Friday, September 14, 2012

Thoughts For Friday

Happy Friday my sweet friends.   I am so glad it is the weekend because guess what?  The hubs and I are celebrating our 5 year Wedding Anniversary tomorrow!  Feels like just yesterday we got married, time seriously flies by!  5 years married, 11 years together and one sweet baby boy later.  We are a very blessed couple.  I love you Matt!


Sterling's Big Boy room is coming along quite nicely.  I am headed to Charlotte next week to get the rest of the bed so soon it will be completely finished and I will share some pictures.  For now here is a little sneak peek.
Told you the 3 Sprouts Baskets were adorable! 


I am so ready for fall.  Last night I busted out my Chanel Vamp and painted my nails.  This remains one of my all time favorite nail polishes.



I am embarrassed to admit it, but I have been watching Married to Jonas and I kind of like it.  What is wrong with me- why do I always get sucked into these Reality TV shows?  Kevin Jonas seems like a sweet guy or at least they portray him to be sweet:)  It is my guilty pleasure.


I just finished Reading Bringing up Bebe, and I highly recommend for any of you moms out there.  It had some great advice on the differences between French and American parenting.  It was super interesting.  The premise is that French children are better behaved, sleep earlier through the night, and are better eaters than American children.  I could relate to alot of what the Pamela wrote and plan to try and implement some of the ideas into our daily life.


Confession, I have been majorly into the Library lately.  Call me a nerd but I love it.   I take Sterling there at least once a week.  He picks out books and movies and then I always find something for myself- I am so over buying books.  They clutter up my house after I read them and this is much cheaper and easier!  
This week I picked up Born to be Brad.  I know there are alot of Brad haters out there but I still love him and can't wait to read his book.  
I also put my name on the waiting list for Carol Radziwill's book What Remains.  I guess the Real Housewives has helped her book out because I was 13th on the waiting list!


Did you all know Nate Berkus is coming out with a line for Target?  I am so excited.  I think I might pick up a set of the sheets for Sterling's room.  How fabulous are they?  And just perfect for my suave little man!

Just saw this dress on Pinterest yesterday and now I am convinced I need it.  I used to be so into BCBG but probably have not bought anything from there in years.  This makes me want to stop in and browse.  Love this dress it would be just perfect for Fall.

Speaking of dresses I have been obsessed with my Madewell Tunic Dress.  I wore this baby three times last week.  And it's on sale right now in the Poppy Color.  Such a great casual dress.  I love it so much I am seriously contemplating getting the Poppy color too.  Highly recommend it for you ladies!




Enjoy your weekends.  In honor of my anniversary, this Ecard made me laugh out loud.  Here's to hoping Matt doesn't feel like our love is forced:)



xoxo!

42 comments:

Pink and Fabulous said...

Happy anniversary! Enjoy celebrating! I can't wait to see Sterling's room! I tried to get Carol's book at B and N and it was totally sold out! Girlfriend got herself some serious popularity this season because I saw Ramona wine fully stocked at the liquor store!

Pink and Fabulous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia Ryan said...

Well Happy Anniversary to y'all my dear! I'm loving the sneak peek of Sterling's room. It's going to be so man-chic! And loving all the rest of your finds too. I accidentally started watching the jonas show too last week when it came on after the kardashians. I didn't turn it off :)
Have a great weekend! xoxox

Jill said...

Happy anniversary! I hope Matt spoils you rotten this weekend;)

I just started what reamins last night, I am not that far into yet to really have an opinion but I heard it was really good

Nat said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Can't wait to see how Sterling's big boy room turns out! I have to admit I completely obsessed with Married to Jonas- I happen to catch about 10 mins and then I was hooked- I'm such a sucker for those shows

megan said...

Ha, that ecard make me laugh. Happy Anniversary to you & Matt! Got any big plans? PS - you & Caycee were in my dream last night. haha

Julia said...

So I have that Madewell dress but always manage to look like a crumpled mess by the end of the day! Mine seems to get wrinkly so fast. Do you have this issue/ any ways to get around it?

Also happy anniversary!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Lots of great stuff here. I have that Madewell dress too! Wore it in my GG photoshoot.

Jessie said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding pictures are so pretty! I am in desperate need of a new book. I might have to try out your suggestions.

KatiePerk said...

Happy Anniversary! I just got the Born to Be Brad book too. My husband was cracking up at my literary selection.

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Aw happy anniversary! And PS I am totally a brad lover.

Sunkissed and Southern said...

I read about that French book a long time ago and want to read it for when I parent one day! Seems like they have some great ideas. I have gotten hooked on the Jonas show too. Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

Happy 5th Anniversary! Hubs and I celebrate our 5th this November! I love to frequent the library with my boys - it's not nerdy, lots of great books to choose from! It's perfect on a rainy day for the kids. Have a great anniversary weekend! xoxo www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Congrats...y'all are so cute! Yes going black or navy blue this wknd! Xo

Georgine said...

girl, get your library on!! more $ for wine ;) you are a doll, see you in CLT?! happy anniversary too!!

Unknown said...

Haha that last quote, and happy anniversary to you and your hubby!! xoxo

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember seeing some of your wedding photos that you posted -must have been on your anniversary last year. They are just as beautiful as I remember! Enjoy your weekend. :)

P.S. I'm on the Married to Jonas train too.

Christina said...

Happy Anniversary!! I finally broke into the fall nail polish with a dark jeweled green. It's actually a L'Oreal nail polish and it's great! I'll blog it soon. Happy weekend girlfriend!

Leslie said...

Happy anniversary! It seems like lots of good things are happening right now. I love that Nate Berkus is coming out with a line for Target. I will have to check that out!

Amanda said...

Happy Anni! I thought I was the only person that is in to Married to Jonas! I don't know what it is about them. Those dresses are super cute. Have a great weekend!

Sarah Condon said...

Happy Anniversay! Have a wonderful dinner!! It was great seeing you at lunch wed. Can't wait to see his finished room. Have a great weekend.

pretty little things said...

1. happy anniversary, 2. I am in love with my local library too and 3. very excited to know about the new nate berkus collection at target since I am a target freak! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Natalie said...

Aww so sweet! Happy five years! Sterling's room looks amazing, love the chair and that pillow. And I've been addicted to Married to Jonas also -- they seem like a sweet couple with a normal relationship which is really refreshing. Happy weekend, Nat! Have fun celebrating! xo

Kelly said...

Your wedding photo is so gorgeous. Happy anniversary. My husband and I have celebrated 15 years and I also include the pre-marriage 6 years. It may have been a long courtship, but my husband is a true gem.

Katie said...

I've been reading your blog for a few months now, but haven't commented on anything yet. I must tell you, though, I LOVE your product recommendations; bought a May Book last month (so cute!) and just bought a 3 Sprouts toy bin for a friend's baby shower this weekend.

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your weekend!

Baby Shopaholic said...

Happy Anniversary! To Many More!!!

Stefanie said...

Ecards never get old! Happy Anniversary to you! I have also started watching the Married to Jonas reality show and actually think it's kind of cute too! Love her family! And Sterling's big boy room is so adorable, can't wait for the final reveal.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I still like BCBG because there is tons of it at Nordstrom Rack marked way down.

Still reading Bringing up Bebe. I am enjoying it too.

You were a gorgeous couple and I love your wedding dress.

OK that fart quote made me snort. :-)

Happy Anniversary! We were married 1 year before you.

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Happy anniversary you two cuties!!! I'm excited for Nate's collection, and love everything happening in Sterling's room!

natasha {schue love} said...

Gah! You were STUNNING on your wedding day! Just gorgeous! And I love how Sterling's room is coming together! Also, I've been looking for new books to read...thanks!

Frances said...

LOVE your wedding dress! you looked gorgeous! happy anniversary! Married to Jonas is also a guilty pleasure of mine! :)

Alexa said...

Happy anniversary my friend! Such a wonderful celebration.

Megan said...

I got sucked into Married to Jonas when there was a marathon the other day! They are really cute together!

Happy Anniversary to you and Matt! :)

Unknown said...

You are STUNNING! Those wedding photos are so great. Hot mama dress, too. Love Sterling's room sneak peek. And Married to Jonas is my new favorite show. Made the hubs watch two episodes with me last night. They seem so down to earth and actually in love. Super cute.

Anonymous said...

STOP!! WHY are you so cute!??!?! Happy Anniversary!! I'm married to a Matt too! haha! xoxo

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Bwahahahaha! I totally laughed at that on Pinterest, too and made my husband come and read it! He didn't think it was quite as entertaining as I...(c; Happy Anniversary to a darling couple! Here's to many more wonderful years together!!! I think this is the first time I'm seeing the wedding pictures, they are GORGEOUS!!! Of course...you're always cute!!!

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Enjoy your weekend! :)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I laughed out loud when I saw you pin that eCard!

Bri Buzali said...

I've been watching Married to Jonas too, I think they're so cute!

Bud and Leo said...

Happy Anni!!!!!! You guys are adorable! Love your dress too! And let me know how Born to be Brad is! I've been wanting to read it :) And I get sucked into every. single. reality. show. too dang it!!!!

Sadie + Stella said...

Happy Anniversary love muffin!! Look how skinny you are! Sheesh. I too am embarrassed to admit I have watched the Jonas show. It is pretty bad. I have to say. I get sucked into all of those shows as well. Love your dresses etc!

Courtney M said...

umm I totally watch that Jones show too, and I love his wife! Oh and I am am total library nerd too. The kids love it!