!

You look amazing, by the way!

Love those animal prints. So hard to narrow it down!

Anne said...

That dip looks insane! Must make STAT.
LOVE the framed prints!! Where did you get the frames? Great mat job.
You even make compression hose look good. Way to go, mama!

Emily {Luscious Life & Decor} said...

My hubby & I just started watching Breaking Bad last week. I hear it's so good! Definitely need to try that recipe- I love cheese! :) I've tried lots of Honest Co products. Didn't love the diapers- they didn't fit my baby girl well. But, I love the shampoo/body wash, the hand soap, and the healing balm.

steffimarie said...

That cheese! oh my gosh, I'm def going to be making it!
Looovvee the Honest products. I have been using them since my 20 month old son was born. My faves are def the bath products. The baby shampoo and bubble bath smell delish! Plus, all natural and non toxic, you can't beat that! I read up on Johnson and Johnson baby products, and there are some scary ingredients in there that I don't want on my babes! Hope you like it as much as we do! Btw, you look amaze! :)

Alicia xoxxo said...

I am going to make the pimento cheese. Looks delish! Love the wall art too!

Kristen [Playground Prepster] said...

Love the art!! And I can't believe how close you are! You look great!

Unknown said...

love those prints! So cute and I need to try that dip. It looks so good!

Ashley @ The Houston House said...

I'm depressed BB is ending, too. This season has not let me down!

natasha {schue love} said...

I am SO obsessed with Breaking Bad! I have NO idea how they will end it by next week. There is still so much to cover, even after last night's episode! Just dying over here!!!

Unknown said...

We love Breaking Bad! We aren't watching this season yet, we watch on Netflix and are currently waiting for the next season to come available :(
Where did you get the compression hose? I think I'll definitely need some. Do they prevent vericose veins?

Leslie said...

That's so smart about getting the compression tights in black. I'm glad they are helping a little bit!

Jenny Castle Design said...

I love Honest Company! All the baby products are great. Personally I love the multi surface cleaner, the laundry detergent and dryer cloths, the hand soap and dish soap....it's addicting!
You look so fabulous by the way!

Jenny Castle Design said...

I love Honest Company! All the baby products are great. Personally I love the multi surface cleaner, the laundry detergent and dryer cloths, the hand soap and dish soap....it's addicting!
You look so fabulous by the way!

Nat said...

I really wanted to love the Honest diapers but they gave Miller horrible diaper rash. They aren't as soft as regular diapers and just irritated his skin. I do like their wipes and sunscreen though. Can't believe you only have 60 days left!

Pink and Fabulous said...

I am obsessed with the Honest Company. I think their diapers are the best and hold more than any others! I love their shampoo and body oil too!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you only have 60 days left...woo hop for baby girl Mason!!! Sounds like such a fun weekend and yet again that pimiento cheese sounds so so yummy!

Michaela said...

I love Honest Co!!! And those prints are DARLING.

Jill said...

Oh I wore those compression hose too, ugg!! I got them in black as well and used them like leggings, I couldn't wait to take them off each night

Julia said...

Love those prints and can't wait to see the finished product.

We are big Honest fans at our house--diapers, healing balm for everything, detergent, sponges, bathroom cleaners--our cabinets are exploding with all things Honest. You'll quickly be hooked!

Jonnel G. said...

That dip sounds amazing! I will definitely be making it this weekend!

Taylor said...

oh I want to get those prints for my sisters nursery!! they are so damn cute!! and love the target dress! you look adorable

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com