This meal came about this week as a way to clean out our pantry. I am trying hard not to go to the grocery store everyday to save money and work with what we have on hand. This salad knocked my socks off, I loved it. It was so fresh and light. Plus it took less than 10 minutes to make. I used canned Wild Alaskan Salmon, which I love, but if you don't like Salmon you could sub tuna or if you want it totally vegetarian you could add Cauliflower or another type of bean to hearty it up. I assembled it and then just tossed together right before dinner.
|| W I L D S A L M O N + W H I T E B E A N S A L A D ||
- 1 can Wild Alaskan Salmon (make sure it is the boneless kind)
- 1 can Great White Northern Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 2 sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons capers
|| M U S T A R D V I N I A G R E T T E ||
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Mix together dressing and set aside. Assemble Salad. Add as much or as little dressing as you like. Best served at room temperature.