Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Supreme Pizza Dip


With the Superbowl this weekend, trust me you are going to want this recipe.  I am a pizza lover, it is one of my absolute favorite foods.  I could easily eat it everyday.  Making pizza dip was a no brainer, I just had no idea how damn good it would be.  This is dip is amazing plus it takes like 5-10 max to whip together.   It really tastes just like a supreme pizza.  We served ours with pretzels thins which tasted fine with it but they were hard to dip.   You could also serve this with crostini because towards the end we just started spooning it on our pretzels.  The crostini might hold up better or try and find skinny breadsticks that would also be great!
Enjoy.


|| S U P R E M E  P I Z Z A   D I P ||

- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 small jar marinara sauce (i really recommend Raos)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms (I used baby bellas)
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 sliced black olives
1/4 cup sliced green Spanish olives
- pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- sliced fresh mozzarella
- Italian seasoning
- crushed red pepper flakes


In a round baking dish spread the cream cheese on the bottom.  Layer with about half the marinara.  Then layer on half the mushrooms, bell pepper, olives and pepperoni.  Sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella.   Layer another layer of the marinara (I did not use the whole jar because I was afraid it might get too soggy but I used almost the whole jar).  Then layer on the layer of fresh mozzarella and top with the remaining olives, mushrooms, bell pepper and pepperoni. Bake at 350 degrees about 20-25 minutes til bubbly.  Let this sit out 10-15 minutes before serving too cool slightly.  Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and fresh crushed red pepper before serving.


If you don't have a round baker, these three options are great.  I use mine all the time for dips.





16 comments:

Ally- Life as I know it said...

Someone in my family always brings this dip to get togethers. Everyone always loves it. We use tortilla scoops to dip in it. Works really well.
Ally - Life as I know it

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

This sounds delicious! I may make this for Superbowl :)

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

Making this for my get together tonight! Yum! Thanks!

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

If this were 4 days ago, I would've devoured this! Now I get to look forward to your recipes with kale and quinoa. :)

Jillian said...

sounds delicious!!! minus the olives ;) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Katie S. said...

Making this Sunday for a Super Bowl party we are going to!! Thanks so much for sharing :)

My Life as A Plate said...

This looks amazing. I think I would eat the whole thing in one sitting.

Unknown said...

This looks INSANE! I would have to make with "fake" cheese and not sure it would be quite the same! haha

Kelsey | Southern in Love said...

This has been one of my go-to recipes for years - everyone always loves it! I normally just do the cream cheese, marinara and top with shredded cheese and serve with tostitos scoops. I need to try your fancy version with the pretzel crisps!

Unknown said...

This is one of my go-tos. I use whatever toppings I have on hand and we dip with Fritos Scoops. They're super sturdy.

Ginger said...

This looks so yummy! I won't be making it this Sunday because I just started a 10 day cleanse, and this is a no-no. :( However, I'm going to pin it and make it for our annual family crawfish boil on Holy Saturday. I may add some browned sausage, too! Thanks for sharing!

The wife said...

This sounds super yummy and would be a great way to soothe my pizza craving while I am going grain free! Now to just figure out what I can use to scoop it out??

Stephanie Chalk said...

This looks amazing! I will be making this on Sunday!! Xo, Stephanie

Ryan @apolishedpalate said...

I am a pizza lover myself and this dip sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Ryan | A Polished Palate

Unknown said...

As someone who doesn’t care much for pizza, this looks amazing, and I can’t wait to try it at my next party!

Mikaela said...

Made this last night for a wine tasting party (paired perfectly with one of the reds we were trying). I omitted the olives and added some red onion instead. It was amazing and everyone asked for the recipe! Thanks for posting this.