Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Home Obsessions

This year I am inspired to finish up some rooms in our house,  mainly our master bedroom and Sterling's room.  I also have a few things I want to switch up in our dining room, mainly our dining room chairs.  I am also planning to tear down the bead board in our dining room and do some sheet rock and either paint or wallpaper it.  Our kitchen is in the middle of being updated right now. We had the built-ins done last month and this week the cabinets are being painted so that is exciting.  I think the bright white will help brighten up the space!   

I feel good like we are making some progress.  We have still not decided if eventually we will move or add on but for now these changes are keeping me happy and only adding value to our house if we do sell. Although more and more we discuss going the addition route.  We love our neighborhood and have a big lot with space to add on.
 Charleston readers- any recommendations of architects who do home additions/updates?  I would love to meet with someone and get their thoughts and plans drawn for a possible addition.

Below are a few things I love and a few I actually bought for our house.

Pretty sure I am going to order this for our bedroom.  I am debating between the talc and gray color.



Since I can't seem to keep any plants alive, I am leaning towards investing in some gorgeous fake ones.  Love these two orchids.


I just love these stemless champagne glasses. So chic, love the gold accents.


I had to share this because this is the same wooden platter I have, and I always get asked where it is from.  It is back in stock and on sale!


Serena and Lily is offering 20% off all their bedding.  I would love some fresh new bedding for our king bed.  I love the classic look of these link sheets.  Use code FRESH to get 20% off.


This mirror is so gorgeous!!  Would look great in an entryway, over a vanity, or in a bathroom.


After the New Year I always treat myself to fresh new candles and a diffuser.  This is my new favorite Nest scent, it is so good!

I was so excited when I saw Target had these benches in stock again, I promptly ordered 2 for our bedroom.  I wanted two to look like a longer bench, my sister had done this in her house and they looked so good. They are such great quality!

I have been trying to style my coffee table and love the idea of a tray filled with books or small objects.  

Now that our tv is hanging, I am looking for ways to style the top of the piece of furniture it used to sit on.  These book ends are so cool and unique.


I am looking for a new piece or pieces of art to hang over Sterling's bed and I think Jennifer Moreman's art is so cool.  I love the bear and the bull.


I have a weakness for cute glasses.  I love small glasses like these for juice or wine.  Been wanting some pink ones to add to my collection!


I am digging these Pom Pom pillows if I could find somewhere to put them.  
also love the gray and blue colors.

I just love these agate frames.  My mom has a few and they just look so cool sitting out.
In a larger size and more neutral color below.





8 comments:

Nat said...

Love the headboard and the benches! I've been thinking of getting one of those Target benches for our bedroom- they look so much more expensive than Target. Can't wait to see how the cabinets turn out

Kelsey | Southern in Love said...

We just got that Target Threshold bench for our entry way and I love it! I'm tempted to get 2 more for the foot of our bed. Apparently they go on sale sometimes, but I just couldn't wait that long to get it. haha Love all the updates. Your neighborhood seems great and I like the idea of adding on. You have so many memories in the house you're in now.

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

I've been wanting that Target bench FOREVER but do t have any place for it. It's gorgeous! And tganks for the heads up on your platter - I've always admired it.

Julia Ryan said...

I can't wait to see updates of your kitchen. It's going to be amazing!!!!

Allie said...

What size bed do you have? A king or queen? The benches look great!

Unknown said...

Hi Natalie! You always have such great taste. I saw that Target bench last night and was tempted to get it but then couldn't decide. Well after seeing your blog post this morning I ran to Target before work and picked it up. They only had two left so I didn't want it to get gone and I think I have the perfect place for it.

Ginger said...

I bought those same champagne flutes for my daughter for Christmas! Love you sense of style. xoxo

Kat Chan said...

I'm waiting for the pink tufted bench to be available too.