Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Chicken Maribella + Orange Scented CousCous || Open Door Discount


While I was home over Christmas, my mom made this recipe for a Dinner Party she was hosting and I have dreamed about it ever since. The recipe came from her good friend Jane and trust me Jane's recipes never disappoint.  First of all this dish is just beautiful when it is plated and served, it is sure to wow your guests.  Secondly it is amazing.  It is full of such complex flavors like the sweetness of the apricots, the saltiness of the olives, the crispness of the lemons, and the hint of orange in the couscous.  The flavors go together so well.  This is so easy to make ahead but prepare to let it marinate two days before cooking it.  This makes a lot of food. I brought my Sister in Law half, but you could easily freeze half or serve this at party.  I actually used the leftover chicken the next night in a chopped salad and it was on point.  
This is a dish that tastes as good as it looks! (RECIPE BELOW)

I wanted to mention my serving bowl above, it is from the Terrafirma line that I have talked about before.  These serving pieces are my absolute favorite!!  They are durable and can go in your dishwasher.  Plus I think they just look so gorgeous when entertaining.
I use the bowl all the time- you may remember it from my 7 layer dip recipe, I used it for the chips and also for kale from my garden.  It makes a beautiful fruit bowl too.  If I was getting married and registering I would register for a ton of this stuff!


  My favorite entertaining store Open Door Shop has graciously offered you guys 20% off all serving ware.  This includes the Terrafirma line and any other serving ware.  You can buy my actual bowl here (which I highly recommend) and below are some of my other favorites.  I own the gold spoons too and use them all the time!  They are adorable to put out with dips, olives, and spices.
Use code DBDD20 for 20% off.


Open Door Shop





|| C H I C K E N   M A R I B E L L A ||

3 lbs chicken tenderloins ( I trim the fat off if there is any extra)
1 1/2 cup pitted prunes
1 1/2 cup Spanish olives
1 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
1 1/2 cup dried apricots
1 head garlic peeled and minced
1/4 cup dried oregano
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 tablespoon pepper
1 1/2 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 small jars capers and juice
5 bay leaves
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup white wine
4 lemons
1/4 cup fresh parsley


Divide chicken, prunes, olives, and apricots into two large ziploc bags.  Combine garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, olive oil, red wine vinegar, capers, and bay leaves in a large bowl.  Divide marinade ingredients between the two bags.  Marinate for 36 and up to 48 hours turning the bag occasionally.

Pour contents into a shallow baking dish.  Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the top.  Cut lemons into thin circles and distribute to cover the entire dish.  Gently pour wine around lemons. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes to an hour.  Garnish with chopped parsley.


||  O R A N G E   S C E N T E D   C O U S C O U S ||

4 cups water
2 cups couscous
2 tablespoons grated orange zest
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons olive oil 
4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Bring water to a boil.  Remove the pan from the heat and stir in couscous.  Cover and let sit about 30 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.  Uncover and fluff with a fork.  Gently stir in the zest, juice, olive oil, and cilantro.  Season with salt and pepper.




7 comments:

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

Oh my word. That looks absolutely amazing!!!! Pinning now, making soon!

MHM1314 said...

LOVE Chicken Marbella, my aunt gave me the recipe after I vacationed in Marbella Spain and it's such an easy yet fancy combo!

Lindsay said...

I have always loved those serving dishes from your posts!! Unfortunately it looks like all of the dinnerware with that pattern is sold out :( Do you know if they will be adding more before the discount ends? Thanks so much!!

Ashley said...

I am definitely making this soon!

Open Door Shop said...

Hi Lindsay! Leslie from Open Door you can contact us at info@opendoorshop.com to preorder an item and still receive the discount. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Looks delicous! I have made a ton of your recipes. Thanks in advance for this one!

Julia said...

Sister, I have made this recipe a few times for company and it is wonderful! Love that it's a make-ahead and seems way fancier than it is :)