Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wild Salmon + White Bean Salad


This meal came about this week as a way to clean out our pantry.  I am trying hard not to go to the grocery store everyday to save money and work with what we have on hand.  This salad knocked my socks off, I loved it.  It was so fresh and light. Plus it took less than 10 minutes to make.   I used canned  Wild Alaskan Salmon, which I love, but if you don't like Salmon you could sub tuna or if you want it totally vegetarian you could add Cauliflower or another type of bean to hearty it up.  I assembled it and then just tossed together right before dinner.  
Enjoy!

|| W I L D  S A L M O N + W H I T E  B E A N  S A L A D ||

- 1 can Wild Alaskan Salmon (make sure it is the boneless kind)
- 1 can Great White Northern Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 2 sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons capers 

|| M U S T A R D   V I N I A G R E T T E ||

- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper

Mix together dressing and set aside.  Assemble Salad.  Add as much or as little dressing as you like.  Best served at room temperature.





8 comments:

Delta Daisies said...

Will have to try this!!!

Natalie said...

Wishing I brought this for lunch today, it sounds amazing!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

I saw that salad on your Insta and was hoping for the recipe! Looks so delicious thanks for sharing!

~Amanda
Meet @ the Barre

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

That sounds so good! I love salads like this, especially on a hot summer night. Thanks for sharing!

Portuguese Prepster said...

my kind of salad!

Alexa said...

Oh wow this looks so good and delicious. Win again Natalie! :)

Jonnel G. said...

What bowl do you use to make all of your salads in? I always love the presentations! Plus the bowl looks big enough to toss the salad without a problem :)

BeachGypsy said...

This is why I love your recipes....they are quick, easy, and yum! Thanks for the newest, trying it this weekend. Love salads like this. Love them colorful. its got to be healthy too, right?