Monday, September 24, 2012

Get Your Butt to Madewell (Or just shop online)...

Remember my post a few weeks ago, about me finding the perfect Chambray Shirt at Madewell?? 

Here she is if you forgot:
Love it and seriously wear it all the time.


Sadly, we don't have a Madewell store in Charleston, which is ok because I am no stranger to online shopping- I sometimes prefer it because I love the excitement of getting packages delivered to my house.   Seriously seeing the UPS/FedEx truck makes me so excited- does that make me weird?
 
 However I do love to shop in person at stores when possible.  Since I was in Charlotte this past week,  I knew I must hit up the Madewell store while I was in town.   True story, I had never even set foot  in a Madewell store until about a year ago.  Now I am hooked, I really love the store and so far all my items of clothing from there have held up super well.  It is not crazy expensive and the clothes are good quality.  My trip there last week was no exception, the store was stocked full of goodies.  These three items stole my heart and quickly became my favorites.   Lets see if you can guess which one came home with me?

I first spied this dress in the Madewell fall catalog they sent me and truth be told it was the main reason I stopped in there.  It did not disappoint.  


It also comes in this gray color which I loved as well- forgot to snap a photo in the gray version.  Ignore what the model is wearing with hers.  The knee high socks and scarf make it look frumpy and stupid.
It was way cuter on than it looked on her.

My next love was this leopard dress because, Duh, I love anything and everything leopard.  It fit great, plus it is onsale online right now:)  I think it was cute for now and would also look great with black tights when the weather gets cooler.

Again what is up with the model's shoes?  Who is styling these Madewell shoots?


My third find was this Paisley Blouse.  The colors were even better in person.


Two things I wanted to try on but they did not have in the Charlotte store were:

Love the easy feel and look of this.  Plus navy and green is always a good combo.

The color of this dress is just perfect, plus I love the idea of it paired with leopard booties/heels.
I may have to bite the bullet and order these two to try on at home!  
So can you guess which piece came home with me????

If you guessed the Silk Gatehouse dress you were right!  I wore it Saturday night to a party.   Lucky for me my mom bought the Paisley Blouse so we can trade!  Moral of the story, Madewell rocks and you should be shopping there!  Right now online they have free shipping on orders over $100 and extra 25 % off all sale items with code YIPEE.  So, go on and get your shop on, I promise you will love whatever you find there.

Don't you just love Sterling in this picture??  My parents tried to get him to smile but he would not put the sippy cup down.  He does this on purpose when he knows you are trying to take a picture.  Typical man. 
Happy Monday.
**Btw Madewell did not ask me nor pay me to write this post, I just truly love the store and wanted to share some fab finds.**


 

24 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

I adore that blue dress!! I'm with you on getting packages at home. Ok I'm preparing to be shunned here, how can I not get on board with the chambray shirt?? It looks adorable on you. Don't think it goes with me! :(

Julia Ryan said...

you look so lovely in that dress Nat! And Sterling is my favorite of all time even with a sippy cup blocking his sweet smile!

Sarah said...

I just got a cute polka dot silk top there last week - love that place. I blogged about it too if you want to see it - apparentlyobsessed.blogspot.com

livingchel said...

You look gorgeous in the blue dress. We have a Madewell in the local mall and I have only been in there once. I think I need to go soon. I am such a department store girl it seems I need to venture out of Bloomies :-)

Jessie said...

We just got a Madewell in Raleigh and it is fantastic. I told my friends I am going to be a hipster for fall.

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Oh Madewell is easily one of my favorites. Kills me they are not here. It's always one of my main spots to stop when traveling. Love that tunic.

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Oh Madewell should sell me stocks! I could easily live just out of their clothes!

Becca | Lowlife Couture said...

ummm, I have been obsessed with some madewell online shopping lately. THANK YOU for this post, it is so great seeing somethings I have been eyeing on someone :)

Pretty in Pink said...

I really like the gatehouse dress in gray. I love long-sleeved dresses! Madewell has cute shoes and boots too. I just wish they'd have some sort of promo on non-sale stuff :(

Susan said...

Super cute...love the clothes!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Love that blue dress on you!! All you Southern ladies are killing me with your bare legs and silk dresses.

It's sweater, coat and boot weather in Chicago. I had my heat on all weekend!!

Christina said...

Oh you are not alone with the mail/package obsession. I get annoyed when a fedex/ups truck passes my house and I DON'T have a package. I'm like excuse me, turn around.

viv said...

Love both dresses!

Tess said...

i love the blue dress - so great for your coloring. That style of dress is my favorite because it can easily transition to winter with leggings and boots. Great buy!

natasha {schue love} said...

Obsessed with the last dress! I think I need it! ;) And you found some great pieces. I've never been in a Madewell either...one day!

Ashley said...

I love their dresses but WOW is that paisley blouse gorgeous! Stalking their site in 3...2..

Jill said...

tomorrow when all 3 of my kids are in school I am going shopping!!

Baby Shopaholic said...

Madewell is def on my radar! You tried on some cute stuff! I am feeling that navy tunic! I think I Have a coupon.... Here I go!

Balancing Lisa said...

Love madewell! you look fab in all of the looks! xo

Andrea said...

I haven't ever bought anything from Madewell but you are making me think it is about time! Love your blue dress!

Portuguese Prepster said...

Love your picks! They all look great on you!

Lala said...

literally just came to your page to read the review on the chambray shirt because I was about to pull the trigger and you posted about it AGAIN! So, I totally took this as a sign (as well as the fact that my birchbox had a $25 off in it)- Done and done, as Madewell said after I purchased. Now just dying for it to get here-thanks love!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

But wouldn't you just *LOVE* it if they did want to pay you for wearing their clothes??? (c; And they are so dang gorgeous...I have to save up my allowance for a while and get that chambray top!

Tara : Damon : Ellis : Hudson said...

I have been searching for the perfect chambray and after reading this bought that madewell one... So I loved it and wore it about 4 times and then went to wash it but noticed that one of the distressed places (about 2 inches under the right pocket) had turned ino a hole! I was so sad and called madewell, they sent me a replacement which I got this afternoon. After wearing it a couple hours, the exact same distressed spot I turning into a hole! I am so annoyed- I can't imagine washing or drying it, I do t want it to completely tear open- have you noticed this with yours? How does yours are in the wash? I hate to have to send another back, I love the shirt! Sigh...