Friday, January 9, 2015

Thoughts For Friday

Happy Friday!  For some reason this week seemed especially long, maybe because it was the first week back to the grind.  It's restaurant week this week and we have a fun date night planned for Saturday, can't wait for some adult time.  Otherwise I plan to keep organizing and cleaning out our house, I always get inspired after the New Year. I will probably do a blog sale again soon so stay tuned.

Confession I wore this outfit 4 days in the past week.  When I find soemthing I like I wear it on repeat especially if I am seeing different people.

Also wanted to let ya'll know my favorite distressed jeans are on sale right now for 50%!
I have this same style but different color and wear them basically everyday.

I picked up a new piece for my bar area and I am loving it!  I had actually originally bought it for our den to place on the piece of furniture our TV used to sit on (we hung a new TV) but Matt insisted it blocked too much of his TV (men and their TV watching).  It found its way to the bar room and I am really loving it there (sterling loves it too).


I just finished reading The Light Between the Oceans and really loved it!!  It was so thought provoking and really hit my heart hard as a mother.  I highly recommend it- what should I read next?
Thinking about Cutting For Stone or the Language of Flowers....
 

I had the most amazing beet salad at the Obstinate Daughter this week.  I can't stop thinking about it.  I really want to try and recreate it.  It was whipped ricotta, beets, pistachios, picked Fresno chiles, and fresh grated horseradish.  The flavor combo was out of this world.


I downloaded Kristen Cavallari's app- I don't know if that makes me lame but I have a weird fascination with her/ girl crush and hey the app was free.  In one of her articles she discusses fermented foods and how good they are for you, so I bought some Kimchee to try.   It is kind of funky but good in a strange way.

 
After Christmas I ordered a few things from the Rebecca Taylor sale.  My shirt dress just arrived and I love it!  You can still take additional 30% off the sale thru this weekend.  It brings the dress to like $100.  I am wearing a size 4, pretty true to size if not on the large side.



 Frances is finally starting to perk up and act like herself again after having RSV.  RSV is no joke.  I am thankful both kids seem to be on the mend.


I was so excited Monday because The Bachelor started back. My Mondays have been lacking without the Bachelor or Bachelorette to watch.  I think Chris is really cute, and his body ain't so shabby either.  Dying to know what he does to make all the women cry- I am thinking he probably gets freaky with someone the girls don't like.   Monday nights just got so much more entertaining.


Have a great weekend!!





22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that beet salad looks amazing. Let us know if you recreate it, and glad your little Frances is feeling better! Have a great weekend.

Ally- Life as I know it said...

I love to drink a fermented tea called Kombucha. They even sell it at Target now. I'll have to check out Kristin's app. I was always kind of obsessed with her too. Have a great weekend and stay warm!
Ally - Life as I know it

Miss Anna said...

Ok Natalie, after reading your blog for almost a year and LOVING it, I am finally commenting! That blouse is TDF, who doesn't love all things Joie? I read All the Light We Cannot See and it is easily one of the most powerful stories I think I've encountered (and I got my MA in English!). Have a beautiful weekend! Thanks!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

I can't stand the new bachelor. Ew. I don't think I can watch his missing upper lip every Monday. The last picture of your babies is a framer! I need that beet salad in my life! Cutting For Stone is so long but worth it! The Yellow Crocus is one I just finished and loved!

Liz said...

i have her app too. (we have friends in our neighborhood that are good friends with her and Jay - and they say she is very very healthy!) because of her, i started taking a shot of aloe every night to help with digestion - her app has lots of good tips. xoxo

KatiePerk said...

Yes! We have been adding kimchee to weird stuff. Try it with eggs. Surprisingly delicious. Glad FM is on the mend. RSV scares the shiz out of me.

The Grass Skirt Blog said...

I wish that I looked as great in all gray as you do. It washes me out, but you look amazing!
The Grass Skirt
The Mini Skirt

A Manolescu said...

Yum, I love kimchi/kimchee (sp?!) You've inspired me to make some Korean food this weekend.

Glad Miss Frances is feeling better...stay warm this weekend!

Alissa

The wife said...

I fell asleep right before the rose ceremony and was pissed! I wanted to see the drunk girl through to the end!!

PS) Thanks for the book recommendation. Heading to the bookstore this morning to pick up the Wheat Belly diet cookbook and I'll add this to the list.

Unknown said...

"Tempting Fate" by Jane Green is so good! I just finished it and couldn't put it down!

Christina said...

i have a weird crush on k cavallari too. do you follow her on insta? how is she so skinny. i need her diet. and her skin regimen. and her nfl playing husband .hahaha. i have heard that the language of flowers is really great. have you read the lost wife? i tell everyone to read that. it's a great one. that salad is OUR LIFE. i need it. should i move back? xoxo

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I'm obsessed with kimche and Korean food. There are a couple good places in Chicago that we eat at.

I need to watch the Bachelor again! I forgot about that show.

:-)

Pink and Fabulous said...

I totally just downloaded her app the other day and was too ashamed to tell anyone. She has some really interesting health tips and her body is ridic so I am down! So glad the kiddos are feeling better!! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! Had to chime in here. Both Language of Flowers and Cutting for Stone are amazing! Language of Flowers might be a little easier to get hooked on. But both incredible. Definitely add both to your list.

Unknown said...

So excited The Bachelor is back too!! And glad little FM is finally feeling better! Have a great wknd!

natasha {schue love} said...

I'm so happy the Bach is back on too! And did you see that Andi and Josh split?! What the what? I no likey how they were pretending on Monday's show. Not cool! ;)

JRA said...

Language of Flowers! Also try Anthony Doerr's All the Light We Cannot See, I read the whole book on a flight to Rome...

Carli said...

loved Cutting for Stone! Language of Flowers is next on my list :)

Ginger said...

Hi, Natalie! OMG, that beet salad at The Obstinate Daughter looks amazing. We ate there Thanksgiving week when we rented a house Isle of Palms. It was because of your restaurant edition right before that we had dinner there, and we loved the place! I'm glad that Frances Moon is feeling better as well as your son! Love your new outfits, as usual! Have a great day! xoxo

Eva @ All Books Considered said...

I recommend Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher for your next read!

rox said...

I bawled like a BABY at the end of The Light Between Oceans. I'm reading State of Wonder (Ann Patchett) right now and it's ... interesting. Room, The Bear, Still Alice, and The Goldfinch are all goodies, too.

Taylor said...

Ha I downloaded her app a few weeks ago too :) So so glad the bachelor is back -- as always it promisees to be a season filled with drama. It looks like something goes down with the girl that is a virgin but is very flirtatious ? I think she makes it to the fantasy suite round but I'm not sure!

www.itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com